• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Awesome! Never seen them live myself but I have the EP.
And agreed ;) met the drummer in person at a drum exam for my brother and I certainly agree with your assessment.

Atreus

That's what she said
Bands: Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Going to see Bob Dylan in October when he passes through UNCC in October. Surprisingly enough, the tickets were fairly cheap for someone of such stature in the music industry. Looking at some of the setlists posted on his Facebook fan page, chances are he'll have a far from predictable set (with the exception of the encore). I'm hoping for "Masters of War," though!

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Ill be honest, thats one of the very few tracks I know by him. And thats only cause we looked at it in English in year 10 as an example of a protest poem, and Martin Simpson does a fantastic rendition of it on the Grinning in your Face album.

omiejay

i love melodic death metal.

stuff i listen to all the time: insomnium, swallow the sun, nightrage, amon amarth, wintersun, mors principium est, dark tranquillity, in flames (up to colony), kalmah, eluveitie, nile, behemoth, zonaria, god dethroned, cryptopsy (none so vile), some ill nino.

mainly mdm yeah, some normal dm bands, nile is by far my favourite non-mdm band, first ever death metal i ever listened to ever.

omiejay

also george kollias, nile's current drummer for their past 3 albums, is the fastest most technical and awesome drummer i have ever heard/seen.
the fact that he can blast beat with one hand while other hand dances on like 10 different cymbals while double kicking at the speed of light amazes me.

also george kollias, nile's current drummer for their past 3 albums, is the fastest most technical and awesome drummer i have ever heard/seen.
I don't see how you can say that when you've heard Cryptopsy's Flo Mounier (or whatever his name is). drum. That guy is a monster.

Seeing Nevermore and Death Angel live in 9 days. Soilwork and Mutiny Within are playing too but I couldn't care less about them.

I'M PUMPED.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Has anyone checked out the new one, Poetry For The Poisoned, by Kamelot?
I haven't, though to be honest, Ive not listened to anything by them since Epica. Ive heard mixed things about the new one.

the fact that he can blast beat with one hand while other hand dances on like 10 different cymbals while double kicking at the speed of light amazes me.

He's alright I suppose, Drummer wise the chasm's drummer is one of my favourites death metal wise, but in general, its has to be Simon O'Laoghaire of primordial. I just love what he does.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Nightfall and Rotting Christ. How you didn't list em is beyond me.
For some reason I never really think of Greece when I think of Eastern Europe, I always think Russia, Latvia, Ukraine, the sort of more nothern eastern. But your right, greece is eastern europe. Ive never really gotten into Rotting Christ and never even heard of Nightfall. Ill give Nightfall a try.

Valkyrie X

I'm gonna pop back in to mention that I'm currently in love with Crom's Vengeance. Not sure if anyone else has heard it, but this album (in particular, "The Stars Will Fall") has reminded me how much I love viking metal.

Anyone want to recommend me more Crom-like viking bands, with clean vocals and plenty of melody? :)

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
It's reminding me how I can't take viking metal seriously XD

Although check out Manowar's Gods of War for epic cheese power metal all about Odin.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Its a great album, one I don't listen to nearly enough. Wings of fire is my favourite.

A few albums you might like. Some of them might be more what your after than others.

Askival - Eternity
Ereb Altor - By Honour
Falkenbach - ...Magni Blandinn Ok Megintiri...
Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom
Gjallarhorn - Nordheim
Glittertind - Evige Asatro
Heidevolk - De Strijdlust is Geboren
Nebelhorn - Fjordland Sagas
Nokturnal Mortum - Голос Сталі
Odroerir - Götterlieder
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Rebellion - Arise - The History Of The Vikings Part III
Thronar - Unleash The Fire
Крода - Cry to Me, River...
Темнозорь - Урочища Снов

let us know what you think if you try any of them

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
For some reason I never really think of Greece when I think of Eastern Europe, I always think Russia, Latvia, Ukraine, the sort of more nothern eastern. But your right, greece is eastern europe. Ive never really gotten into Rotting Christ and never even heard of Nightfall. Ill give Nightfall a try.
Eh whatever floats your boat country-wise. Anyway, surprised you never heard Nightfall, they're the more commercially successful one.

It's reminding me how I can't take viking metal seriously XD

Although check out Manowar's Gods of War for epic cheese power metal all about Odin.
Not even Amon Amarth? I mean if you can't, not forcing you to, but some of their stuff is great, so your loss.

I was genuinely surprised to find my £6.09 version of traced in air that I ordered was infact this version :O

http://e-shop.season-of-mist.com/en/catalog/show/19136
You lucky son of a *****. I mean, damn getting such a rare version for such a small price? I would go to heaven if I ever had something like that happen to me for a Metallica album or even a Blind Guardian album.