• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metal Buster

Kingudora

My favourite
we know that tatetops can learn Metal Buster, which is a steel verision of counter.

now, which (old) pokemon do you think will also learn it?

i think that forretress is one on the top of the list
why? here 2 reasons:
1. Forretress can learn two retaliation moves (Bide, Counter) so it would fit with Metal Buster
2. Forretress has no steel attacks and screams "i want a Steel attack!"

Mitja

Veteran smartass
i'd say that foretress will gain some attacks from the bugworm poke which i think is the preevo of pineco
i mean it learns protect is bug has shed skin and same clasification + it looks like pineco =o

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
we know that tatetops can learn Metal Buster, which is a steel verision of counter.

now, which (old) pokemon do you think will also learn it?

i think that forretress is one on the top of the list
why? here 2 reasons:
1. Forretress can learn two retaliation moves (Bide, Counter) so it would fit with Metal Buster
2. Forretress has no steel attacks and screams "i want a Steel attack!"

Iron Defense says Hi!

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I really have doubts on Meatl Buster being a good attack. "A steel version of Counter" doesnt seem very cool to me. I mean the power of counter doesnt depend on type weaknesses/resistances....
I really hope Metal Buster has a little twist behind it.

*Ra*

The power of the sun
I really hope that Forretress learns some new moves, he is one of my favorite pokemon( if not my favorite). He really deserves some better moves.

thunderblade12

whats the point of this attack? i guess it wont hurt anything but why make it? attacks like this, counter and mirror coat arnt effected by weaknesses anyway so why make a steel version of the same attack?

lego2will

Rock/Thunder Trainer
whats the point of this attack? i guess it wont hurt anything but why make it? attacks like this, counter and mirror coat arnt effected by weaknesses anyway so why make a steel version of the same attack?

Gives an excuse to have more pokemon use it

Tytus

Iron Islander
I really have doubts on Meatl Buster being a good attack. "A steel version of Counter" doesnt seem very cool to me. I mean the power of counter doesnt depend on type weaknesses/resistances....
I really hope Metal Buster has a little twist behind it.

Well, it affects Ghost type. Could counter do that?

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I don't know. So far, the only advantage is that it affects ghosts. I bet it will have SOME twist, though.

Dreamer

living in a dream
well, of course we have mirror coat and counter, but there's also magic coat.

I don't know how different it is from mirror coat, since only very few Pokémon can learn it (spoink/grumpig being the only one by leveling up), but it could be that metal buster is like magic coat, but for physical moves instead of special moves.

jayykay

Dino Tamer
magic coat only counters status moves i think.. not sure
as for metal buster.. wouldn't it be cool if it could counter both physical AND special attacks but not by 2X but more like 1.5 or 1X..

emeraldsalamance

GOMU GOMU NO!!!!!
i thinkthat metal buster only difference is that can hit ghosts

or maybe it can reflect sp. attacks and is exactly the same, the only difference is that pokemon that cant learn magic coat can learn metal buster and it can attack dark types

Last edited: