• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Best album I've ruined thanks to a leak. Greatest ****ing piece of work Blind Guardian's got. Winamp strangely starts it off with ride into obsession, but to be honest I'm glad. I'm posting this in spoilers for those who don't want any spoils of it but....
9 seconds. 9 ****ing seconds of blissful guitar+drums until they start singing. Seriously, it feels like nothing happened and you hear Kursch's vocals going at it.
I'm not saying anything else, listen for yourselves to judge, but its such a ****ing great return after there last 2-3 studio albums.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Lately I've started getting into a lot Doom/Sludge metal, Saint Vitus, Type O Negative, Pentagram, Trouble & The Melvins. Can anyone recommend some other great bands in the genre for me?
Harvey Milk obviously. I suppose Neurosis, as well, although then you're starting to get into atmospheric sludge. You'd probably dig Eyehategod and Grief.

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
Well, this might take a while, and I'll divide into sub - genres to be specific.

Death Metal
Death
Cynic
Morbid Angel
Dismember
General Surgery
Necrophagist
Obscura
Amon Amarth
Aeon
Behemoth
Belphagor
Nile
Lykathea Aflame
Hour of Penance
Fleshgod Apocalypse
The Faceless
The Black Dahlia Murder
At the Gates
Eurcharist
Portal (Aus)
Frightmare
Blood Freak
Impaled
Carcass
Dark Tranquility
(Older, and some New) In Flames
Incantation
The Chasm
Novermber's Doom
October Tide
Hate Eternal
Scar Symmetry
Edge of Sanity
Opeth
Infestdead
!T.O.O.H!
Heironymous Botch
Cryptopsy
Gates of Isthar
Arsis
Acid Witch
Krisiun
Anata
Spawn of Possession
Suffocation
Decrepit Birth
Crimson Moonlight
Truppensturm
Master
Severe Torture
Pestilence
Ripping Corpse
Asphyx
Bolt Thrower
Hail of Bullets
Gojira
Sculptured
Orgone
Brutality
Amogh Symphony
Wombbath
Pitbulls in the Nursery
Terminal Function
Intestine Baalism
Neglected Fields
Dan Swano
Impetious Ritual
Vuvr
Phlebotomtized
Nominon
Severed Savior
Funebre
God Macabre
Macabre
Seance
Deicide
Igvnivomous
Funbrarum
Nocturnus
Infester
Timeghoul
Demilich
Sickening Horror
Man Must Die
Abysmal Torment
Gorguts
Akercocke
Cephalic Carnage
and much, much more...

Black Metal
Immortal
Burzum
Mayhem
Negura Bunget
Drudkh
Wolves in the Throne Room
Bathory
Nokturnal Mortum
Wigrid
Transcending Bizzare?
Blud Aus Nort
Marduk
Abgott
Antestor
Archgoat
Gris
Sombres Foret
Miserere Luminis
Black Witchery
Satanic Warmaster
Dark Funeral
Ulver
Borknagor
Arcturus
Lunaris
Mirrorthrone
Unholy Matrimony
Gorgoroth
Sigh
Deep Mountains
Drottnar
Darkthrone
Kvelertak
Ved Buens Ende
Shroud of Despondency
Skagos
Satyricon
Keep of Kalessin
Dissection
Bethlehem
Shining
Silencer
Ondskapt
Turulver
Infernal War
Leviathan
Xasthur
Judas Iscariot
Altar of Plagues
Alcest
Cormorant
Walknut
Ragnarok (Nor)
Tymah/Tuman
Geist
Kathaarsys
...and much, much more.

Thrash Metal
Megadeth
Vektor
Watchtower
Atheist
Metallica
Toxik
Lich King
Artillery
Slayer
Sodom
Sadus
Metal Church
Absu
Destoyer 666
Melechesh
Skeletonwitch
Repugnant
Talaymus
Razor of Occam
Venom
Possessed
Amebix
Celtic Frost
D.R.I.
Voviod
Death Angel
Dark Angel
Heathen
Blind Illusion
Holy Terror
...and much, much more.

