• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

i think it's worth just sucking it up and buying an mp3 player of some kind than listening to radio stations. but i really don't like listening to music that i don't want to listen to so i may be biased.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
No, that's a very logical position to hold. As it stands my itunes has exactly 16,600 songs, from a whole plethora of genres that satisfies a plethora of moods. Why then would I choose to listen to someone else's choices of song, when I have so many of my own that I want to listen to? My brother always puts the radio on when doing his weight lifting, and its so frustrating, limited playlist, annoying bloke chatting, adverts. Really bugs me when I have an ipod radio transmitter he could borrow.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
While I get where you guys are coming from, I personally didn't factor in availability of MP3s, and kinda meant it as a solution without anything else kinda like me. I loathe hearing the same song within an hour, but the station gives me my fix, as my lack of proper internet doesn't allow access to downloads.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
So, Dream Theater have a new song out, big who--

[video=youtube;RoVAUUFjl0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoVAUUFjl0I[/video]

Hey, parts of this sound very different! Pieces of this sound similar to the writing from (as I remember it) Spiral Architect's A Sceptic's Universe, or maybe Symphony X's "Iconoclast". Maybe it is actually completely normal and I just cannot remember worth a damn. Either way, I'm kind of excited for this in a way that I guess I really haven't been excited for anything Dream Theater has done in some time.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Well, yes but moreso in a literal sense.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
So out of curiosity, do you guys have any metal stations where you live? And if you do are you guys satisfied with em, or do you have no need for em? Am wondering cause lately radio is the only way to get my fix, and I'm somewhat miffed with my choices. On one hand you have a full 80s station playing the classics, with some new stuff, and then a more experimental station that has loads of black, prog, and so on. Power flits between both oddly enough, but there's NO doom. Not even a single song. Shitloads of Dio though, so there is a plus. But yeah, it gets a bit boring, the 80s station plays the same 100 or so songs now and then.

Not at all, it's all pop, spanish, and mainstream rap. I don't even listen to the radio anyways, I have my ways of listening to music. Imo, the radio's died a long time ago and even the what's suppose to be metal stations is filled with alternative, punk, and modern rock. When they say "metal" stations I expect it to be metal not alternative. I think the heaviest bad I've heard on the radio and this was about 7 years ago was Godsmack and that's when I quit listening to it. But, that's where I used to live, about 9 years ago they actually had "metal". They would play bands like Pantera, Mastadon, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying (surprising to hear metalcore lol), Slayer, Arch Enemy, Rage Against the Machine (kind ify) and even on occasions they would play bands like DevilDriver, Job For A Cowboy, etc but it was very rare; once in a blue moon. I want those radio stations back, I don't remember the station but it was legit.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I thought that A Dramatic Turn of Events was at least reinvigorated in the writing department. The lyrics were still the same Petrucci ********, but I really don't think most people turn to Dream Theater for the lyrics.

i don't think lyrics factor into the quality of music at all anyway. new dream theater tends to be something that i get just because the band is ok and the album tends to be ok.

i think it's worth just sucking it up and buying an mp3 player of some kind than listening to radio stations. but i really don't like listening to music that i don't want to listen to so i may be biased.

Which is what I do, since local radio stations almost always suck.

Anyone wanting some new Atmospheric black metal, have a listen to these chaps.
Very Wodensthrone esque if you ask me.
[video=youtube;qhqTYNeQ7Yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhqTYNeQ7Yo[/video]

Will listen in a few minutes.