• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Slowdive's Just for a Day and first 3 EP's are essential if you ask me.

Catherine Wheel - Ferment
Ceremony - Rocket Fire
Galaxie 500 - On Fire
LSD and the Search For God - LSD and the Search For God
M83 - Saturdays = Youth
Malory - Not Here Not Now
Skywave - Synthstatic
Soundpool - On High
Stella Luna - Stargazer
The Verve - A Storm in Heaven

There's more, but for me those seem to be the cream of the crop.

And going back to metal for a moment..
Athelstan from Forefather has released a solo album which is quite good, and Fanisk have released the follow up to Noontide (it only took them 10 years haha), and so far it's fantastic. Definitely recommended to anyone who likes really majestic and atmospheric black metal.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Huh, a solo album from Forefather members is always great. Also random post, but youtube playlists are great for learning about new bands. For example. searching power metal playlists gives you random bull, but one had some decent songs, and I got a new band to give a look at, Secret Sphere. Sounds like a cheap stratovarius/gamma ray, but with some old school heavy mixed in there.

well i am yet to find something anywhere near as good as new steven wilson / the fall of every season this year. those two are far and away my aoty contenders thus far, but intronaut in march... so close...

Hi I am a metalhead too! I like melodic death metal bands such as Arch Enemy, At the Gates, Children fo Bodom etc I like probably all genres of heavy metal =D

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
I'm a bit late on this but I listened to new Helloween a bit ago. A fun and easy listen but they're assholes for deciding to put "you're an asswhole" on it.

Also, Nemisis, Stratovarius's new album coming out in under two weeks just leaked a few days ago. I haven't heard it but fan reviews are very positive... Any of you heard it?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
So there's news on upcoming Meads of Asphodel and Atlantean Kodex albums.

The new album 'Sonderkommando' is due out soon.
420691f4-f5d6-452b-ae48-5e4e2a318224_zps0530fa00.jpg

Clocking in at a mammoth 70+ Mins this will be the darkest & most epic journey to date.

The album is symbolized by the vivid grimly dark artwork from artist Aisha Louisa Al-Sadie www.aishasart.co.uk, to whom we give a huge thanks to.

The LP will feature the debut full length performance from new Norse blast master André Kjelbergvik Thung as well as the usual array of guests, whom are: Christina Poupoutsi (Ebonillumini & The Higher Craft), Mories (Gnaw Their Tongues), Rob Miller (Amebix), Oristalla (Diversis), Alan Davey (Gunslinger), Mirai (Sigh), Will Banyard, JM (Wolves of Avalon), Gods Tower, Bruce Hamilton, Malcolm Tait & Harry 'Son of Metatron'.

Tracklisting:

1). Sonderkommando
2). Wishing Well of Bones
3). Aktion T4
4). Silent Ghosts of Babi Yar
5). Children of The Sunwheel Banner (Part 1)
6). Children of The Sunwheel Banner (Part 2)
7). Lamenting Weaver of Horror
8). Sins of The Pharaohs
9). Last Train To Eden
10). Hourglass of Ash
11). The Mussulmans Wander Through The Infernal Whirling Fires Amongst Silent Shadows to be Fed Into the Thirsting Jaws of a Godless Death Machine to Cough Up Their Souls to the Nazi Moloch Who Sits Within a Ring of Smoking Infant Skulls
12). Send My Love To Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Hopefully with all things blowing in the right direction the album will be available early/mid February. Also keep a look out for the promotional video 'A Glimpse into the Sonderkommando' a mini documentary that will be uploaded next week.

Hails & Cheers for your support, JD & the Meads.

http://thetrueatlanteankodex.blogspot.de/2013/02/the-white-goddess-release-date-and-show.html

[video=youtube;AxOyB7CFpU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxOyB7CFpU8[/video]

As the radiant wheel of the sun is growing and father winter leaves Europa behind, the time has come to descend from the Mountain Du-Ku for the second time. In the name of Enki, Sankt Blasius, Sankt Cäcilia and the Seven Gods who decree, we are glad to announce the release date for our second album, titled „THE WHITE GODDESS – A Grammar of Poetic Myth“.