Heavy/Traditional Metal
Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
Dio
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Judas Preist
Gates of Slumber
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Fates Warning
..And there's not much to say about regular metal for me. I may be forgeting someone, and it isn't W.A.S.P.

Doom Metal/Sludge Metal/The Rest
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
High on Fire
Mastodon
Baroness
Evoken
Nortt
Esoteric
Swallow the Sun
Draconian
A Storm of Light
Neurosis
Sleep
OM
Electric Wizard
Kekal
Between the Buried and Me
Intronaut
Animals as Leaders
Exivious
Dream Theater
Sunn O)))
Earth
Saint Vitus
...and much, much more.

Well that about sums it up. Someone ironic for a pokemon fourm, though.

glox

\m/(-.-)\m/

rock on

ADTR is one of my favs yet, not metal tho entirely

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Ah someone who likes good metal. lets hope you stick along longer than some of the other metal fans who come and go.

Well, this might take a while, and I'll divide into sub - genres to be specific.

Death Metal
Cynic
Morbid Angel
Necrophagist
Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Nile
At the Gates
The Chasm
Opeth
Nocturnus

I'm not the biggest death metal fan, but I sort of trimmed away the ones I don't really like/don't listen to.
Im really digging The Chasm's newest album. I had it on my way home yesterday.
Ever listened to Electrocution? Inside the Unreal is one of the best death metal albums Ive heard.
I also noticed No Massacre or Atheist.

Black Metal
Burzum
Drudkh
Wolves in the Throne Room
Bathory
Nokturnal Mortum
Ulver
Borknagor
Darkthrone
Satyricon
Altar of Plagues
Alcest
Walknut
Some good bands there. Drudkh are one of my favorite bands at the moment. I actually got Ulvers Shadows of the sun for a fiver today.
Im really liking Nokturnal Mortums newest at the moment too, Ukraine is a rather epic track.
A few omission's that if you don't listen, I think you should.
Wodensthrone, Hate Forest, Winterfylleth, Old Corpse Road, Fyrdsman, Askival, Les Discrets, Vostok, Haar, Cnoc An Tursa oh and a band I know called Woodith Ole ;) ,

Thrash Metal
Megadeth
Vektor
Atheist
Metallica
Slayer
Sodom
Absu
Venom
Death Angel
Heathen
Blind Illusion
...and much, much more.
Alright, but Dekapitator are better than every band on this list. And Antagonist's Self title EP is rather good too.

Heavy/Traditional Metal
Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
Dio
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Judas Preist
Gates of Slumber
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Fates Warning
..And there's not much to say about regular metal for me. I may be forgeting someone, and it isn't W.A.S.P.
never got into Mercyfull fate/King Diamond much.

I would really recommend Black Knight, Isen Torr, Angel Witch and Witchfinder General.

Doom Metal/Sludge Metal/The Rest
Swallow the Sun
OM
Electric Wizard
Animals as Leaders
Exivious
Dream Theater
Sunn O)))
Saint Vitus
...and much, much more.
Needs a bit of Warning, Reverend Bizarre, While heaven Wept, Pentagram, Moss and Blood Ceremony, but some pretty good bands.

Sorry if it seems like im picking it apart, im not. I just felt it was better to respond to your post that way, rtaher than just say, 'oh cool' when you've clearly gone to a fair bit of effort.

Last edited:

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
Ah someone who likes good metal. lets hope you stick along longer than some of the other metal fans who come and go.

I'm new to these fourms, so I'll stick around and see what this place offers, so far, I'm impressed by the amount of metalhead here (despite the nu metal/hardcore fans, but it's okay, they'll probably move on to different bands like I did.). :)

I'm not the biggest death metal fan, but I sort of trimmed away the ones I don't really like/don't listen to.
Im really digging The Chasm's newest album. I had it on my way home yesterday.
Ever listened to Electrocution? Inside the Unreal is one of the best death metal albums Ive heard.
I also noticed No Massacre or Atheist.

