• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I've only seen about 6 minutes of this episode dubbed but it seems like Scrafty's voice is Ok same thing with Mandibuzz I noticed at the end when iris tried to capture Meowth they reworded it from "I didn't agree to a capture" to "I am not going to be anyone's Pokemon"
Iris also didn't say go Pokeball in the dub. Keep in mind I didn't Completely see this episode in English yet but will soon.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Meowth joining the gang is a huge step. But Im surprised to see how well he's fitting into the good side of the saga with the gang. Im not so disappointed in the fact that he's fired from Team Rocket, could be interesting to see how things turn out further on in the story.

Plus, I'm thrilled to see both Tepig and Scraggy have gotten stronger since the last time they battled. Tepig is more agile with agility and Scraggy learned a new move and defeated a Mandibuzz! Looks like they're training is progressing. Progress = Great

I'm also looking forward to the next event with Team Rocket's plan taking action. It's exciting that I even know what it's going to include. :p Also, I wonder how Team Rocket will react, seeing Meowth with the "twerps".

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This was a fantastic episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The main body of the episode involved Meowth being found by Ash and co and then casually staying with them due to him not being 100%. Axew is taken by a scrafty, very scraftily (sorry i had to do it) and then takes Axew hostage and its up to Meowth to negociate. After an exchange and a battle with Axew, Scrafty breaks down and the gang decide to help him get his home back by evicting a mandibuzz (by scraggy using high jump kick) but this mandibuzz was evicted by his friend and it was up to meowth again to reunite them.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket (minus meowth) decide to continue their plan which seems to involve the subway system which they use to reach anville town.

Now, Meowth's story seems slightly fishy to me (like many other members of the forum) because of what he said in the previous episode. However, Meowth didn't falter at all in the episode to indicate this was the case so I'm a little unsure if this was genuine or not, I guess only time will tell.

As a final note, that sudden capture attempt by Iris did come out of nowhere didn't it but I can see why. It seems that Iris has taken a shine towards meowth, possibly to such a point to maybe trusting him in the future, and with the fact that meowth is the only one of its kind in the unova region Iris thought of it as an opportunity to catching a rare pokemon among these parts. However, I did expect for Meowth to escape, he will always been a lone wolf in terms of ownership.

Anyway, great episode bring on the next one to feature meowth :D.

Haunter ゴースト

Brilliant episode, brilliant dub.

Everything about this episode was enjoyable, I really didn't find any parts where it got boring (which most episodes have at least one of), I enjoyed the little mention of how rare Meowth is in the Unova region, and Iris's attempted capture.

Great episode, 10/10.

Rebeccag

Great episode. Loved Meouth joning the group although i smel a rat. Loved Meouth sucking up to Iris and Clian and also how Ash wasnt sure whenever to trust meouth or not. Glad Tepig has gotten stronger as well i kinda like that little pig and Iris trying to capture Meouth too although it didnt work out. I wonder how long Team Rockets plan will work aswell I assume when the gang reach the next gym

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
My favorite moments from this episode where all of Pikachu's faces when Meowth said something out of character and the fact that scraggy got to battle and learn a new move. Perfect all around <3

AmericanPi

Write on
Now, Meowth's story seems slightly fishy to me (like many other members of the forum) because of what he said in the previous episode. However, Meowth didn't falter at all in the episode to indicate this was the case so I'm a little unsure if this was genuine or not, I guess only time will tell.

Yeah, considering how crafty and evil Meowth has been so far, I was really surprised how Meowth returned so quickly to his old, goofy self. Perhaps Meowth leaving Team Rocket was all part of a greater plan, who knows?

Overall, nice episode despite its filler-ishness. Scraggy finally got an appearance, and learned a new move too. Great job, Scrafty, for teaching that move. :)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I liked this episode. It's one of the most interesting episodes I've ever seen. I enjoyed the pokemon debuts (Scrafty and Mandibuzz) as well as Meowth joining the team for now.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. Meowth sure is rare in Unova. With the convincing done to hang out with Ash and friends, that's nice, but Pikachu still believes that Meowth is bringing us to a trap.

Nice to see some training by Tepig and Scraggy, too. And Sniy helping out to rescue Axew was nice.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I loved this episode, surprisingly. I think it's because I can finally understand what's happening, but I just enjoyed it more than the japanese original.

I like how this Meowth arc has started, so I hope the next two episodes are as good, because I didn't like them.

R_N

this was great

I loved seeing Scrafty & especially Mandibuzz in action/motion.
Also somewhat surprised they had the two Mandibuzz share a home!

Oh and the whole meowth thing was neat too I guess.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why did Meowth use the term buds when referring to the two Mandibuzz? Idk it's just weird using that term seeing as its an all female species.

pokeaussie37

Woah this episode felt really rushed. Each scene felt really jumpy. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Yeah I just watched it and I can see what you mean. For what was essentially a hostage situation you might expect that to take a little more time :p although it's fair enough. It did feel as if they were trying to fit a lot of things into the episode.

Scraggy learning Hi Jump Kick was great though :D

It's just weird. That whole detective Cilan scene finished as I blinked my eye. Not a phrase, I'm dead serious.

But I really liked it. Ordinarily, Pokemon episodes feel like a chore for me and I'm constantly checking the youtube video to see when it is over. This one just went by so quickly. It's in my top 10 favourite Pokemon episodes of all time

R_N

Why did Meowth use the term buds when referring to the two Mandibuzz? Idk it's just weird using that term seeing as its an all female species.

bud/s isn't a male-exclusive term and is probably a more polite term than say "gals" while still fitting with Meowth's speech pattern.

pokeaussie37

It's just weird. That whole detective Cilan scene finished as I blinked my eye. Not a phrase, I'm dead serious.

But I really liked it. Ordinarily, Pokemon episodes feel like a chore for me and I'm constantly checking the youtube video to see when it is over. This one just went by so quickly. It's in my top 10 favourite Pokemon episodes of all time

Yeah the Cilan and Meowth interrogation scene was incredibly amusing. The episode exceeded my expectations.

In a similar way, Pokemon episodes are also a chore, when it's an episode like this, a first episode after a major event i.e. the Don Battle tournament. I'm often not particularly enthused about the episode, however as I've said I really enjoyed it.

Arufa

Alpha Trainer
I watched this and thought it had to be trick. I watched and thought, any minute now he should turn his back on them, team rocket loves meowth, they couldn't leave him like that. The episode ended and I sit there with my mouth open, wondering what just happened. Please be a trick, this goes against every season so far. Possibly every episode too. Meowth has always been bad though, It's at least unlikely that he'll turn into one of the twerps.

starshapes

Rising Star
Could someone explain to me why James suddenly has a speech impediment?

That is not how you pronounce "schedule."

I noticed that as well. Sometimes I wonder about quality control. How does a mistake like that not get corrected. Like if I was the VA, I would realize that I messed up and retake the scene. How it gets past him and everyone else is mind-boggling.

Regardless, this was a great episode. Among other things, I'm glad we got some Snivy screen-time and Scraggy learned a new move.