• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

really? the production is basically just trying to imitate Left Hand Path... i definitely think you'd dig it. it's pretty much Entombed + Repulsion. the quality might not be perfect though because i think most of the rips on the internet floating around are vinyl rips atm.

yeah, i did, i liked it, but i feel like it's on more of the bottom rung of new wave Swedeath, the best three probably being Bastard Priest, Repugnant, and Kaamos, imo.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Perhaps it was the poor youtube quality, but it didn't feel like it had any power, and the bass and snare sounded far too similar for my liking.

Aparently the guy who recently wrote that swedish death metal book has tipped Morbus Chron of as being the next big thing. Or so they said in Terrorizer this month. I haven't actually read the book.

yeah Morbus Chron are definitely catching on quick, Fenriz has advertised them and a lot of bands like Bastard Priest have talked about them being good, i think Autopsy mentioned them on their facebook, so they're getting a lot of exposure that way. i don't think that album is that good but some tracks are pretty ace so if clean their act up as far as consistency goes they could definitely be killer.

Manly Blissey

and....
soon.jpg
I hate myself for not knowing of this band until now. I'm hooked!

you know, i used to be crazy about My Dying Bride, or at least "Turn Loose the Swans", "The Angel And the Dark River", and half of "The Light of the End of the World", but i can't really stand them for the most part anymore...

"Edenbeast" is still a pretty sick track though. maybe i'll revisit some of their stuff sometime.

finally giving God Macabre's the Winterlong... a better listen.
it's not bad, but ****, that guitar tone is way too thin. i think it's just the production, since it sounds like a pretty typical Swedeath tone, but still. the drums are some of the most muffled i've ever heard.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'm surprised a lot of Swedeath doesn't sound really thin and tinny. I got a HM-2 and whilst it does produce a killer tone, it's really thin and weak on it's own. You definitely need a good chunky amp distortion to beef it up.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Saw Opeth the night before Halloween, and they were absolutely mesmerizing. Katatonia opened for them, but sucked horribly though.

Out of 12 songs (including encore), Opeth played 5 songs from Heritage. I didn't like that particular album save for the last 3 or so songs, but after their live performance I've started to like a few others as well. Here's their full setlist:

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart /w drum solo
Nepenthe
The Throat of Winter
Credence
Closure
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Folklore (encore)

Opeth's sound and guitar tone were simply out of this world. My third time watching Opeth, but definitely the best show I've been to so far. Also I've recorded some clips from the show, so if anyone's interested here they are

http://www.facebook.com/v/168419029919758
http://www.facebook.com/v/168305173264477
http://www.facebook.com/v/168416293253365
http://www.facebook.com/v/168291659932495

Mikael's a funny guy too. He comes up to the stage and says "How's everyone doing? I'm doing so so, not feeling very well down there (pointing at his stomach). If anyone needs laxative you should try the indian restaurant right across the street." Then before playing A Fair Judgement he down tunes his guitar, plays a note or two and goes like "I've downtuned my guitar two steps. This is how the shitty metal bands sound these days (lol)" I swear during the outro of the same song they played almost 3 minutes of chuggy breakdown.

LOL moments: When kids started moshing to Katatonia's chug-chug pussy riffs and during songs like Slither, Face of Melinda, Porcelain Heart. Basically there was a mosh-pit right behind me whenever they heard some distortion.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Saw Opeth the night before Halloween, and they were absolutely mesmerizing. Katatonia opened for them, but sucked horribly though.