Do they still have any of the latest album left? I heard they limited it to 500 copies, which is, undenibly, a huge pain in the ***.

I've heard of Electrocution from the Metal-Archives a long time ago, but I never came around to listening to them. I have a shitton of old school death metal already in my lists, plus many other genres. I hate keeping track of it all, so I tend to avoid many new bands I find unless they're something omnipotently awesome. Such as Cynic.

I put Atheist in the Thrash Metal section because, well, I consider them Thrash at core, but with Progressive/Jazz/Death metal influences. :p

Massacre is meh, I'd rather listen to Death. Maybe I'm not listening to the right songs on their debut.

Some good bands there. Drudkh are one of my favorite bands at the moment. I actually got Ulvers Shadows of the sun for a fiver today.
Im really liking Nokturnal Mortums newest at the moment too, Ukraine is a rather epic track.
A few omission's that if you don't listen, I think you should.
Wodensthrone, Hate Forest, Winterfylleth, Old Corpse Road, Fyrdsman, Askival, Les Discrets, Vostok, Haar, Cnoc An Tursa oh and a band I know called Woodith Ole ;) ,

Wodensthrone: Wodensthrone is a band I've been neglecting lately, I lurve WITTR, so I lurve Wodensthrone as well, but my black metal vibe has been off lately since it's summer. I like playing black metal and funeral doom during fall and winter. Sets an oh-so orgasmic mood for the music.

Hate Forest: Haven't really tried Hate Forest, but I know some members of Nokturnal Mortum where part of that band. If Hate Forest has anything that sounds like Goat Horns, or The Voice of Steel

Winterfylleth: Like Hate Forest, I've heard of this band. Never bothered to listen for reason mentioned above.

Vostok/Haar/Cnoc An Tursa/Les Discrets: Never heard 'em. Except for Les Discrets, but I have nothing to say about that band.

Woodith Ole: That's a ****ing awesome name.

Askival: Great folk metal, and it's even more amazing knowing it's pulled off by just one guy. Although, I heard he had some trouble with his clean vocals, and that it was caused by accidently consuming bubble bath soap, but I think that's just trolls trollin'.

Alright, but Dekapitator are better than every band on this list. And Antagonist's Self title EP is rather good too.

never got into Mercyful fate/King Diamond much.

I would really recommend Black Knight, Isen Torr, Angel Witch and Witchfinder General.

I'm more of fan of the Technical/Progressive thrash which is why I don't really bother with Death/Thrash bands such as Dekapitator. Bands like that never seem to offer nothing new to the table, but I could be wrong.

If you want to get into King Diamond, I'd recommend the albums "Them", Voodoo, and Abigail. Those are his masterpieces, and they certainly won't disappoint of you're into Trad. heavy metal. ;)

I've heard of Angel Witch and Witchfinder General, not too familiar with Isen Torr and Black knight though.

Needs a bit of Warning, Reverend Bizarre, While heaven Wept, Pentagram, Moss and Blood Ceremony, but some pretty good bands.

Like I said before, I have a hard time keeping track of all the bands I'm into, so I tend to forget. I can't believe I forget freakin' Candlemass and Pentagram. Some one slap me for my inconvience.

Moss, Reverend Bizarre, and Blood Cermony aren't bands I'm familiar with. While Heave Wept and Warning are great bands that I shun too often. :/

Sorry if it seems like im picking it apart, im not. I just felt it was better to respond to your post that way, rtaher than just say, 'oh cool' when you've clearly gone to a fair bit of effort.

And I thank you for putting in effort, instead of using small talk. So many people I speak to can't managing one sentence out of their mouth regardless of topic and wonder why I don't talk them the next day. Small talk is okay everyonce in a while though, but it's good to at least try to make an effort form more than 3 words replies.

