• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metagame Trends

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Discuss what is being used as of now, such as new emerging pokemon, strategies, and counters.

For instance, Ferrothorn is the #1 used pokemon in the Metagame. It takes down bulky waters, which are so common, but falls prey to pretty much any fire type.

People are starting to use Gastrodon and Quagsire a lot more. As a result, I've seen HP Grass a lot more on things like Rotom-W and Gastro itself.

Suicune3000

Water Lord
I've seen a lot of Psychic types (Alakazam, Espeon etc) running HP Fire to stop Pursuiting Scizor that I used. I put Heatran in to stop that tactic.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
People are starting to use Gastrodon and Quagsire a lot more. As a result, I've seen HP Grass a lot more on things like Rotom-W and Gastro itself.
On that note, Grass Knot seems less viable since it does nothing to Rotom-W.

Dark-Tyranitar

SAND VEIL HAX!!!

on my sand team, I added Latios with lefties and energy ball (not grass knot) because my team can often can get destroyed by scarftom.

Gamefreak

I have been using LO Heatran to 2HKO common pokemon like Jellicant, Rotom W, and Politoed. Nobody sees it coming with how popular the SpD versions are.

I have been using Virizion to take advantage of Scarfed Tyranitar, Landorus, to check Excadrill, and to deal with Rain. It sets up against a large portion of the metagame right now, especially since Latios has been dropping in usage.

I also have been using LO Starmie to completely rape almost any team without a Ferrothorn, a pokemon which has been dropping in usage.

Soperman

The One and Only
I've been noticing that Dragonite has been a lot more common these past few days.
But I've also noticed more people using Slowbro :)

Fabolous

Banned
Ive been seeing alot less sandstorm teams and more hail/rain teams for some odd reason,people usually run a scarfed landorus on a hail team just to check threats.

Suicune3000

Water Lord
I've been noticing that Dragonite has been a lot more common these past few days.
But I've also noticed more people using Slowbro :)

I think Dragonite has peaked this gen with the arrival of Multiscale, giving it an extra turn's setup. Dragonite is one of the main reasons I use a Rocks lead, to break Multiscale (along with most sashes). I've seen a lot of DNite leads trying to DD, so I use Infernape with Taunt to deal with them. But yeah, I think Nite is used more than Mence nowadays.

MiSeRY BuSiNeSS

nV The MiSeRyyyyyy
Weather weather weather.

I also have been using LO Starmie to completely rape almost any team without a Ferrothorn, a pokemon which has been dropping in usage.

HP Fire is decent in the last slot since Ferrothorn ALWAYS switches in, and it is usually 2HKOed by HP Fire + other move.

irock245

She wants it
EVERYONE uses a ferrothorn.
not me

Yes mamoswine is used more he's actually pretty good against a lot of sh*t. I can beat +1 volcaronas with him, as no one runs fire blast on their offensive volcarona, and that's the only fire type attack that can OHKO mamoswine. Thick fat is a godsend.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I've been seeing a lot more earth power celebis as well since it lets you beat Jirachi better epsecially in rain. Though tbh I don't know why people are using this as you lose out against the likes of scizor, all depends on the team I suppose. xD

Thanks to Stone_cold's team on smogon, I've been seeing a LOT of Tornadus as a rain abuser.
Choice Specs Hurricanes can be kinda threatening if you're not prepared for it, and hurt a lot of things.
I didn't realize my team was weak to Tornadus, since I didn't see to many before!

Latias_

Passive voice
EVERYONE uses a ferrothorn.

Obviously everyone uses Ferrothorn, even in ubers its ranked 7th in usage, being able to wall Kyogre, Zekrom, Arceus-Steel, etc. In the rain mixed attacker Giratina-O does something like 25% with HP Fire.

Ilan

I do not see anybody using Cloyster much anymore. A shame, he is quite the underrated threat.

Yeah I don't see those anymore weird...
I see a lot of pokemons with balloon especially heatran I think it is useless since it works only once and as a player who switch a lot I prefer just don't being on a EQ in the first place...