• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Everyone should listen to Blessed is Black by Coven. It is quite the good album Imo. Also Indestory.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Nice to see some cross over with mine, some nice choices there.
I was tempted to go with Voimasta ja kunniasta, and actually thinking about it, I think I probably should have.
Thanks. The list is harder to make now that I'm thinking bout the last 14, cause I haven't covered punk, industrial rock or any of the experimental stuff of metal like Queensryche, Sanctuary, and so on. And there are so many bands/solo careers were everythings a favorite.
Everyone should listen to Blessed is Black by Coven. It is quite the good album Imo. Also Indestory.
Blessed is the black ;D. And 7yes it is indeed worth listening to. Out of the grave is such a good ****ing track .

Last edited:
>experimental stuff of metal
>Queensryche, Sanctuary

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also Indestroy are alright but i wouldn't return to them over a bunch of other thrash bands. and the only Coven i know is the Michigan traditional doom band.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Experimental in the sense that a lot of their albums were concepts as a whole and not just songs attached to each other. I know that there are some out there that are far more experimental that cam out of nowhere.

does anyone here like Primordial/can anyone give me the best Primordial album to start with?

i've never listened to them before because i've always avoided black metal that's been described as "folk", "pagan" or "celtic" black metal but seeing tons of my favourite black/thrash bands praise them constantly has made me curious.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I do indeed like Primordial.
It depends what you want from them. My favourite album is The Gathering Wilderness. This has more in common with Epic Doom than it does Black Metal, and the same can be said for the two Subsequent albums, which are probably my second and third favourite in chronological order. The further back you work the more black metal they sound, but I'm not keen on the more black metal stuff.
The recent All Empires Fall which is a live DVD/CD is also well worth getting, or at the least downloading the discs from as it's a very good variety of their sounds. Plus they are force to be reckoned with live, their sound is huge. I've seen them twice, and once their vocalist lost his voice and they played half a set instrumentally and it was still just as intense.

These are probably my favourite tracks by them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCjXaPHCeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jid7G_0jxLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTb7LLHe0U

you'll obviously have to excuse poor youtube quality.

i'm more interested in their black metal stuff even though i've heard no material before those links, so i'll probably start in the middle of their discography and work back, then get the newest stuff if i like what i hear, since i do like me some doom.

that said i'm listening to the second one right now (chose it randomly, didn't start with the second one for any particular reason) and i don't necessarily dislike it but i'm kind of hesitant because it's falling into a lot of the pitfalls "epic" metal usually does with me so i can't really say i'm entirely enjoying it either.

but i'll listen to the other two later, ty for the links.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Testament's new album starting the month off is amazing. They are bouncing off the walls, giving something new something old, and just hitting the mood perfectly. Ending the month with Ensiferum is gonna be even better I assume.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
The Coffin Ships is probably my favourite, I love the passion in his voice. Especially when the line 'it feels like, I've been here before' reprises, the passion and anguish in his voice is palpable. I think for e the vocals are huge selling point, which might be why I don't like the early stuff. But I also really like the celtic influenced drumming, and the riffs which are really thick and make great use of harmony at times.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
[img139]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7276/7729445198_83e6e89df5_c.jpg[/img139]

fuck yeah

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
>experimental stuff of metal
>Queensryche, Sanctuary

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also Indestroy are alright but i wouldn't return to them over a bunch of other thrash bands. and the only Coven i know is the Michigan traditional doom band.

Queensryche aren't that experimental, but they did mess around with the "mix a few other gernes with metal that most people don't" angle. Except Rage for Order, though, that produced "mixed results." Beats Tribe, though, if you're looking for a QR album.

evan, i give you samothrace. might be a bit too post-metal for your liking, but i have a good feeling about this one.

edit: the album version is much more funeral doom sounding actually.

edit2: oh look, more good doom in the form of hangman's chair.

Last edited:
Samothrace sounds okay.

planning on seeing Vektor a week from tomorrow, pretty psyched. especially since they've been posting all over their facebook about how they've got diy patches and limited edition diy CDs for sale and shit. apparently the venue has a fucking awesome shop to it too with tons more metal merch than any shop around here, so i think i might just blow all of my money in one sitting, lol.

but yeah, anyone else going to shows soon?