• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I think it might be something to do with AEO being a bit dull. I liked it on first listen, but it had no real staying power. And I'm not huge on their sort of prog metal at the moment.
I'm sure I'll get round to it soon, but for now I've got the new Winterfylleth, Khors, Germ, DTP, Masta Buildas, The Beat Poets, plus in the post are new albums from Swans, Jana Kramer and Son of Saturn to be getting on with. It's been a busy month for new music for me haha.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I listen to a little bit of Metallica and Nightwish (a far stretch from the classical music I play)

Nightwish is great. They were the first metal band I ever listened to.

i've still been mostly listening to folk punk but i'm discovering Dystopia after skipping them when first getting into sludge. listening to Human = Garbage when you're in the right state of mind is one of the most profound experiences i've had in music, at risk of sounding pretentious.

[video=youtube;agjf_QK4I9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agjf_QK4I9o[/video]

NO ONE WILL LOVE ME LIKE I LOVE ME

Entombed vibe? really? i mean Entombed were always punky as hell but still. maybe a bit in the riff style...

they don't really "predate" Entombed but they started releasing their material (first thing was a '92 demo) around the time Left Hand Path came out. Dino (their drummer) always seemed to be more into metal than the others, given he's done stuff for bands like Wolves In the Throne Room and Asunder...

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I wouldn't call myself a metalhead but I like metal. I play the guitar and play the metal genre and try to stick with stuff like Lamb of God, Pantera, All That Remains, and some of Metallica's really old school stuff.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Entombed vibe? really? i mean Entombed were always punky as hell but still. maybe a bit in the riff style...
Could be the riffs, and just the punky vibe. I don't know, it's hard for me to put my finger on.

dordeduh is quite good. it's some members of negură bunget's new band.
I wonder if they realise how silly their name/album sounds in English? Dordeduh, Dar De Duh, it sounds like someone taking the mick of someone for being thick.

Music isn't bad, but it's not wowing me.

it sounds a touch silly but i quite liked the album.

also i randomly stumbled upon this punk band, fate, today. since evan is seemingly on a punk binge i figured i'd leave it here since i actually quite liked it.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Idk if you guys care at all for *cough* cheesey *cough* symphonic metal but it seems like Nightwish again will be searching for a new vocalist after the group decided for some reason that Anette Olzon will be leaving the band.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I don't listen to Nightwish so I don't really care lol. No offense. I like thrash metal, melodic death metal, groove metal, heavy metal, some metalcore, etc.

you don't have to listen to nightwish to know; i have no idea what happened and i listen to them (albeit not for some time). :p i believe floor jansen (ex-after forever) is covering for her atm.

edit: have some good doom/stoner in the form of orchid.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
So uh....

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet, but who here has listened to Gojira's latest album, L'enfaunt Sauvage?
So far I have gotten to listen to two songs, the albums namesake song (my favorite) and Explosia (it was meh).

And lately I have gotten into Melodic Death Metal, in particular, Scar Symmetry. especially their older material with Christian Älvestam. the two new guys can't make up for the brilliance he brought to the brand. too bad he left.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
From what I understood she had to go to the hospital, and the band was like "screw you" and did the show anyways with another singer, or something. I don't listen to Nightwish so I don't really know.

You mean Tuomas expects the singer to obey his demands carefully? Shock and awe! But at least they got a decent sub for the rest of the tour, since After Forever had some decent albums for that genre.

(I don't really have anything to contribute re: Gojira or melodic death metal, so)

i don't like Nightwish but from my understanding the split was in mutual agreement. apparently they've had several guest singers for the tour, not just the After Forever chick too.

whatever happened to that movie they started working on a few years ago? i always thought it was pretty much guaranteed to be awful and i've waited for it to come out so i could laugh at it, lel.
So uh....

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet, but who here has listened to Gojira's latest album, L'enfaunt Sauvage?
So far I have gotten to listen to two songs, the albums namesake song (my favorite) and Explosia (it was meh).

And lately I have gotten into Melodic Death Metal, in particular, Scar Symmetry. especially their older material with Christian Älvestam. the two new guys can't make up for the he brought to the brand. too bad he left.
i think the only one who likes Gojira itt is dion/palingstupdnameican'tspell though i have a soft spot for Terra Incognita.

as far as melodic death metal goes i for the most part can't stand In Flames and **** but here's some old school death metal that has lots of melody/influenced melodeath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FqMmHyyuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3pysHEfI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHXDPhNb1q0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOY9RPRm6Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZcl9sttyY

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
i don't like Nightwish but from my understanding the split was in mutual agreement.

As far as I know... yes. I'd both forgotten and love making fun of them all whenever I get the chance.

whatever happened to that movie they started working on a few years ago? i always thought it was pretty much guaranteed to be awful and i've waited for it to come out so i could laugh at it, lel.

Short attention span? I'm going with that. (or perhaps not)

But more and more, an entire film based around one Nightwish album seems like an extraordinarily psychotic idea because of how scattershot it would be. It would be like watching a clip show of the inner workings of Siouxsie's brain after liberally mixed through a metal filter, stirring in a few D&D (ehhhh), or possibly Exalted (potentially way cooler) rulebooks, and becoming devoid of personality. Unless I desperately missed the point about Imaginaerum is, in fact, a concept album detailing a journey through the land of Legend of Mana -- maybe they're going to become a non-animated version of Gorillaz or something...