Out of 12 songs (including encore), Opeth played 5 songs from Heritage. I didn't like that particular album save for the last 3 or so songs, but after their live performance I've started to like a few others as well. Here's their full setlist:

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart /w drum solo
Nepenthe
The Throat of Winter
Credence
Closure
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Folklore (encore)

Opeth's sound and guitar tone were simply out of this world. My third time watching Opeth, but definitely the best show I've been to so far. Also I've recorded some clips from the show, so if anyone's interested here they are

http://www.facebook.com/v/168419029919758
http://www.facebook.com/v/168305173264477
http://www.facebook.com/v/168416293253365
http://www.facebook.com/v/168291659932495

Mikael's a funny guy too. He comes up to the stage and says "How's everyone doing? I'm doing so so, not feeling very well down there (pointing at his stomach). If anyone needs laxative you should try the indian restaurant right across the street." Then before playing A Fair Judgement he down tunes his guitar, plays a note or two and goes like "I've downtuned my guitar two steps. This is how the shitty metal bands sound these days (lol)" I swear during the outro of the same song they played almost 3 minutes of chuggy breakdown.

LOL moments: When kids started moshing to Katatonia's chug-chug pussy riffs and during songs like Slither, Face of Melinda, Porcelain Heart. Basically there was a mosh-pit right behind me whenever they heard some distortion.

Sounds like they were on one of their good days there.
He told a similar joke in Manchester, but instead warned us that if there was any bad smells it was likely to have come from Martin Mendez .

I was going to suggest the 3 minute chuggy section was from Deliverance, but they didn't play that. They've played it nearly every time I've seen them, and I always think, damn this chugging is going on for a bit.

Zantera

I'm not much of a metalhead anymore, at least not as much as I used to be a few years ago, back then it was pretty much only metal.
I can still appreciate it, but now I sorta want my metal to have other qualities, it can't be "just" metal, cause that will eventually bore me, but some other influences in it to make it exciting.

Some of the heavier bands I still listen to:

Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, Agalloch, Tool, Devin Townsend, Periphery and a few more.

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
Talking of Opeth, has anyone got their tickets for the UK tour yet, I'm seeing them on the 12th and I'm still waiting on mine... My Turisas ones came about a month before, and I'm seeing them on Friday!

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
Ah, fair enough then.

Anyone seen the recent Bloodstock announcements? I'm quite happy with how the line up's looking so far, and we already know Behemoth are playing even if they won't announce them.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I meant to post it here the other day but forgot.

Personally speaking, I thought it was a dire announcement. And they are yet to announce a band that I would pay/go out of my way to see if they weren't playing a festival.

Dimmu, I feel like I've grown out of them, as odd a concept as that is. I saw them in 2008 when they headlined and they were rather dull, and basically walked of the stage 20 minutes early.
Hatebreed, I'm surprised with this one. Not a typical Bloodstock band, not really even a metal band.
Corrosion of Conformity, Aparently they are playing their early crossover stuff, which sounds decent enough, but not enough to excite me.
Anaal Nathrakh, Never really got the fuss.
Watain, don't interest me on CD, though I've seen them live and I have to say the Fire and Bathory cover was entertaining.
Paradise Lost, I only own Draconian Times....I wish I didn't. 'nuff said.
Anvil, A second rate trad metal band who weren't good enough first time round? no ta.
Orange Goblin, Could be good if I'm in the mood. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Says a lot when the band your most looking forwards to (watain), yo uhave no interest in buying/listening to their music.

I'm not much of a metalhead anymore, at least not as much as I used to be a few years ago, back then it was pretty much only metal.
I can still appreciate it, but now I sorta want my metal to have other qualities, it can't be "just" metal, cause that will eventually bore me, but some other influences in it to make it exciting.

Some of the heavier bands I still listen to:

Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, Agalloch, Tool, Devin Townsend, Periphery and a few more.
what does "just metal" even sound like?
Orange Goblin, Could be good if I'm in the mood. But I doubt that's going to happen.
yet another example of me wanting to go to x festival thingie for one band alone. although i haven't seen the rest of the lineup...

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
I'm looking forward to Anaal, Watain and Paradise Lost (so long of they play more of their death/doom stuff). I'm still waiting for a big announcement to get my ticket though. And Dimmu I'd like to see, but not if there's anything better anywhere else.