• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
All I've heard of Pelican was when a mate was giving me a lift home from uni and he hadn't swapped CD's in his car for months and it was the only one we'd not recently played, so he put it on. I was a bit indifferent to it.

Cryptopsy strike me as one of those bands who put brutality before good songs, much like Suffocation.

skeletorissatan

Maybe with their post none so vile stuff but their earlier stuff had some killer songs-Slit Your Guts for that breakdown, Phobophile because of the energy, Crown Of Horns because its such a pissed off opener.

Also, their Once Was Not album is great as well (Lord worm's comeback, but its a crap vocal performance)

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I prefer the Thrashier sort of death metal. I think if I only owned Left Hand Path and Like an Ever Flowing Stream I'd be content as far as death metal goes. (Thats not to say there isn't a whole lot more I like)

For something very different, the new 11 hour Sabazius track
[video=youtube;PrmBnN7aQ9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PrmBnN7aQ9s[/video]

None So Vile is the absolute peak of tech death. it's a shame that all of the slam and brutal death metal bands that take their entire discographies out of that album's playbook suck.

i've mostly been listening to sludge and grindcore as far as metal goes but i pulled out Running Wild's debut for the first time in awhile. seriously one of the best traditional metal albums ever.

[video=youtube;qUrEgYU1_4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUrEgYU1_4w[/video]

skeletorissatan

Like An Everflowing Stream is great agreed. if you like thrashy death, do you like Vader?

None So vile isnt tech death apart from the drums, the guitars are usually a mixture of four power chords and tremolo picking across three strings-not tech at all, and the bass work follows the guitar. Take it from someone who can play the whole album.
Cryptopsy became tech death after that, on Whisper Supremacy

Anyone here like Sinister?

skeletorissatan

Listen to Sothis, Sword Of the Witcher (title song for my favorite game), and True Names and see if that changes your mind? Or just the entire Black To The Blind album-its 29 minutes of nothing but pure death metal.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
They just don't come across as my style, too much double bass not enough blast beat or Atmosphere.

Are you familiar with the Chasm? they are one of the few bands that don't sound like Swedish death metal that I really like.
[video=youtube;rsmlKk5CE3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmlKk5CE3I[/video]

skeletorissatan

Fair enough, Vader actually use a LOT of blast beats on much of their work-they are famous for it.

Nope not heard them but i'll give them a shot now dude .

Do you like any black metal?

i only appear to because i only bother posting more well known bands that were good or less well known bands that were good, and sometimes well known bands that weren't very good.

soror dolorosa is pretty damn good indeed, a very nice dosage of post-punk.