• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Does anybody know Buckethead? He's awesome and hits all sorts of genres (Metal being one of them)

Does anybody know Buckethead? He's awesome and hits all sorts of genres (Metal being one of them)

Buckethead is pretty interesting in basically the same way that all of the guitar virtu... whatever the plural of "virtuoso" is... of the Joe Satriani sort are. However, his back catalog, due to its huge size, is such a pain in the *** to dig through.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Buckethead is pretty interesting in basically the same way that all of the guitar virtu... whatever the plural of "virtuoso" is... of the Joe Satriani sort are. However, his back catalog, due to its huge size, is such a pain in the *** to dig through.

Lol it is tough, seeing as he has roughly 600 songs. The best CD's of his are Enter the Chicken, Symmetrical Slug, Crime Slunk Scene, and Electric Tears.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
The reason I missed both Coroner and Ihsahn was basically a combination of mood and circumstance.
Basically I was supposed to be meeting my mates before both of them, but they never turned up, so I went back to the tent to see if they were there, (which they were), and I ended up sitting down, getting a drink and some food, and when we heard them come on on on the stage, I just couldn't be bothered with them.
Which was pretty much the case for both, despite me liking both of them.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I read about that before.

I guess I saw the last ever performance of the Turilli/Staropoli era Rhapsody, which I guess is pretty cool.

But I can only see this ending badly for one or both halves of the band.
Pretty cool? Its ****ing great, you're really lucky to have witnessed it. And yeah, either the 4 that are together will have more differences pop up, or the other 3 just won't find suitable fill ins. Or worse, both of these issues pop up and they both collapse.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
^ I'll hit you up there.

Not really big on Rhapsody, but sometimes bands splitting can actually turn out great. Back in the mid-90s, Uncle Tupelo split up, half of the members forming Son Volt and the other half forming Wilco. I wouldn't say that either of the daughter groups are better than the original, but maybe things will work out for Rhapsody.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I would love if they do something crazy like have a rhapsody of fire and then a rhapsody of fire and every album is an album trying to out rhapsody the last/recent one. It would be so brilliant, everyone in the metal industry remembers what music is and thinks could become normal again. Maybe.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
made a rateyourmusic account if anyone here has one: http://rateyourmusic.com/~festeringcorpse

Added you.

I like the effort you put into your lists. Far more than my just add anything and everything type lists I have up.

Though there's one of my lists you wont see cause I set it to private, which is my collection list, which I made, before I realised there was an add to collection option. So made it private so it wasn't showing up on loads of albums pages with people thinking I'm an idiot for making a list for something they have a feature for.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/ANNIHISLATER/my_collection__currently_a_work_in_progress_

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
So what do you guys think of Dragonforce's new singer? His voice has a different sound and fits a little different in the band, but I think he'll be great.

Dragonforce Reveals New Singer

He's ok but personally i really dislike when a band changes their singer...He's the one that kind of makes the band who it is...other than the actual instrumentals, some people love metal but can't stand the singers voice.

I still prefer ZP though.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
So what do you guys think of Dragonforce's new singer? His voice has a different sound and fits a little different in the band, but I think he'll be great.

Dragonforce Reveals New Singer

That's pretty old news tbh.
He made his live debut recently.

I think he sounds fine. Not amazing, but not bad.
However I feel the issue is ZP's voice was a huge part of what I like about Dragonforce. He's not a typical power metal singer, which I think works in a strange sort of way. But the new guy sounds typically power metal, so I worry that he will make them sound sound slightly more generic than before.

Either way I look forwards to the new album, and wish him the best of luck.