P.S. Do you play an instrument(s)?

dddevious

Black Metal
Antestor
Drottnar

Weird seeing someone who likes unblack bands. I sometimes collect stuff like that, more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. There's actually quite a few unblack bands out there that are surprisingly good (Lengsel's first album, Evroklidon, Erasmus etc.), shame that their religious slant ruins it.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
curious

I've been listening to Liquid Metal on my moms XM radio looking for good workout music. I usually like the hardcore tones and grunts that Heavy metal has to offer.
Anybody know of some good metal to pump iron to?

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
Weird seeing someone who likes unblack bands. I sometimes collect stuff like that, more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. There's actually quite a few unblack bands out there that are surprisingly good (Lengsel's first album, Evroklidon, Erasmus etc.), shame that their religious slant ruins it.

I don't really care for what the band's religion is, as long as it sounds great. (Also you forgot to mention Crimson Moonlight from my list if you know them, it's also a christian metal.)

Antestor is a great 'black' metal band. Despite the corny jesus-freak lyrics, the music is grand, and better than a good deal of those sterotypical 'rawr rawr satan fist mary's **** roar blasturbate rawr' bands giving us a bad name. Antestor is over all a great experience, but they can never top Dissection.

Drottnar doesn't talk about christianity anymore, I believe. They've switched over to some philosophy stuff when they released their debut album. Good choice in my opinion, makes the lyrics a little easier to read.

Lengsel? Evroklidon? Erasmus? I thought I might be the only one here who knew anything about the metal underground scene, and talk about being completely wrong, I don't have the faintest idea who those bands are! :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO THE GUY WHO WANTED WORK OUT MUSIC

Necrophagist is always a jolt of energy when ever I feel like running, and for lifting weights, go with Thrash Metal or some Grind(<----ATATATATATATATATATATA).

Zenotwapal said:
Anybody know of some good metal to pump iron to?
Forbidden
Coroner
Demolition Hammer
Morbid Saint

Try those if you want something energetic I guess.

EDIT: Eh, I feel like really plugging some stuff right now.

Sadus
Rigor Mortis
Atrophy
Sabbat

Also, I've been liking death/thrash and early death metal bands (Scream Bloody Gore era Death, early Obituary, etc) lately. Somebody plug me something a bit more obscure from that area.

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Id like to apologise in advance to everyone else not interested for the amount of scrolling youll have to do :p

Ill try and link a youtube track on most things I mentioned if you fancy checking them out.
Do they still have any of the latest album left? I heard they limited it to 500 copies, which is, undenibly, a huge pain in the ***.

They have reissued it with a difforent artwork as far as I can tell.
this is the artwork mine came with
http://www.enterthedeathcult.com/Images/2009/farseeing_the_Paranormal_a_.jpg
Which isnt the same as the more widely known one. It was a pain to track down though.

I've heard of Electrocution from the Metal-Archives a long time ago, but I never came around to listening to them.
I would recommend Inside the Unreal. I'm not a huge fan of Death metal on the whole, but this genuinely impressed me.

Massacre is meh, I'd rather listen to Death. Maybe I'm not listening to the right songs on their debut.
They do seem rather a Marmite band, I really like them but my mate who is big on his death metal reall finds them boring. But then again, I find Death boring.

And as an aside note, ever listened to Messiah?

Wodensthrone: Wodensthrone is a band I've been neglecting lately, I lurve WITTR, so I lurve Wodensthrone as well, but my black metal vibe has been off lately since it's summer. I like playing black metal and funeral doom during fall and winter. Sets an oh-so orgasmic mood for the music.

I know what you mean, like I havent listened to Coldworld since april. It just hasnt felt right for it. I tend to listen to a lot more power metal come summer.

Hate Forest: Haven't really tried Hate Forest, but I know some members of Nokturnal Mortum where part of that band. If Hate Forest has anything that sounds like Goat Horns, or The Voice of Steel
I think half the Ukrainian black metal scene have been in Hate Forest. I dont think they have much in common with NM. But I would reccomend trying the Battlefields album. One of the best black metal albums ever. There are a few folk song interludes, but the 3 tracks are incredible. It has a sort of militristic feel to it, its just really really good.

