• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Timo Tolkki (ex stratovarius) is releasing a metal opera in May that features a bunch of guys such as:
- Michael Kiske
- Sharon Den Adel (within temptation)
- Jens Johansson
- Russel Allen
- Tony Kakko (sonata arctica)

...well I'm a little excited!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Sounds good on paper, but he's about a decade late to the idea, in fact wasn't he on Avantasia's metal opera part 1 and 2?
Yes he was, and the faster we can forget about Avantasia the better this thread can get. Anyway since we're on power metal, anyone heard Stratovarius' new work yet? I heard that its somewhat good. Nothing like the old stuff of course, but still decent.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I'll agree on the first album, but what it promises in terms of content and quality does not make up for the second and third albums, and you know it.

Generic User Name

been a metalhead all my life \m/
Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Testament, Death, Necrophagist, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Necrogoblikon, Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor, Immortal, Behemoth, Bathory, Satyricon, Opeth, Kampfar, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Electric Wizard, The Sword, Boris, Melvins, Candlemass, Earth, Sunn 0))), Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden,
Judas Preist, Vader, Kreator, Goat*****, Anal ****, Adolf Satan, and my all time favorite: Acid Bath
just to name a few...

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
for those that care about power metal: this Italian band Derdian released their new album and it's really really good... here's my fav track:

[video=youtube;A1ZusAf-SGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZusAf-SGU[/video]

BY THE WAY I'm going through Anathema's releases. Their new album's my favourite so far! Going to listen to Alternative 4 or Judgement next which are apparently their best albums???

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I wouldn't listen to what anyone says with regards the best Anathema album. I don't know of any band who polarises opinion so much. For me Weather Systems is their Best, and We're Here Because We're Here is a close second, I also really like Fallilng Deeper even though it's a rerecording album. Judgement is really good though.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
my Anathema rankings go something like:

weather systems > a fine day to exit > falling deeper >> we're here because we're here > alternative 4 = a natural disaster = judgement >>>> the silent enigma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> eternity

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
A Fine Day to Exit? Seems an unusual choice to be so high.

For me Weather Systems > We're Here Because We're Here > Judgement > Falling Deeper > Hindsight > A Natural Desaster > A Fine Day to Exit> Pentecost III + The Crestfallen EP

I still need to revisit Alternative 4. However I'm hesitant to go much further back than that due to me really not liking their early stuff.

i agree that weather systems is easily their best, but the rest i'm not so sure about, having not really delved into their discography properly.

also new agrypnie is pretty damn good.

Dragon35

Oy! Avantasia are the dog's do da's
The album after that had literally one good song.

Lost in Space by any chance? I do like that song. Seeing Avantasia live in August

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
A Fine Day to Exit? Seems an unusual choice to be so high.
it has its highs and lows, but with highs like the title track, pressure, temporary peace and release it's hard for me to rank it lower

the reason i didn't include Hindsight is because the only song on that i think is an improvement over the original version is Are You There? love the acoustic version of that