• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metagross vs. Spiritomb

Which One?

• Total voters
It is true spiritomb is a good tank, but metagross can ourtun it easily and if m-gross doesn't KO it, it can hit it agian while it sets up nasty plot/calm mind.
Plus metagross is also a decent tank, so i say metagross.

DragonChamp

Proud ManaPhy Owner
I would choose Metagross, just because i train Steel Pokemon a bit.
But if i should choose about power, i choose Spiritomb

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I choose Spiritomb because it apparently has no weakness except for a pokemon using Foresight and a fight attack and for me is a really good tank.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I've got a Spiritomb. It rules. The only problem would probably be sleep clause as Spiritomb is a supporter not a sweeper like metagross who is pretty good aswell. But if you want to take out pokemon faster pick spiritomb.

aquasuicune

I've got a Spiritomb. It rules. The only problem would probably be sleep clause as Spiritomb is a supporter not a sweeper like metagross who is pretty good aswell. But if you want to take out pokemon faster pick spiritomb.

Explain how that works? Agiligross with +1 attack from meteor mash rips through hoards of stuff while spiritomb still has to rely on more passive damage like pain split and will-o-wisp.

Can we please get a mod to close this? It was made forever ago, the question has been answered, the reasons why the question is a horrible question have been posted multiple times, etc.

Keizer

The Helios
You could just pm one too_O_O

Knight_Ram

I am going to have to say Metagross since I havent trained or battled with a Spirtomb before.

Profesco

gone gently
Tough choice... I have to pick Spiritomb. OP said tournament battles, so I think Spiritomb would be more useful. Toxic, WoW, Pain Split, Protect, Nasty Plot, Spite, so many nice things about Spiritomb.

Despite its lack of weaknesses Spiritomb is rather easy to knockout. Its HP is extremely low and this makes it susceptible to powerful strikes it doesn't resist and therefore relies on status effects. If it can't hit those, it can't win, essentially. My Moltres managed to 2HKO a Spiritomb using Flamethrower in the Stargazer Colosseum of PBR (Moltres is not EV trained)

Metagross has a few weaknesses but it has the attack power to do some major damage and the defence to resist a few of the weaker, more mild Earthquakes. Metagross also gets the benefit of some powerful attacks such as its own Earthquake and Meteor Mash.

In summary, I would expect Metagross to fare better.

Kataphrut

I voted Spiritomb. But it depends on the rest of your team. If you already have a Psychic or Steel Pokemon, then choose Spiritomb and vice versa.

Keizer

The Helios
And defensive aswell, on the other hand so can spiritomb. My vote however still goes with metagross.

unown?

ghost freak
metagross is so overused. spiritomb requires more strategy and nurture to become great. if you want to get places fast, go with meta. if you feel the need to challenge yourself and test your training skills, spiritomb. personally, i am a spiritomb supporter but metagross is a popular choice.

Dusknoir08

<Insert Title Here>
although my way of fighting is to sweep everything, spiritomb has no weakness, so i chose him