• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Just the new album. The self titled album is fantastic, but the new one just feels too sterile, lacking in energy and atmosphere, like half-hearted attempt to recapture former glory resulting in a lacklustre imitation of that which went before.

So Primitive Man was pretty damn good, and new Fen wasn't too bad. Checking out Cult of Luna, and Consciousness Removal Project in a bit.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I've mixed feelings about Fen. I liked Ancient Sorrow at the time, but since I feel like they are doing the sort of thing I should like, but there's something about it that just doesn't click with me. I can listen to it, and even mildly enjoy it, but I have no desire to listen again when it ends.

I've also not downloaded the new one, as a friend nearly got himself into a sticky legal situation with regards that and I didn't want to make it worse for him. It's a long story that I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell publically.

TwitchyAssTaillow

I'm probably not a full on metal head, but I do enjoy the tough gritty sound of a guitar, and the quake of the drums with every tap and slam!

I enjoy metal that ranges back to it's humble beginning to the decade we live in now.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
New Holy Grail album anyone? First time listening to them. Really, they got a modern heavy metal avenged sevenfold feel.. There were some nice guitar licks here and there but I wasn't too blown away by them. Definitely fun to listen to though!

the new Darkthrone track sounds like Mercyful Fate with a tiny bit of Celtic Frost. the production is kinda dull though.

new Voivod album is streaming too. first album without Piggy material should be interesting. they're one of my favourite bands so i might wait off until i can get a physical copy for once.

i hope Eyehategod get their new album out this year. 13 years since the last one is too long.

metal will never get dull for me completely but i've still been listening to more punk than anything lately, so i don't have much else to contribute on the 2013 front.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that was ****ing excellent. Haven't heard any other of their material so I can't compare to older works, but I assume they would be just as good or even better. Also am I mistaken or is their a thrash band with a similar name of sorts......or at the least I'm very confused. I'm pretty sure Voivod is who I'm thinking of, but didn't they have an album 2 or so years ago that was with a green logo or smth? Damn I'm confused.
Also recently discovered Watain. Still missing out on a lot of stuff it seems.

Last edited: