• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip

Ahseyo

I love all kinds of metal(I love all kinds of music, but now I'm in kind of a metal swing). I mainly listen to metalcore and rapcore stuff like Killswitch Engage, P.O.D, Sonic Syndicate and HeD.... But I also love power metal and melodic death of course.

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
If you think they suck let's hear what bands you like listening to.

Well, I may not be the same guy who said Disturbed sucks, but I do concur.
Anyways, I prefer the likes of this over Disturbed. It's beautiful, yet omonious and bizzare. A work of art a good deal of people could at least have some respect for.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Anyways, I prefer the likes of this over Disturbed. It's beautiful, yet omonious and bizzare. A work of art a good deal of people could at least have some respect for.

Have you heard of Coroner? They're in the same thrashy vein of music, but I personally prefer them over Mekong Delta.

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
Have you heard of Coroner? They're in the same thrashy vein of music, but I personally prefer them over Mekong Delta.

Yes, I've heard of Coroner. I listened to the "No Colours" album first, and it was some quality thrash. :D

However, I chose this band over Mekong Delta and Coroner, that band is: Watchtower.

Best Prog Thrash I've heard since Vektor. (Not implying that Vektor came first, but I didn't know Watchtower at the time I knew Vektor, if you know what I'm mean. Also, inb4Voivodrecommendation)

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Watchtower is indeed amazing! It took me a few listens to get the hang of them, though it was worth it in the end. As for Coroner, No Colours is hardly as good as R.I.P. or Punishment for Decadence; although the latter two are more low-fi than No Colours, they are much better representations of Coroner's sound.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I think Coroner, and Prog thrash in general is pretty boring. Its like thrash with the good bits being sacrificed for technicality. I prefer thrash to have speed and agression. Id sooner take Dekapitator and Demolition Hammer over most technical/prog thrash. The only decent album that is considered tech/prog would be Alice in Hell, as I think it strikes the right balance.

What genre is the band Kamelot in? I find them progressive metal, but i'm not sure, they're a unique band! For those who dont know them:

Kamelot- March of Mephisto(music video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qdcl67H1Jw

Kamelot- Karma(live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wV4rxTqfU

They are one awesome live band!

Id call them prog power.

Mob Rules I would class as a similar sort of band you might like.

Also, Hammerfall were ok, but in recent years havent put out much worth listening to. Crimson Thunder was an awesome album though.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
uurgh, that just sounds like me being 10 again. With the Anthrax/Public Enemy colaberation, or a Hip Hop band sampling a metal track (she watches channel zero for example) as exceptions, Ive never heard the rap/metal mix work.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Kamelot is definitely a pretty kick *** band, been listening to them for awhile, didn't want to mention them cause they felt obvious. As for Hammerfall, the bands been doing bad as Hammerheart said, but not too bad. Hated their latest album though.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Kamelot is definitely a pretty kick *** band, been listening to them for awhile, didn't want to mention them cause they felt obvious. As for Hammerfall, the bands been doing bad as Hammerheart said, but not too bad. Hated their latest album though.

I concur, I did not enjoy No Sacrifice, No Victory at all either. Crimson Thunder is still kick *** though.

Bad Religion is great.

Bad Religion =/= Metal

Crobat51

Gentlemen!!!
I listen to just about every kind of metal out there now haha :p Right now im addicted to this Band called Portal is so ****ing sick and whenever i stop listening to them my ears hurt not becuase the music is too loud its because there so Brutal \m/