• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
It should also be pointed out that when Scrafty did the attack and missed, it got hurt doing it. The only other move that remotely does that is jump kick, but Scraggy can't learn it.

Anyway the writers honestly expect me to believe that Meowth being caught by the police was really that punishable of an event to be fired. Um what the hell writers, Jessie, James and Meowth were caught by a whole crap load of police officers when they first met Pierce. Can you say unbelievable B.S.

I love how Snivy played a role in this episode. I mean first off she smacks the crap out of Meowth. GO SNIVY! But no one was really expecting her to be in this episode. Loved how she rescued Axew and stuff.

Tepig, glad to see you get some more battles and wins, but you know I kind of feel it was pointless. I'm not sure why Ash chose you over his other Pokemon.

YAY SCRAGGY! Not only does it learn a new move because it was impressed by it from Scrafty, but it kicks a Mandibuzz's butt in the process. And I love how Scraggy yet again refused to go in its Poke ball. Take a hint Ash, it's not all about Pikachu.

As for Team Rocket, I don't know what the flying fudge they're doing, but I don't really care.

A decent episode, I guess you can say, but I don't really know what Meowth's problem was in the beginning with the whole preventing them from getting Axew, but oh well.

And also lamest excuse for being fired, if he's really fired and not tricking the twerps.

yeah but
pierce has been missing for 20 odd episodes
meowth was worried about his travels in unova (bw002)
and how can't you care about team rocket
and the first time TR got caught by the police were they in the middle of a mission, not really
giovanni would't have fired TR for getting caught in bw010 because it wasn't their fault the police just knew where they were (magic)
and JJM are the only agents in unova if he fired all 3 then he would have to send in more agents and if the whole of unova is on high alert then i'm gueessing they would notice a aircraft with the TR logo on

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I really hope Team Rocket's new mission isn't carrying out bombings in a big city... that's never going to fly in the dub, which'll mean we get screwed again.

Its not going to be that, I can't imagine it being that in pokemon but anyway don't watch dubs, the episode will be subed watch it subbed.

Kdude146

yeah but
pierce has been missing for 20 odd episodes
meowth was worried about his travels in unova (bw002)
and how can't you care about team rocket
and the first time TR got caught by the police were they in the middle of a mission, not really
giovanni would't have fired TR for getting caught in bw010 because it wasn't their fault the police just knew where they were (magic)
and JJM are the only agents in unova if he fired all 3 then he would have to send in more agents and if the whole of unova is on high alert then i'm gueessing they would notice a aircraft with the TR logo on

Team Rocket came in undercover on a air plane that Ash was on so he could send Butch and Casady in the same way if he feels that more agents are needed.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
Team Rocket came in undercover on a air plane that Ash was on so he could send Butch and Casady in the same way if he feels that more agents are needed.

I would like to hope that unova airport security is better

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Iris came out of nowhere with that Pokeball didn't she? Silly girl ...

To say that Jessie and James sent Meowth to distract the group is giving them a lot of credit. That means by now they realize that the only one who can actually stop them is some 10 year old brat with a Pikachu. It also means that they got the local Pokemon in on it somehow which seems more implausible then Meowth getting fired in the first place.

Meowth did say he'd take full responsibility for the plan when they were reviewing it in the Don Battle Arch. If they really got caught Meowth could have taken the fall to protect his friends and gotten burned by how cold Jessie and James reacted to his punishment. Might also explain why Meowth seemed so reluctant to receive the group's help at the beginning of the episode.

But then that's giving the writers too much credit. It's a lose-lose situation from a logic standpoint.

dman_dustin

That means by now they realize that the only one who can actually stop them is some 10 year old brat with a Pikachu.

Well that 10 year old brat is the only one who's been directly and indirectly responsible for most it not all of Team Rocket's failures (well the one's that are on the main series and on screen). Since Ash and Pikachu's presence means failure for Team Rocket. If the mission is important, then Team Rocket would want Ash and co to stay away.

Except Mewtwo, that was all Giovanni's fault.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know, I just realized 2 things about this episode that I don't think a lot of people have discussed:

1. This is the 1st time in Unova that Meowth used his ability to talk to other pokemon
2. This episode could attract players into adding Mandibuzz to their teams

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You know, I just realized 2 things about this episode that I don't think a lot of people have discussed:

1. This is the 1st time in Unova that Meowth used his ability to talk to other pokemon
2. This episode could attract players into adding Mandibuzz to their teams

1. Really? I thought he has done it already before..
2. I already have one on my team. I like it, it works for me..

Yay, Meowth didn't get caught, Scraggy and Tepig got a good win, awesome!

Janovy

Banned
Ugh.

- Scraggy gets a new move.
- Tepig is stuck with 3 same moves.

:(

Not that I'm not happy because of Scraggy but ... ugh.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So. Iris didn't catch Meowth.

OK. I can handle this. I can-

GRAAAAGH, WHAT WERE THOSE WRITERS THINKING?! THEY ARE IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS! STUPID STINKING *@#$%#@#$ @$#!$@#$@ @#@$ $@#?!#@$! YOU DON'T HAVE A @#$%ING SUNSET SCENE JUST TO HAVE THE CAPTURE $@$#@#$ FAIL!

EDIT: Nice, though, that Scraggy learned Hi Jump Kick.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I've always wondered: where do u guys watch these episodes so quickly? :p I always have to wait a couple of days till it airs on some anime websites.

Grey Wind

Yes, Scraggy finally learned something. At least he can do damage now. I'm gald he got Hi Jump Kick, it's a nice move for him. Scrafty also looked quite good in the Anime.

And I was slightly dissapointed Meowth didn't get caught. I would have liked if he was captured for a few episodes.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Ugh.

- Scraggy gets a new move.
- Tepig is stuck with 3 same moves.

:(

Not that I'm not happy because of Scraggy but ... ugh.

I still think Tepig will learn a move upon evolution(arm thrust/heat crash or both) and eventually evolved Ember to something else too, Flamethrower most likelly.

Still the episode was more about Scraggy then Tepig, Tepig got a win and that is good enough :p, I was also happy to see Snivy beind used.

One question am I the only one that though it was slighty lame(I'm not whining) that they just make the Mandibuzz make peace with each other and then it goes to sunset scene, completelly forgetting about Scrafty which was the focus of the episode? or was it becuase of my keyhole tv? I assume Scrafty became friends with the Mandibuzz.

Missigno youre one of those people that I can safelly say, I'm happy you don't write anything lol, don't take it badly but your farfetched theories are just crazy sometimes(ok most of the times) to be truth or even make sense.

Elice they are the writers, its not something we call them , they write the show, some people probably know their names but since its a team its probably a team effort and there is suggestion from every one of them, I'm not going to say, damn, dude a, dude b, dude c, dudette writer, for screwing that, I'm going to use writers the plural XD.

Last edited:

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
I don't believe Meowth's sob story for a second. The whole "rowing into the moonlight" scene absolutely reeks of boss fantasy-style exaggeration.

Also, it's not that Ash and friends are the only ones that can stop one of Team Rocket's plans, it's that they always get in the way. Keeping them out of the way allows the plans to move forward.

Last edited:

blufair

Lurker
I thought it was funny how the twerps kept getting pulled further and further off course. First they're trying to rescue Axew from a villainous Scrafty, but then the Scrafty really just needs help with a bad Mandibuzz, and then the Mandibuzz just needs help with another Mandibuzz.... It feels like either Meowth really did orchestrate this whole thing (very unlikely, in my opinion) or they're going for some kind of "the bad guys are all just misunderstood" vibe.

Yeah, at the end he'd have to be released anyways, making the capture pointless.
But seriously, can we get a name in here other than just "the writers?"

This episode was written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi. The head writer for the show is Atsuhiro Tomioka.

The staff of the anime is listed at http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Staff_of_the_Pokémon_anime. The people under Screenplay would be your elusive writers, I guess, but a few of them don't work on the show anymore.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I don't believe Meowth's sob story for a second. The whole "rowing into the moonlight" scene absolutely reeks of boss fantasy-style exaggeration.

Exactly. Meowth is lying, plain and simple.

Meanwhile, I suspect Jessie and James will be visiting other places in Nimbasa City all while Meowth is travelling with Ash and co. (the music hall, the representation building, etc.) and planting more of those devices. As others have noted on the thread, all a blatant set-up for things getting big and Team Plasma appearing. Yay! ^_^