• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I've heard a lot of praise for them, but they've never really appealed to me enough to actually listen to them.

I got the new Wardruna album earlier this week. It's pretty special. Again not metal, but linked to metal by Gaahl (formally of Gorgoroth) being involved.
[video=youtube;-Fvit1GeoU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fvit1GeoU4[/video]

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Seeing how out of the loop I am and how broad my tastes are, the only thing I have to say for now is that Infestissuman is excellent, in responding to the ghost discussion 3 posts up, if it can be conisdered a discussion. Not what they offered the first time round, but I love the feeling that holy chanting combined with the metal stylings of Kind Diamond offers. As said very 70s, but my god is that a feel that can rarely be reproduced correctly, and I thank the metal gods they do so well in that department. Jigolo Har Meggido is the Con Clavi Con Dio of this album, if not surpassing it. God ****ing damn it that middle bit, chills.

Oh and, rotting Christs new album also kicked ***. That is all. Wasn't too happy with Orange Goblin though. New Cathedral should make up for the lack of albums so far though.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
The Flight of Icarus by SilverLane is great.
Also like Anima Mundi by Dionysus.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I only heard the track they did the video for, but it didn't do much for me I'm afraid. But then I've always found them very hit and miss. White Tomb was the album I listened to most, and the first half, or 'Earth' tracks were fine, but then the second half, the 'Through the Collapse' tracks really didn't do anything for me.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i have done a complete 180 on Opeth's Deliverance in the last few weeks. god damn it's great, especially the title track and A Fair Judgement. got this in the post today B)

Zantera

Deliverance is pretty sweet. Wreath, title-track, A Fair Judgement, Masters Apprentices, neat stuff.

I will also recommend the new Polkadot Cadaver album, "Last Call in Jonestown". Avant-Garde Metal very influenced by Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle and Faith No More) but darker, with sinister lyrics and just fun music overall. Mix between metal and pretty much everything else you can find. I love it.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
The new album has been getting fantastic reviews so I would recommend checking it out. Black Metal can often be hit or miss for me, but in this case it's a homerun pretty much.
I probably will at some point. I just feel I'm enjoying so much music at the moment that there's not room for anything new right now.

i have done a complete 180 on Opeth's Deliverance in the last few weeks. god damn it's great, especially the title track and A Fair Judgement. got this in the post today B)

I've never really gotten on with that album. Especially live, they just seemed the least interesting songs and they never seemed to end. Especially the 3 minute chug at the end of the title track. My problem with Opeth is I feel I've had my day with them, like I'm never going to care enough to revisit the albums I didn't like, and it's rare I will listne to the ones I do/did.

I re-re-descovered the joys of W.A.S.P. this afternoon. The self titled is what Heavy Metal is all about.
I've also been listening to a lot of Seirom (1973 is an essential album if you ask me, this track is one of my favourites), Sisters of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, Sorror Dolorosa, The Cure, M83, Fall out Boy, various uplifting Trance artists, Jess and the Ancient Ones and Slowedive. Very little metal, but I honestly don't care.

The new album has been getting fantastic reviews so I would recommend checking it out. Black Metal can often be hit or miss for me, but in this case it's a homerun pretty much.

It's quite good, I've listened to it quite a bit.

Deliverance used to be one of my favorite albums by them, but I haven't listened to it recently.

And I'm jealous ;__;

And finally, the new DEP album is rather good.

chiming in to say that deliverance is a great album, quite possibly their 5th best.

also nothing has toppled amends off my aoty 2013. nothing has even come remotely close, to be honest. new tesseract will hopefully be a solid 4.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Yeah, I feel there's a bit of a dry spell at the moment.
Since the start of April all I have in terms of new albums are

Gloryhammer
The Soundtrack from Spring Breakers
Wardruna
M83's soundtrack to Oblivion
Fall out Boy
The Meads of Asphodel
Kulturkampf
Anahata Sacred Sound Current.

And of those the only one likely to make the end of year list is Fall out Boy.

Edit: so shortly after posting that I find some really good music. Only a single demo track, but it's hitting all the right spots for me in terms of black metal
[video=youtube;rYqw2AahezM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqw2AahezM[/video]

Last edited:

Zantera

I'm yet to see them, what sort of setlist was it?

The setlist looked like this:

-intro-
1. Limbs
2. Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires
3. Falling Snow
4. Faustian Echoes
5. The Melancholy Spirit
6. You Were But a Ghost in My Arms
7. In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
8. Kneel to the Cross
-encore--
9. Our Fortress is Burning I
10. Our Fortress is Burning II: Bloodbirds
11. Our Fortress is Burning III: The Grain

They delivered. Also picked up Faustian Echoes on vinyl, and will get my Pale Folklore vinyl soon as well. :)

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I never took to Faustian Echoes the same way I did other stuff. Then again, I think around the time of Ashes when their sound seemed to shift from the neo folk influence to the post rock influence my liking seems to drop if that makes sense.

The new Skagos album came in the post today. Only one play, but it does have top 10 for the year potential.