• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Tell me the interrogation scene wasn't just plain awesome. It's just sad that a duo like Meowth and Cilan is too good to last.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This felt like a fusion of 24 and MGS at times XD

Battra

This is certainly better done the previous Meowth joining the team episodes, it was actually nice to see Meowth being kind and actually trying to help on his own. Of course Meowth actually staying with the group won't last, god forbid the writers actually try something different & actually have Meowth continuing on with the gang, it certainly would make for some much more interesting episodes.

Anyway it was nice seeing Scraggy get so more screen time & actually learning a new move.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If Meowth stayed, there would be more useless negotiations episodes that we don't need. Unless Meowth actually battles, that is. Maybe even learn a better attack than Fury Swipes.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If Meowth stayed, there would be more useless negotiations episodes that we don't need. Unless Meowth actually battles, that is. Maybe even learn a better attack than Fury Swipes.

No need to hate on most eps now XD

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
All this sweetness from Meowth was fishy... and how could he recover so quickly from banishment from TR?

Poor Scrafty. How does a pokemon lose that often?! Oh, right. Torterra.

But I'm serious. First Scrafty loses to Mandibuzz, then gets 1HKO'd by Pikachu, then loses to Tepig. The poor guy better improve his battling skills. ^^

ForgottenPearl

But I'm serious. First Scrafty loses to Mandibuzz, then gets 1HKO'd by Pikachu, then loses to Tepig. The poor guy better improve his battling skills. ^^

Heh, good point. I can't say I noticed that.

Well, months later, here I am commenting on the episode: let's see how my memory does. Personally, I thought it was kinda a slow episode, not one of my favorites. A little repetitive with Meowth going from Pokemon to Pokemon to help out.

But I love the Meowth arc. I was expecting Meowth's "Scrafty tactics" to be revealed at the end of the episode (actually, I thought the Scrafty was going to be a Team Rocket Pokemon somehow). Yet, they were willing to turn this into a full arc over many episodes. Great call: having Meowth travel with the twerps for a while added variety to the show.

And I was totally in suspense when Iris tried to catch Meowth out of nowhere: that would have been the plot twist of the century! But kudos for Meowth, who will escape Poke Balls a few more times. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I have to say, I LOVED this Meowth and twerps arc. Even though I saw the eventual ending coming, it was still great to have Meowth around and actually getting along with the twerps. It was a great change of pace. I was surprised that the arc lasted as long as it did, but it was a change of pace from the one-ep-and-done half-dozen other times Meowth flirted with the side of good. I loved all the episodes in the arc, even the weakest one (the beeheeyem one). Great to see Scraggy learn a new move too.

9/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Liked this episode; I think there was initially some confusion when the Japanese raw aired, and some people thought that Scrafty was trying to become friends with the Mandibuzz, but I'm glad the dub cleared that up to where Scrafty was just trying to get its home back. That's why we didn't have to come back to Scrafty at the end of the episode.

This felt like a fusion of 24 and MGS at times XD
I love 24, but what's MGS?

NPT

Just a member
Here we have Meowth temporary joining Ash and friends. It was obvious that Mewoth would going to betray them later, but still, it was a nice change from normal Team Rocket hi-jinks.

The wild Scrafty was kind of annoying, but hey... at least Ash's Scraggy ended up learning Hi-Jump kick thanks to him. Not sure what to make of Iris trying to catch Mewoth all of a sudden, but he would've been a crappy addition to her team if she actually managed to catch him.

Like every season 14 episode, most of the Japanese BGM was kept in this episode as well. Now if only they did the same for the next few seasons... *sigh*

Last edited:
>That image in the OP.
Too funny! :)

I have a nagging feeling that Meowth making friends with everyone has something to do with TR's plan with the Subway system. Calling it now.

Something else I noticed. The Pokedex will only say "the evolution of _______." when someone has seen the first stage of that Pokemon. It did this with Scrafty, and countless other Pokemon, If I'm not mistaken.

The Meowth arc was incredible. Meowth's interactions with the group were cool and it was a nice little change. Also I thought the running gag involving people trying to catch Meowth and his reactions was really funny.

What's up with the young inexperienced Pokemon learning overly powerful moves? Hi Jump Kick is even stronger than Outrage if I remember correctly.

JudySpell

Banned
I was highly suspicious of Meowth's sob story about leaving the TRio but seeing him help Ash and pals was a good change. 7/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I liked this episode alot. It was interesting to see meowth join the group, It was also nice to see Pikachu being the unsure one of the group.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww I liked how Ash's group helped Meowth, plus Meowth negotiating with the evil Scrafty to free Axew was both funny and tense hee hee. I liked when Meowth and Cilan interrogated Scrafty as well. :]

Opal Pikachu13

I liked the Meowth arc. This was a great start to it, Meowth helped the group out in rescuing Axew from Scrafty and was a good negoitiator. I'm glad that Iris didn't catch Meowth either, but it was pretty amusing that others tried to catch him as well in other episodes of the arc. Even if it was all a trick leading to the Subway takeover, it was great to see Meowth hang out with the group.