• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't think I've listened to anything from this year yet. Thankfully, there were still some really, really good albums in 2013.

Not sure why I haven't posted here before, despite looking through this thread quite a bit.

All That Remains
Asking Alexandria
Bullet For My Valentine(Except Temper Temper)
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth(Only a few songs)
Dead Silence Hides My Cries
Erase the Verges
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Lamb of God
Make Them Suffer
Motionless In White
My Autumn
Of Burning Empires
Parasite Inc.
Regain the Legacy
Silence of Despair
Slipknot
The Agonist
The Kings After Fall
Thy Art is Murder

Zantera

While I haven't heard it yet, some friends have been saying really good things about the new Behemoth, and I also noticed that Anthony Fantano (The Needle Drop on Youtube) gave it a 9 out of 10. While I find the typical black metal image to be pretty lame and laughable, and I've never cared for what I've heard from the band before, maybe the new album is different? I guess I could give it a shot if it's actually good.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Black Metal has never been my thing to be honest. I've always been a death metal/deathcore kinda guy. I like The Black Dahlia Murder though, who are kinda black metal infused deathcore.

I also like metalcore and hardcore too :).

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Oof. Calling Black Dahlia Murder a rip-off of another band is sketchy dude. Their fans are more hardcore than 1-D's lmao!

BDM definitely have a black metal element to their sound though.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
In what way? All I can really see is some of the vocals are reminiscent of some black metal vocalists. But compositionally it's just melodaeth/metalcore. But I admit I've not listened to an awful lot, just a a handful of videos over the years.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
[video=youtube;cbFpoocyLYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbFpoocyLYE[/video]

There's a new Rauhnåcht album out next month. They aren't an outstanding band, but they are incredibly solid and very pleasing when you're in the right mood.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Neither are a band I care enough about any more to really bother with.

I'm more excited that the new Dark Forest (UK) album is out. Vocals are a bit iffy at times, but musically it's spot on, some of the best melodic heavy/power metal guitar playing you'll hear all year (and arguably since the 80's)

Mister_SGG

Idk if the thread regulars here are too cool for Metallica but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Dk_gCbeT0

Yesterday, Metallica premiered a new song called "The Lords of Summer" which according to Ulrich is representative of their creative mindset right now, and the rest of the record.

Personally, I like it. The quality is awful pretty much on every video available right now, so I'm awaiting an official upload from Metallica, but what I hear is good. It sounds very thrashy and old school.