• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

xerath is a pretty cool djent band i've picked up lately. they're not as djenty as other djent bands though, more just straight prog with some djent twangs here and there.

i just discovered Carbonization. the first album is pretty typical Swedeath, but it's good, and i do recommend it to people like Hammerheart here that like that syle of stuff.. the two albums after it are some of the weirdest ****ing metal recordings i've ever heard. they have some of that Obscura era Gorguts dissonance but it's not death metal at all and i don't think it's even right to really call it metal, some parts of it remind me of some of the cleaner parts on Celtic Frost's Into the Pandemonium but i don't know what to call it. it's got this weird jazz vibe to it too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXfwG1TDxA

but then this song sounds like Voivod mixed with like, Primus or Mr. Bungle or some "avant garde" stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViAAGFgNzMU

basically i really don't know what to think of this and i really am going to have to absorb it- at first listen it sounds pretty random and boring but parts of it catch my attention and it's kind of making me curious if it'll ever click with me more than how i feel about it right now.

oh, and their more typical death metal stuff, which is nice but pretty typical Carnage/early Entombed style stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBpL_dWEWVw

Cyrus' #1 BOY

Hmm...metal bands. Well, I do like me some Linkin Park and Disturbed. Speaking of, what do you guys think of Linkin Park's new style? My friend says it's all weird and unnecessary, but I think he's too close-minded to accept that going in a new direction is exactly what that band needs. Plus it makes them the most unique band around, because they're adventurous and don't listen to the masses like other puppets like Tool and Rise Against. I think Linkin Park is the most revolutionary metal band in the industry, don't try arguing it just cause you know I'm right. It's funny that some of the most unsaid statements tend to be the most true.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Hello gentlemen, I have a lovely little video here of a song that I wrote myself, performed by my very own band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZfOQ0n1eIo

I'm the lead guitarist, and yes, I know the vocals are too quiet, we were standing behind the vocal amps so we couldn't tell. Let me know what you all think, thanks a lot.

TheDudeAbides

Zangoose Fanatic
Hmm...metal bands. Well, I do like me some Linkin Park and Disturbed. Speaking of, what do you guys think of Linkin Park's new style? My friend says it's all weird and unnecessary, but I think he's too close-minded to accept that going in a new direction is exactly what that band needs. Plus it makes them the most unique band around, because they're adventurous and don't listen to the masses like other puppets like Tool and Rise Against. I think Linkin Park is the most revolutionary metal band in the industry, don't try arguing it just cause you know I'm right. It's funny that some of the most unsaid statements tend to be the most true.

QFT, bro. I have to listen to them in private cause my parents said that it distracts from my studies too much.

To tell you the truth, it makes me feel like I'm exploring myself and finding out who I really am.

\m/ \m/

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
No. Isn't Linkin Park considered Nu-Metal?
Well arguably in their early days. It wasn't typical Nu Metal though. There's also the argument to be made for nu metal, not actually being metal due to the way it seemingly went against everything metal stood for.

I think Linkin Park is the most revolutionary metal band in the industry, don't try arguing it just cause you know I'm right. It's funny that some of the most unsaid statements tend to be the most true.
Firstly, do you want to back your statement up, and give it a bit of substance?

Secondly, if we knew you where right, why would we need to argue it?

Furthermore if some of the most unsaid statements are true, does that mean my bedroom based project with a few unfinished tracks is the best band ever because no one's ever said it?

been kind of in a rut musically lately. only band that's done much for me lately is Grotesque.

the first half of the In The Embrace of Evil compilation is great, but nothing amazingly special. but that latter half of it is seriously some of my favorite **** ever. tracks like "Incantation" and "Church of the Pentagram" just ****ing rip. and those vocals are like Mille from Kreator during his Pleasure to Kill days only even more savage, which his impressive in itself.

poor quality due to youtube, but goddamn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-y1IswuVjY

Last edited:

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
Linkin Park don't really belong in the metal thread. If you look at the other bands being discussed you'll see that they don't fit in at all.

In other news, Wythermoon's demo is coming along quite well, drum and bass tracks still need to be done, and my vocals on the heavy song are too quiet for about half of it, so they'll probably need redoing (again), it took like 11 attempts to get the damn lyrics right so each verse and chorus had to be done seperately, I need to learn the song...

Oh, and Behemoth for BOA, obvious, but biggest draw for me so far probably.

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
They shouldn't be headlining, special guests should have been what they got, not sure if they can headline tbh. I'm just hoping the other headliner's something a bit more fun like Alice Cooper, some power or folk would do me nicely. With the current bands so far, looks like my hope for Amon Amarth is special guests for Alice Cooper really, maybe a 3rd down, can't see them being any lower,

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy

Can't tell if trolling

or less hipster than all us real metalheads

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
I'd hardly call liking good underground metal hipster. Hipster's liking things because they're underground, not liking things that happen to be underground. I occasionally call hardly known band shirts my 'hipster shirts' jokingly now and again though, but I've never really seriously associated metal with hipster.