• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
yet another example of me wanting to go to x festival thingie for one band alone. although i haven't seen the rest of the lineup...

Other than an unsigned Slovenian band, I think I posted every band confirmed above.
Bloodstock like to Stagger announcements across the year, I assume to constantly have something exciting to announce and keeping interest high.

Zantera

what does "just metal" even sound like?

That's honestly hard to explain, but I guess I'm talking about variety overall.
I used to listen loads to bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, but also newer bands like Trivium, Disturbed, System of a Down and so on, but even though I can listen to them now, it's not very normal, because I feel like they have a certain "sound".
If they incorporate other genres into the music other then metal, I think it keeps me interested easier, and adds more variety overall.
Nothing really wrong with the "typical" metal-bands, but I get bored if there's an album with 10 songs sounding pretty much the same, structure-wise and riff-wise.

As for Opeth, I'm seeing them live in December with Pain of Salvation, can't wait for it. :)

Dragon35

I'm of the opinion of Hammerheart. I know I'll get an earlybird ticket for it but I would much rather there be a band I would like to go and see playing announced first though.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I was going to suggest the 3 minute chuggy section was from Deliverance, but they didn't play that. They've played it nearly every time I've seen them, and I always think, damn this chugging is going on for a bit.

I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose to make fun of certain bands :)

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
In horrible news,GWAR's guitarist was found dead today. This is horrible news not just because of the obvious tragedy but because this means that space aliens everywhere are still susceptible to death on our planet.
It's a shame I was planning on seeing them live in just a few weeks too. My condolences to his family and his bandmates.

oh ****, really? i was never a fan of Gwar but they were just going to play a few shows with Ghoul down here like in the coming week or so. damn.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I was thinking, do you think it would be worth this thread trying an album of the year? Or are there too few of us with too different tastes to make it work?
There's enough of us, but I'd be damned if we actually agreed on an album of the year. Sure there would be a majority vote for something black, but the complaints for it being one sided will never stop.

Vodka Haze

There's enough of us, but I'd be damned if we actually agreed on an album of the year. Sure there would be a majority vote for something black, but the complaints for it being one sided will never stop.

Agreed. I'd personally go for "Back Through Time" by Alestorm, but I haven't listened to a large amount of modern metal lately, so I can't say for certain that it's the album of the year.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'll give it a go later in the year and see how it goes. If it fails it fails.

Agreed. I'd personally go for "Back Through Time" by Alestorm, but I haven't listened to a large amount of modern metal lately, so I can't say for certain that it's the album of the year.
I'll give you a clue, it isn't :p

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I actually fell asleep last time they played bloodstock (09 I think) but they hadn't released stand up and fight at that point, and the set list was similar to the last 2 times before that I'd seen them.

I certainly wouldn't complain about them being booked..

Having listened to Megadeth's newest: it's not really what I'd call legit thrash metal through most of its length, but it's still a pretty strong record overall. (e: Anthrax's newest is pretty nice, to. A bit more thrashy than the aforementioned Megadeth, too!)

Last edited:

Dragon35

TURISAS!!! :D

THEY WERE AWESOME!

My friend recorded some of it, and it they're the best live band I've seen. Turisas for BOA 2012 anyone?

I certainly wouldn't complain. I'm seeing them in Sheffield in a couple of weeks as it is.