Winterfylleth: Like Hate Forest, I've heard of this band. Never bothered to listen for reason mentioned above.
I would also recommend them. They had a new album out like a week ago, which is rather good. Though at the moment, I prefer the début song wise, but the production wasn't as good. But I think that's cause half the band were in Atavist, so it had a bit of a sludgy doomy production. But i suppose it was different.

Vostok/Haar/Cnoc An Tursa/Les Discrets: Never heard 'em. Except for Les Discrets, but I have nothing to say about that band.
The first 3 are Scottish bands, and rather good too. Vostok and Haar ony have EP's out, and Cnoc an Tursa only have a few demo's, but they should have a début album out soon on Lone Vigil records, (created by Chris of Winterfylleth interestingly)

Woodith Ole: That's a ****ing awesome name.
Cheers, thats my band/project. Ill put a link at the end ;)

Askival: Great folk metal, and it's even more amazing knowing it's pulled off by just one guy. Although, I heard he had some trouble with his clean vocals, and that it was caused by accidently consuming bubble bath soap, but I think that's just trolls trollin'.
Yeah, such a shame he jacked it in. But I wouldn't believe half the things you here about the band. It seems he mates like making stuff up. lol

I'm more of fan of the Technical/Progressive thrash which is why I don't really bother with Death/Thrash bands such as Dekapitator. Bands like that never seem to offer nothing new to the table, but I could be wrong.
I think the storm before the calm is like the peak for thrash, i don't think that album could be bettered. But if its not you thing then fair enough.

If you want to get into King Diamond, I'd recommend the albums "Them", Voodoo, and Abigail. Those are his masterpieces, and they certainly won't disappoint of you're into Trad. heavy metal. ;)

I've heard of Angel Witch and Witchfinder General, not too familiar with Isen Torr and Black knight though.

Isen torr only had one EP, but the singer Died, so I dont know if they are still active. And Black Knight are great. They arent around anymore, but there music is really good fun.

Moss, Reverend Bizarre, and Blood Cermony aren't bands I'm familiar with. While Heave Wept and Warning are great bands that I shun too often. :/

Watching form a distence is my personal favorite doom album. I cant praise it enough.

Moss are bit like Sunn O))) if they were more doom metal, Reverend Bizzare are one of the best trad doom bands ever, and , or sort of psychedelic doom.

P.S. Do you play an instrument(s)?

Yeah, as I mentioned before, Woodith Ole is my project.
I've played Guitar baout 8 years, but im a not as good as that statement would suggest lol.
I play a bit of tin whistle.
And a little bit of keyboards.

here's the mysapce [url]http://www.myspace.com/woodithole
Let me know what you think. the first two tracks are still works in progress. but Im happy with how they are sounding.

Edit: In the 40 minutes that took I missed your post

Also, I've been liking death/thrash and early death metal bands (Scream Bloody Gore era Death, early Obituary, etc) lately. Somebody plug me something a bit more obscure from that area.
Electrocution - Inside the Unreal
Messiah - Choir of Horrors
Immortalis - Indicium de Mortuis
Massacre - From Beyond
Nocturnus - The Key

Last edited:

dddevious

I don't really care for what the band's religion is, as long as it sounds great. (Also you forgot to mention Crimson Moonlight from my list if you know them, it's also a christian metal.)

Antestor is a great 'black' metal band. Despite the corny jesus-freak lyrics, the music is grand, and better than a good deal of those sterotypical 'rawr rawr satan fist mary's **** roar blasturbate rawr' bands giving us a bad name. Antestor is over all a great experience, but they can never top Dissection.

Drottnar doesn't talk about christianity anymore, I believe. They've switched over to some philosophy stuff when they released their debut album. Good choice in my opinion, makes the lyrics a little easier to read.

