• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Pale

Radiation Blues.
Hah. Reminds me of a music video I saw once, where someone had every Linkin Park song off their first CD playing at the same time, with around 7 different layers of DBZ footage.

Hah. Reminds me of a music video I saw once, where someone had every Linkin Park song off their first CD playing at the same time, with around 7 different layers of DBZ footage.
can i have a link to this? sounds awesome lol.

also i am falling in love with pallbearer, jesus this stuff is so good.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
This is usually what I point to when people ask for "the heaviest song" I've heard. The Meshuggah track is "heavy" for sure, but doesn't mean anything to me. It's just a wall of convoluted sound that seems to exist for the sole purpose of being heavy/fast. What are they expressing?

This is usually what I point to when people ask for "the heaviest song" I've heard. The Meshuggah track is "heavy" for sure, but doesn't mean anything to me. It's just a wall of convoluted sound that seems to exist for the sole purpose of being heavy/fast. What are they expressing?
see
i think it's all of the other tracks of the album smashed together, and it ****s with my head each time i listen to it.

Can't find it right this moment, It's up on http://animemusicvideos.org somewhere.
oh i need to sign up for some shitty site, interest lost. :/

also i just discovered oranssi pazuzu, am very impressed with it. em says it's psychedelic black metal but to me it's basically krautrock with some bm vocals every now and then (judging by this track anyway).

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Poll: If someone asked you for the heaviest song you have in your library, what's the first thing to come to mind? Mine is this.

Couldn't really say. I have a few death metal-y things (though I don't really listen to that genre much), so maybe one of those. I feel like a wuss saying that, at some point, it was an Agalloch tune.

Also, I updated my current list of 2012 releases and capsule reviews. I guess I'll just do that and occasionally post a notice about my having done so.

MusicMan

Fire Master
Couldn't really say. I have a few death metal-y things (though I don't really listen to that genre much), so maybe one of those. I feel like a wuss saying that, at some point, it was an Agalloch tune.

Also, I updated my current list of 2012 releases and capsule reviews. I guess I'll just do that and occasionally post a notice about my having done so.

Actually Many Heavy Song Aren't Death Metal Songs .... The Industrial Metal Music Is Really Heavy ... Rammstein , Static x ... To Me Death Metal Is Just Noise ... The Real Heavy Metal Music Is A Music To Headbanging ;)

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Nice choice, I was tempted to go for some funeral doom myself. I find Meshuggah to be more abrasive than heavy myself.

Actually Many Heavy Song Aren't Death Metal Songs .... The Industrial Metal Music Is Really Heavy ... Rammstein , Static x ... To Me Death Metal Is Just Noise ... The Real Heavy Metal Music Is A Music To Headbanging ;)

Whilst industrial can be quite heavy, to say death metal is just noise is a bit naive. Death Metal is very headbangable when done right.

MusicMan

Fire Master
Whilst industrial can be quite heavy, to say death metal is just noise is a bit naive. Death Metal is very headbangable when done right.

Yes Good Death Metal Can Be Great .. Bands Like Death ... Good Death Metal Is Good But You Know It Has Limit In Its Creativity, Im Listening Metal From The Day I Was Born My Dad Is A Metalhead ... And Its Just The Way I Think You Know :) ...

MusicMan

Fire Master
It's funny really, Death the band are one of the few death metal bands that I still don't really like all that much. I don't know why it is, but they just leave me cold.

I Don't Really Listen To Them A Lot.. I Listen To Power Metal more Than Anything ...

MusicMan

Fire Master
What sort, the more traditional sort of stuff like Omen, Jag Panzer etc? or the more recent Europien trend with the likes of Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody etc?

My Favorite Is Europian ... Hammerfall,Helloween,Gamma Ray,Blind Guardian ... Edguy And Sonata Arctica Are Not My Favorite But I Listen To Them As Well... There Is One Band I Really Love From America But I Don't KNow Do They Count As Power Or As heavy... MANOWAR Hail! Iced Earth Is My Fave Too :)

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
speaking of power metal,
luca turrili's new album comes out today!!! :D rhapsody to be more precise (with the "luca turrili's" in the beginning for the legal reasons lol)
i actually haven't listened to it yet lol although i love him. waiting until i go out and buy the album tomorrow
the single from the album Dark Fate of Atlantis was great so I'm excited to listen to the whole thing

Last edited:
i'm rather picky with funeral doom.

that disEMBOWELMENT song i posted is my favourite of funeral doom though. well maybe not my single favourite song but my single favourite album.

i need to listen to Skepticism more to reach a final verdict but Stormcrowfleet and just about any Esoteric album would probably round out my top 3.

i don't like Ahab.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
speaking of power metal,
luca turrili's new album comes out today!!! :D rhapsody to be more precise (with the "luca turrili's" in the beginning for the legal reasons lol)
i actually haven't listened to it yet lol although i love him. waiting until i go out and buy the album tomorrow
the single from the album Dark Fate of Atlantis was great so I'm excited to listen to the whole thing
I actually just listened to it today. I didn't think Dark Fate of Atlantis was all that great to be honest, but it works better in the context of the whole album. I think it's actually surprisingly good too, a real return to form, it's got balls as well as being epic.

As for Funeral Doom I think that I think I like it more than I do. Skepticism, Ea, Urna, Esoteric and Colosseum are the only bands I can think I really like.

I'd forgotten about Urna though, not played them for a while.
[video=youtube;8gEtkUhpWos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEtkUhpWos[/video]

Pale

Radiation Blues.

Neither of the bands listed are industrial metal, however. And saying that you need to be able to headbang to something in order for it to be heavy is incredibly wrong. Sunn O)) is a band I'd list as heavier than most anything I've heard, but you'd never be able to headbang to it.