• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that was ****ing excellent. Haven't heard any other of their material so I can't compare to older works, but I assume they would be just as good or even better. Also am I mistaken or is their a thrash band with a similar name of sorts......or at the least I'm very confused. I'm pretty sure Voivod is who I'm thinking of, but didn't they have an album 2 or so years ago that was with a green logo or smth? Damn I'm confused.
i'm not sure where your confusion is. but yeah, Voivod is/was a thrash band, and they've used green logos on some merch.

they're also one of the best metal bands ever.
Also recently discovered Watain. Still missing out on a lot of stuff it seems.
they have their moments, but the band members have some hilariously try hard outlooks satanism.

still just makes me want to listen to Dissection or old Necrophobic or something.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
They aren't metal at all, but does anyone like Slowdive? I got Just for a Day in the post this morning with some EP's as a bonus disk, and I've kind of fallen in love with them again.

Also Neil Halstead singer/guitarist from Slowdive is guesting on the next Alcest record.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

LydiaRyan

Has anybody heard Black Veil Brides' new album, Wretched and Divine. It's a lot better than their other 2 albums. Here is a playlist I made, it's just the songs, no intermissions or mini intermissions(Abeyance, Exordium, or Overture).

http://tinyurl.com/b5wspx6

You don't need an account or anything, just click the link and press play. :)

EDIT: Just wanted to note "Days Are Numbered" features Bert McCracken, singer of The Used, and "Lost It All" features Juliet Simms, Andy's GF and singer of Automatic Loveletter.

Last edited:

LydiaRyan

Agonist, is that meant for me, I normally don't listen to stuff like that, I just wanted to say that I like it.

Anyways, I saw somewhere that Children of Bodom is realeasing a 2013 album, if it's true, I can't wait for it.

Also, does anybody know of any metal bands with female singers, similar to Abnormality and Arch Enemy, but with clean vocals.

Not a fan of Children of Bodom, but others may feel differently.

Er, clean vocals... Outside of symphonic stuff, I can't really think of any off the top of my head who use clean vocals. Alyssa White-Gluz of The Agonist (not where I got my username from, btw) uses both clean and harsh vocals.

LydiaRyan

Not a fan of Children of Bodom, but others may feel differently.

Er, clean vocals... Outside of symphonic stuff, I can't really think of any off the top of my head who use clean vocals. Alyssa White-Gluz of The Agonist (not where I got my username from, btw) uses both clean and harsh vocals.

Symphonic stuff? You're talking about stuff like Amberian Dawn and Nightwish, right? I like them.
As for The Agonist, I haven't heard of them, but I just listened to three of their songs, one from each Album, and I LOVE them already. :)