• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Janovy

Banned

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
Something I also found cute is how Axew has gotten "bonding" moments with Ash's pokemon.

We can probably say Axew and Pikachu are going to be best friends.
But Axew found Oshawott's scalchop, Axew and Tepig were playing with each other, Axew probably sees Snivy as a big sister as she has been shown to save him in two occasions. Also Axew and Scraggy have a little rivalry going on there.

That's an interesting point you made there! :D
I like the idea a lot, and I agree with the Snivy part, that was cute. ;u;

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
umm Mandibuzz takes neutral damage from Hi Jump Kick
I'm pretty sure by disadvantage he meant that Mandibuzz is a Flying type, argo Scraggy being a Fighting type would be at said disadvantage, but if Mandibuzz didn't have a Flying move(it didn't show if it knew one or not) then things would be pretty even...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm pretty sure by disadvantage he meant that Mandibuzz is a Flying type, argo Scraggy being a Fighting type would be at said disadvantage, but if Mandibuzz didn't have a Flying move(it didn't show if it knew one or not) then things would be pretty even...

It used Pluck.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I do think Meowth lied, He is leading the twerps away from town until Plasma retaliates, then he will get the twerps to town to stop team Plasma. (Ash has stopped the TRio, Butch & Casidy, Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galactic. Rocket finally figured this out and are going to let the twerps beat Plasma. Meowth won't be staying long, but depending on the Battle, I could see Meowth joining up with N.

dman_dustin

No kidding! There's no other explanation and to prove it I'll go further. Meowth is not faking it! I've seen him fake it and I've seen him truly upset. If he was bawling that means he's lying but he wasn't.
Even if you are right in some way, keep in mind that we've only seen this firing from Meowth's word as well as Meowth's flashback.

We didn't see this take place in real time, so all we have is Meowth's word. And knowing who Meowth is, he is capable of deception.

He was trying to act all tough about it.
And yet when the scenery changed, he was all too buddy buddy with Ash and co. Enough that Pikachu got annoyed with Meowth.

Manchee

extra toasty
I really like Meowth being with Ash/Iris/Cilan. Even if it lasts for only a few episodes or the rest of the animé. I like the change and enjoy stuff like this. I'm all for it. ^^;

Pika216

when will the translated summery be posted?

irock245

She wants it
C'mon guys, something like this happens almost every season. Meowth leaves team rocket for some reason, then will join back up later. Why would it change now?

*not sure if trolling, AH WELL I'LL HAVE A GO ANYWAYS*
Dear Serenity, that is absolutely focking insane. There aren't ANY hints of something so farfetch'd like that happening and it's obvious that the over dramatic flashback is a load of bollocks that Meowth is clearly lying about, but Ash and co. are so sweet and helpful that they'll take him in for the time being anyways. How adorable.

Nice. You know its really nice having the guts to voice my oponion on a huge forum with thousands of people on it and then being shot down quite rudely by another member when I'm new on here and don't know what the community is like with the members.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I feel sorry for meowth...and the Scrafty. I'd bring him with me.

Nice episode showcasing my third favorite pokemon (Scrafty).

@Above: It's okay. You'll learn to just ignore a lot of the people on here. Personally, I agree with you about Meowth. I'd like it if he became a friendly character for Satoshi/Ash and company. I always thought that Meowth was too good for Team Rocket, anyway.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Alright, I enjoyed this episode and it was a great start of the Meowth arc.

Positive points [+]

- Meowth. His chemistry with the BW trio is what we've been missing, he made the episode for me and so did his interactions with the characters of the group. I feel the need to exclaim Pikachu because his snarky expressions were priceless. Those alone proved that the cat and the mouse have a long history and that Pikachu doesn't quite trust Meowth yet. Go Meowth, you're so much more fun with a personality!

- Tepig gets a win and Scraggy learns a new move? Hell yeah! Ever since the first scans have been revealed the fandom has been speculating about something like this happening and to see their predictions actually come true in this episode is really ... surprising and yet really awesome. High Jump Kick? Yes, please! Also, Tepig was absolutely badass in that battle. But please! Writers, please - give Tepig a fourth move!

- The animation. Iwane did this episode so I'm really not surprised by the great quality.

- Team Rocket; finally the plot starts moving. Judging by the first experience we had (the first couple of missions led to a meteorite which led to a epic showdown between Team Plasma and Rocket), I think we're in for one hell of a two-parter. I'm pretty sure the writers won't disappoint, they have proven with Plasma episodes that they know how to make an epic, plot-centric episode.

- Iris trying to catch Meowth, not only did some fans see what they were eager to see happen for years, but we've also got the proof that Meowth didn't change, his character development wasn't scrapped and that he's a Pokémon like he always was.

Negative points [-]

- Um, I don't quite get this. Why didn't Axew simply use Dragon Rage to save himself? I have nothing against extra Snivy screentime, but was that really necessarily. I feel like that scene was done just to take up some time. I mean, if the move could break a window I don't see why it shouldn't go through some weak rope. The plot of episode was also dull to me.

Why did Scrafty kidnap Axew? Why didn't it approach the gang like he approached other wild Pokémon and ask for their help? But this IS Pokémon so I can't expect every plot to make sense.

- Lack of Pokémon variety. It's not that I don't mind having Tepig a win, in fact - I think that's great. But wouldn't his Tranquill do much better? I mean, it's not like Tepig learned a new move or anything, that screentime could have easily went to Ash's bird.
This could be justified if Tranquill ended up being used in the Nimbassa gym but somehow I doubt that will happen. :S

Overall, a great episode despite the poor writing and several obvious flaws. Seeing Meowth interact with twerps while being his old self if really something and just makes the time go faster. The battles were neat, the interactions enjoyable and we've got some foreshadowing of the upcoming grand Team Rocket scheme. Since I think Meowth is tricking them, it will be interesting for me (and others) to see where all of this actually leads up to. :D

Venomfang

Perky Goth
If it does turn out that Meowth is fooling Ash and Co. then I hope that they never trust him again. I mean, seriously, how many times have they fallen for this scam.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
If it does turn out that Meowth is fooling Ash and Co. then I hope that they never trust him again. I mean, seriously, how many times have they fallen for this scam.
Let's see, divide by three...carry the one...How many grains of sand are there on the beach again?

But does anyone besides me think that that second Mandibuzz sounded a bit masculine for a pokemon that only comes in female?

Janovy

Banned
But does anyone besides me think that that second Mandibuzz sounded a bit masculine for a pokemon that only comes in female?
Oh God, no.

They were both female, they were friends and a part of the flock. Watch the subbed version, Meowth refers them to just as a friends.