• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I think he is just 'standing in' for A7X.

I just found out swans are playing Manchester, Omniscience also arrived today, all in all a good swans related day.

I'm just wondering where to go next with them though. I'm thinking The Great Annihilator? Is it any good?

DragonDance

thrasher
I am sorry but some American metal bands suck. For example Disturbed and Linkin Park are just bad. I prefer listening to European metal bands like Sonata Artica and Hammerfall. I do like Avenged Sevenfold and TOOL too.

On I side note I also like Techno =)

Well,

it appears that somebody is new.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So, today my senses for what to listen to has been out of tune. I can't listen to blind guardian, but Alice cooper is staying stuck in my head. Anyone wanna help me find something similar to him so I can just let this phase go?

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Not really; I never found System of a Down interesting, even in my nu metal phase. I suppose it's a good thing for all those people who wouldn't leave the band members or their solo projects alone with the "BRING BACK SOAD!!!!!" comments. But, as I said, I never saw what was so interesting about System of a Down.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not really; I never found System of a Down interesting, even in my nu metal phase. I suppose it's a good thing for all those people who wouldn't leave the band members or their solo projects alone with the "BRING BACK SOAD!!!!!" comments. But, as I said, I never saw what was so interesting about System of a Down.
They do have some good qualities, if you're just looking to listen to something off the wall and you feel a bit chaotic, they're good. I mean, its what I do.
Check out W.A.S.P., they're in the same shock-rock vein as Alice Cooper, albeit sometimes a little more extreme:

"The Hellion"
"Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)
"The Heretic (The Lost Child)"
"Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)"

Their debut album was pretty much just pure aggression and sex, while they later moved on to more "epic" style concept albums. I put two songs that somewhat represent each of their styles.
Mmm definitely loving this. I might just give up metal a bit to get into shock rock....

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Yeah, W.A.S.P. is great stuff...they're the only shock band I like, as I'm not a big fan of that image. I wouldn't say you're giving up metal, though, as you can make an easy case for them being a metal band. Definitely heavier and better than the bands classified as their peers (Poison, Cinderella). They look like a hair band, but they're so much more.

Frygon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intronaut is in the same vein as those post-metal bands. Sorta like Isis and Pelican but heavier with very deep vocals. If you claim to enjoy metal music at all, they are definitely and band you should check out.

http://www.myspace.com/intronaut

RIYL: Century, Zozobra, Mouth of the Arcitect

DragonDance

thrasher
Intronaut is in the same vein as those post-metal bands. Sorta like Isis and Pelican but heavier with very deep vocals. If you claim to enjoy metal music at all, they are definitely and band you should check out.

http://www.myspace.com/intronaut

RIYL: Century, Zozobra, Mouth of the Arcitect

So basically, hipster trash that should be avoided at all costs?

k. Thanks for the heads up.