• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Oh yeah, if Ghost Reveries is ever released on vinyl, I would love it.

it is on vinyl, it's long OOP and expensive though.

are you not a fan of Morningrise? it took a while before i realised how good it was but it's one of my favourites now. got that and MA,YH on clear vinyl too. i also got one of the water bottles that Martin Mendez threw in to the crowd

Zantera

Morningrise is pretty good, but I kinda prefer Orchid actually. It's really not so much that I dislike any Opeth-albums, but when it comes to vinyl it's A) fairly expensive and B) takes up quite some space, so I try to get the best stuff. Sometimes I might get a vinyl if it's a bargain or colored, but with as many artists and bands I listen to, I wouldn't buy all Opeth albums on vinyl.

I've been listening to this a lot today for some reason...

[video=youtube;_6kXLkJA6g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kXLkJA6g0[/video]

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
I don't need no "instructions" to know how to rock!

ok

Morningrise is pretty good, but I kinda prefer Orchid actually. It's really not so much that I dislike any Opeth-albums, but when it comes to vinyl it's A) fairly expensive and B) takes up quite some space, so I try to get the best stuff. Sometimes I might get a vinyl if it's a bargain or colored, but with as many artists and bands I listen to, I wouldn't buy all Opeth albums on vinyl.

yeah i have no desire to own Deliverance or Ghost Reveries on vinyl. I have pretty much completed my vinyl backlog now though which rules because I will be spending a lot less money, only buying new things that are coming out instead of all the music i want

Zantera

For me it's pretty much a mix. I discover new albums, and I hear old albums I want as well. The problem for me is that my music taste is not limited and I listen to many different styles, new artists every week/month, so I always come across a lot of stuff I want to buy.

I can set aside my favorite artists and not listen to them for a year or so, I'm so familiar with their stuff that I'd rather listen to something new.

got a ticket to see Orange Goblin (for the second time) with Clutch next month. also some CDs (the Cure, Pagan Altar, NME, Carcass, and a few others).

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Your both massive nobbers. Listen to Killers, it's almsot the perfect heavy metal album. Clive Burr's drumming and Paul's gruff yet melodic vocals are something that obviously got lost when they left the band, but are what makes that and the debut. Even post Clive, Somewhere in Time is stunning.

The reason I say often overlooked is because it seems almost cool to dismiss maiden as perhaps too mainstream or perhaps entry level metal as if poeple are somehow above them because they aren't obscure or a cult favourite. And whilst their post 1990 output has been hit and miss, the first 7 are some of the finest examples of heavy metal going. I seriously challenge you to find me a traditional heavy metal song better than Hallowed Be Thy Name.

There's a bootleg (well actually fanclub members only) version of Maiden Japan with 17 track rather than the released 4 track version that you can find, I seriously suggest you both track it down and listen to it, and then come back and admit you were both very wrong.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Iron Maiden never did anything for me either, and i find it kind of laughable that anyone could think they're underrated. i saw This Will Destroy You last night. obviously they aren't really considered metal but holy shit it was the most heavy and intense thing i've ever seen

Then you've probably got some sort of mental deficiency. They say 1 in 4 people suffers form mental illness at some point in their life, yours is probably a failure to grasp the power and brilliance of early Maiden.
lol

also moot i am jelly of this will destroy you, they're pretty great.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
So...seems I got a warning for that. Seems tongue in cheek doesn't come across too well via text. For those who were in any doubt I was having a laugh and had no malicious intent to insult someone. Though it's a pretty sad state of affairs when I have to point something that glaringly obvious out.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
regardless of whether it was tongue in cheek i don't really care for people being dicks about mental illness

i got a vinyl copy of A Fine Day To Exit today, the sleeve is all backwards
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/pf0afaGl.jpg[/img139]

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
How was I being a dick about a mental illness? What I was on about isn't a mental illness, I wasn't suggesting he was depressed or schizophrenic or OCD or something like that.

I was on about music, and the listening, appreciating and understanding of music is something that happens mentally, and it's obvious that they don't like it, so I made the joking assumption that liking Maiden was the norm, and given music is by it's very nature objective, it's the subjective interpretation that occurs mentally that is the difference between people liking and not liking it, so when coupled with my premise that liking maiden is the norm, there must be something not firing, or not quite right to not appreciate maiden.

It was basically logic and a tongue in cheek assumption.