Lengsel? Evroklidon? Erasmus? I thought I might be the only one here who knew anything about the metal underground scene, and talk about being completely wrong, I don't have the faintest idea who those bands are! :lol:

Haha, those three band I mentioned are pretty obscure. Lengsel is a side-project of two of the guys from Extol I think though, so they have some claim to fame. Their second album is garbage, but their debut is excellent and avoids the typical unblack pitfall of trying to convert people rather than making good music. I highly recommend them.

Erasmus is basically just some really good depressive unblack which craps on most of the stuff in the SDBM scene nowadays.

Evroklidon is basically takes the average sort of Scandinavian black metal sound and replicates it quite well, adding in some folky stuff as well. They're extremely solid. And as for Drottnar, I still tend to treat them as unblack seeing that they're signed to Endtime Productions, which pretty much exclusively releases Christian metal. I know of Crimson Moonlight too, I think I just failed to spot them in your list :p.

And eh, each to their own if the lyrical subject doesn't bother you when it comes to Christian metal. The ratio of musically good bands to bad bands isn't really any different in unblack than it is to good old secular black metal I suppose. I'm not sure what you mean by average secular black metal bands giving us a bad name though. Notoriety can be a wonderful thing in any case.

Electrocution - Inside the Unreal
Messiah - Choir of Horrors
Immortalis - Indicium de Mortuis
Massacre - From Beyond
Nocturnus - The Key
ty. Heard of Nocturnus, Massacre, and Messiah before but never listened to.

Anyone listened to Blind Illusion's new album? Don't have my computer so I haven't been able to download it, but it supposedly sucks.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Actually, by reading this thread, just now I'm taken a liking to Carcass's Heartwork Album. Maybe I should look at some more of their work....

Oh, and anoynamousguy, that album cover for Leng Tch'e is disturbingly cool looking.

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
Id like to apologise in advance to everyone else not interested for the amount of scrolling youll have to do :p

Ill try and link a youtube track on most things I mentioned if you fancy checking them out.

I bet they're enjoying the finger exercsise. XD

They have reissued it with a difforent artwork as far as I can tell.
this is the artwork mine came with
http://www.enterthedeathcult.com/Images/2009/farseeing_the_Paranormal_a_.jpg
Which isnt the same as the more widely known one. It was a pain to track down though.

Whoa, that's awesome album art. I love when a band actually makes an effort to get some decent artwork. Rather than, well y'know...

In about ten years, I can see that being a collecter's item. Like Bathory's Yellow Goat, but probably not as rare.

I would recommend Inside the Unreal. I'm not a huge fan of Death metal on the whole, but this genuinely impressed me.

It'll be added to today's playlist. I'll tell you want I think along with the other tracks. :)

They do seem rather a Marmite band, I really like them but my mate who is big on his death metal reall finds them boring. But then again, I find Death boring.

And as an aside note, ever listened to Messiah?

Wait, you have a strong liking for Death, yet you find it boring? Ahaha. XD
S'okay though, I think I know what you mean. :p but before you call death boring, you must hear Cosmic Sea.

Messiah? Messiah.... Messiah! Messiah.

Not actually, but I looked them up and saw a polar bear, so they have my attention. Added to today's playlist. :D I'll tell you what I think.

I know what you mean, like I havent listened to Coldworld since april. It just hasnt felt right for it. I tend to listen to a lot more power metal come summer.

Same here, I just started listening to Jag Panzer yesterday. XD

I think half the Ukrainian black metal scene have been in Hate Forest. I dont think they have much in common with NM. But I would reccomend trying the Battlefields album. One of the best black metal albums ever. There are a few folk song interludes, but the 3 tracks are incredible. It has a sort of militristic feel to it, its just really really good.
Added to today's playlist again. I'll pick two long ones and a folky interlude.

Speaking of folk, can't go wrong with Agalloch. :D

I would also recommend them. They had a new album out like a week ago, which is rather good. Though at the moment, I prefer the début song wise, but the production wasn't as good. But I think that's cause half the band were in Atavist, so it had a bit of a sludgy doomy production. But i suppose it was different.

Added to playlist.

The first 3 are Scottish bands, and rather good too. Vostok and Haar ony have EP's out, and Cnoc an Tursa only have a few demo's, but they should have a début album out soon on Lone Vigil records, (created by Chris of Winterfylleth interestingly)

I'll have to play these guys some other time, my playlist is getting full. D:

Cheers, thats my band/project. Ill put a link at the end ;)
Wow, that's awesome! Great name as well, and You're a one man band? I'm jealous.

Yeah, such a shame he jacked it in. But I wouldn't believe half the things you here about the band. It seems he mates like making stuff up. lol

I don't know what the guy did to get everyone on him, but whatever it is it's probably not a good reason to troll.

I think the storm before the calm is like the peak for thrash, i don't think that album could be bettered. But if its not you thing then fair enough.

I'll add them to my now crammed playlist. I do have place in my heart for the old school, but I love when a band experiments more. Hence why I like bands such as Vektor, Mekong Delta, Atheist, Morgana Lefay, and Watchtower. They're not just your average thrash; they go above and beyond that and reach new levels. Have you heard classical and thrash metal thrown together like this? It's damned amazing!.

Isen torr only had one EP, but the singer Died, so I dont know if they are still active. And Black Knight are great. They arent around anymore, but there music is really good fun.

It's such a shame that there's so many musicians that died in this past two years. We lost Peter Steele, Dio, Don "Lord Stomache" Decker, and many more. May they R.I.P.

Watching form a distence is my personal favorite doom album. I cant praise it enough.

Moss are bit like Sunn O))) if they were more doom metal, Reverend Bizzare are one of the best trad doom bands ever, and Blood Ceremony, or sort of psychedelic doom.

I'll have to fit these guys in some other time. I like the look of Moss though, so I threw them in as the last recommendation for today. Thanks.

Yeah, as I mentioned before, Woodith Ole is my project.
I've played Guitar baout 8 years, but im a not as good as that statement would suggest lol.
I play a bit of tin whistle.
And a little bit of keyboards.

here's the mysapce http://www.myspace.com/woodithole
Let me know what you think. the first two tracks are still works in progress. but Im happy with how they are sounding.

I'm checking it out now I have to say it's...great atmospheric metal!
They keyboards fit in nicely and complement the music, and the guitars are very nice. I don't hear any bass, but it's not too much of a problem considering the genre. Drumming is simple but effective, and speaking of which, is the drumming programmed or are you playing it?

Unrelated, but if you're interested in what other stuff I'm into, have a look at my Last.fm.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
AnonymousGuy, I see no mention of Boris in your post.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Wait, you have a strong liking for Death, yet you find it boring? Ahaha. XD
S'okay though, I think I know what you mean. :p but before you call death boring, you must hear Cosmic Sea.

Ive tried the band numerous times, and form difforent era's. and it just doesnt sit with me for some reason.

Speaking of folk, can't go wrong with Agalloch. :D

I love folk metal, but I never saw the fuss with these guys, untill I started to get into Neo Folk like Death in June. It made more sense then. Im also a lover of propper folk music too.

I'll have to fit these guys in some other time. I like the look of Moss though, so I threw them in as the last recommendation for today. Thanks.

Wow, that's awesome! Great name as well, and You're a one man band? I'm jealous.

I'm checking it out now I have to say it's...great atmospheric metal!
They keyboards fit in nicely and complement the music, and the guitars are very nice. I don't hear any bass, but it's not too much of a problem considering the genre. Drumming is simple but effective, and speaking of which, is the drumming programmed or are you playing it?

Unrelated, but if you're interested in what other stuff I'm into, have a look at my Last.fm.

Yep Just me. Like I say, a few friends sort of 'proof listen' as it were and suggest improvements. But yeah, just me.

There is bass, but its a virtual bass, so its not very real sounding. Im hoping to borrow one of a friend at some point.

The Drums are EZ Drummer, so programmed. Track called I is a Drudkh influence with the drums, and II is a Primordial influence the drums.

But thankyou for you kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Also, I added you on last.fm