The album will be released on October 8th 2013 in Northern America and on October 4th 2013 in Europa and the rest of the world.

Regarding the amazing job Enrico has done for our first album „The Golden Bough“, it was a no-brainer to keep working together. So we‘re very happy to announce, that once again the album will be released through Cruz del Sur Music.
Furthermore, in order to make the album more easily available for buyers in the USA and Canada, we have decided to sign to 20 Buck Spin Records for the release in Northern America. Dave is an enthusiast for high quality metal off the beaten track and has been working in the past with bands such as Occultation, Pallbearer or Liturgy. We feel in safe hands and so should all fans buying the vinyl and CD version of „The White Goddess“ in the United States and Canada.
And last but not least we are honoured and pleased to announce that the vinyl version for Europe and the rest of the world will be handled by Germany‘s finest, VÁN Records. Since quality is a top priority for us, there was no other choice than Ván Records. Ván is simply doing the best vinyl editions currently available. We‘re quite positive that the vinyl version of „The White Goddess“ will blow your minds. We have something very spectacular up our sleeves.

The official album release party and show will take place on October 5th 2013 in Athens. ATLANTEAN KODEX will perform a full set including of course songs from the new album and all previous releases. We cannot wait to come back to our friends in Greece to celebrate this special event with a titanic spectacle of might. Tsipouro, re mounia!

Ok, in short, here‘s what matters:

ALBUM RELEASE:
Europa & Rest of the World
Cruz del Sur Records: CD
VÁN Records: Vinyl

USA & Canada
20 Buck Spin Records: CD & Vinyl

RELEASE SHOW: 5th of October 2013, Athens, more info tba

TRACKLIST:
1. Trumpets of Doggerland (There were Giants in the Earth in those Days)
2. Sol Invictus (With Faith and Fire)
3. Bilwis (Sorcery and Witchcraft in Eastern Bavaria)
4. Heresiarch (Thousandfaced Moon)
5. Twelve Stars and an Azure Gown (An Anthem for Europa)
6. Kodex Battalions (The Iron Horde)
7. Virgin : Mother : Crone (Media Vita in Morte sumus)
8. Der Untergang der Stadt Passau (Flaming Sword of the Watchers)
9. Enthroned in Clouds and Fire (The Great Cleansing)
10. White Goddess unveiled (Crown of the Sephiroth)

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
it was announced today that Katatonia will be opening for Opeth for their australian tour as well, and i've heard good things but never listened so i figure now is as good a time as any to get started. can anyone make some recommendations?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Side discussion: Black Sabbath is supposed to be releasing a new studio album this year, with Ozzy singing.

Given his recent solo career, does anyone think he can sing their newest "Electric Funeral" rewrite/s well?

it was announced today that Katatonia will be opening for Opeth for their australian tour as well, and i've heard good things but never listened so i figure now is as good a time as any to get started. can anyone make some recommendations?
their first two albums are their best, but they're also their only death metal material so it might not be your thing. the rest of their discog is alright, it's listenable. dead end kings was actually pretty good though.
Side discussion: Black Sabbath is supposed to be releasing a new studio album this year, with Ozzy singing.

Given his recent solo career, does anyone think he can sing their newest "Electric Funeral" rewrite/s well?
i'm not expecting much from new sabbath tbh.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden

It's not really new news, it's been discussed for months. But I feel the whole debacle with Bill Ward has left a bad taste in the mouth, and kind of overshadowed the new album. He was such a big part of the bands early sound as far as I'm concerned. Ozzy doesn't seem up to it from recent live footage. The Heaven and Hell album ranged from listenable to decent, and the recent Ozzy output has been dire, so I'm not expecting much. I just hope 3 of the 4 of them being together with respark something inside that got lost over the years.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I liked The Devil You Know, but it was pretty much just two songs. I believe that the band has a chance at making decent music -- trouble is there that that's "a chance." Cross Purposes, their last album that I would consider average or better, is almost twenty years old now. The band's also half different from that mid-water mark (well, only one of the writers is absent), so who knows.

But there's gonna be at least one "Electric Funeral" re-write. There almost always is.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
ah, ok. genre-benders like Anathema then? i will check their 2 newest out tomorrow.