1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Metagross Discussion Thread

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Rocxidi, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

[​IMG]

Stats: 80 / 135 / 130 / 95 / 90 / 70

Ability: Clear Body:
    Nullifies stat drops from the opponent. This means that Intimidate and moves like Sticky Webs and Rock Tomb will not lower Metagross's stats. This does not work on self inflicted stat drops such as Hammer Arm.

An excellent ability, as its attack does not drop with Intimidate. It also allows it to switch in while Sticky Webs are in place and switch in safely into moves like Icy Wind.

[​IMG]

Stats: 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 110 / 110

Ability: Tough Claws:
    Boosts the power of physical contact moves by 33 percent.

An amazing ability, especially for a Pokemon who's whole relevant movepool consists of mostly physical contact moves.

Overall, Metagross is a great Pokemon, able to become a threat to all playstyles after Mega Evolution.

Moves to look out for:

Agility
    Hone Claws
    Magnet Rise
    Stealth Rock
    Substitute

Meteor Mash
    Iron Head
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch

Hammer Arm
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Grass Knot

Earthquake
    Pursuit
    Power-up Punch

(STAB, Tough Claws)​

Discuss its influence on the current metagame and its current suspect test.

2. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

You can pretty much discuss everything about the suspect test here along with Metagross's current role in this meta.

But while I'm here I might as well say that I'm definitely leaning towards a no ban.
    This isn't like Greninja or Mega Mence where most if not all of it's checks are unviable obscure mons. You have Mandibuzz which is 3HKO'd by Meteor Mash. Scarfed Landorus has a chance to OHKO after rocks, bulky Mega Scizor which does kinda beat it 1v1 lol. I know sacrificing your mega slot to beat 1 mon is pretty much the definition of centralizing but you really even need Scizor.

And no I don't believe the ban of Metagrossite would lead to the dominance of fairies, that's a bulls*** and theoretic argument I don't want to get into.

And a lot of what I said is probably counter arguable but YOLO!