• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metalheads? anybody?

SlipKnoT

Slayer, Metallica (early), Pantera, Killswitch Engage, System of a Down (Alternative Metal, if it counts), Dethklok, Nightwish, Megadeth, Opeth, Tool (partially metal), In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Sepultura (Earlier), Shadows Fall, and I could keep going but I'm rather lazy. I'm also keeping myself from saying "Slipknot", because I know I'm pretty much alone in considering them metal.

Speaking of metal, I could really use the names of a few good Metalcore/Groove Metal/Thrash Metal bands, I'd like to make my taste a little more diverse.

Essencewing

Muckraking Trainer
Well, I'm not sure about total metalhead, but I listen to Pantera, Nightwish, System of A Down, and Black Sabbath. Occasionally Megadeth (Guitar Hero) and I have heard only one track by Dethkok and I want to find more.

EDIT: add Dream Theatre to that list.

Second Edit: Now I'm a total metalhead listening to Early Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Tool, All That Remains, Trivium, and pretty much any metal biffed at me.

Last edited:

Blastoise720

what an EPIC FAIL
oh man i love metal

IRON MAIDEN pantera metallica (early lol just like everyone else) dethklok anthrax megadeth slayer all that remains those are my favorites lol i got a lot more but that covers my best

Not really a Metalhead. But I like some bands such as Metallica/Iron Maiden/Megadeth/etc.
System of A Down
I'm sorry. But SoAD is just...the most ****ed up band. Idk what they are but they're not metal.

Power Metal and Symphonic Metal. The rest is too hardcore for my poor heart.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Megadeth, Metallica, System of A Down, Unearth, 403, Disturbed (is it o.o?), Slayer, Lamb of Gods (is it o.o?), Iron Maiden, Fear Factory (is it o.o?), and DragonForce. Thats right, I listen to DragonForce. And yes, I can tell the difference between their music >:^D.

Dimbat

Arr...
Any fans of Testament here?

Testament! Good band, yes. Though 60 minute sound checks do get boring..

As far as metal goes, I'm more into the Folk/Viking as the main dish, with a healthy chunk of Power on the side, covered in a sauce of Black, with a bit of most other genres lightly sprinkled over the top.

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
I guess I can consider myself a "metalhead"

Megadeth, Metallica (Kill Em All to ...And Justice for All era), Pantera, Black Sabbath, DragonForce (in small doses), Testament, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Nightwish

Rave

Banned
I wouldn't say metalhead, but someone who likes to listen to this kind of music.

Been listening to Killswitch Engage, Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Bullet for my Valentine.

I'm just listening to many kinds to see which ones I like.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
The Absence, Adema, Alice In Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Amen, American Headcharge, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anthrax, Anti-Flag, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Authority Zero, Backyard Babies, Bad Religion, Baroness, Battlelore, Billy Talent, Biomechanical, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Bloodsimple, Bowling For Soup, Boy Sets Fire, Breaking Benjamin, Breed 77, Bruce Dickinson, Buckcherry, Bush, The Casualties, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, Chimaira, Chrome Division, Chuck Schuldiner, Cirith Ungol, Cold, Coldseed, Communic, Control Denied, Crazy Town, Cream, Crimson Glory, Crowbar, Cynic, Daath, Damage Plan, Dark Angel, Darkest Hour, Dark Tranquillity, Dave Navarro, Death, Death Angel, Deftones, Demons &; Wizards, Destruction, DevilDriver, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, The Distillers, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Entombed, Exodus, The Exploited, Fear Factory, Fireball Ministry, Foo Fighters, Forbidden, Forever Never, Fuel, Glenn Hughes, God Forbid, Godsmack, Gorefest, Grand Magus, Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hammerfall, Hatebreed, Hatesphere, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Hell Yeah, High On Fire, Hinder, Hole, Hoobastank, Hurt, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ignite, Ill Nino, In Flames, Incubus, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Jerry Cantrell, Joe Satriani, Ed Alleyne Johnson, Johnny Cash, Kansas, Killswitch Engage, The Kinks, Korn, Kreator, Kyuss, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Lenny Kravitz, Less Then Jake, Life of Agony, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Mercenary, Mercyful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Michelle Branch, Misfits, Monster Magnet, Morbid Angel, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Mushroom Head, My Dying Bride, Mystic Prophecy, Nevermore, New Model Army, Nickelback, Nine Black Alps, Nirvana, No Doubt, NOFX, Oasis, Obituary, Offspring, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, Onslaught, Opeth, Overkill, Panic Cell, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paradise Lost, Pearl Jam, Pennywise, Pentagram, A Perfect Circle, Pixies, Possessed, Puddle of Mudd, Queens of the Stone Age, Queensryche, R.E.M., Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Ramones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rise Against, Roxette, Saliva, Sanctorum, Sanctuary, Santana, Scar Symmetry, Scorpions, Seether, Sentenced, Sepultura, Seven Witches, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shatter Messiah, Sick of it All, Silverchair, Skindred, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Soil, Soilwork, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, SSS, Staind, Stampin' Ground, Static-X, Sting, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Sugarcult, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Superjoint Ritual, The Sword, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tankard, Terror, Testament, Therapy?, Third Eye Blind, 36 Crazyfists, 40 Below Summer, Three Inches of Blood, Thunderstone, Tiamat, Tool, Trapt, Trivium, Tsunami Bomb, Turisas, Twelfth Gate, Type O Negative, Ugly Kid Joe, Unloco, Vallenbrosa, Venom, Wednesday 13, Wicked Wisdom, Within Temptation, Weezer, White Zombie etc etc etc

Copy & pasted from my myspace, but it does say it all really :p

Brettt

satirist
Imperial Dragon is really the closest thing to a metalhead here. Everyone above him is just naming mainstream pop bands, though kudos to Tyler for the Cannibal Corpse mention. I prefer metalcore and death metal genres, bands such as Job for a Cowboy, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada (though some people consider that screamo) Coldseed, In Flames. I could go on longer than Imperial Dragon, but I'd rather not, its just kinda funny when people consider slayer and metallica "metal".

EDIT: Imperial Dragon, give yourself a pat on the back, I had no idea anyone else had ever even heard of Celtic Frost. Obviously you and I are the only seasoned metalheads here.

SlipKnoT

The Absence, Adema, Alice In Chains, Alien Ant Farm, Amen, American Headcharge, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anthrax, Anti-Flag, Arch Enemy, At The Gates, Authority Zero, Backyard Babies, Bad Religion, Baroness, Battlelore, Billy Talent, Biomechanical, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Bloodsimple, Bowling For Soup, Boy Sets Fire, Breaking Benjamin, Breed 77, Bruce Dickinson, Buckcherry, Bush, The Casualties, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, Chimaira, Chrome Division, Chuck Schuldiner, Cirith Ungol, Cold, Coldseed, Communic, Control Denied, Crazy Town, Cream, Crimson Glory, Crowbar, Cynic, Daath, Damage Plan, Dark Angel, Darkest Hour, Dark Tranquillity, Dave Navarro, Death, Death Angel, Deftones, Demons &; Wizards, Destruction, DevilDriver, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, The Distillers, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Drowning Pool, Entombed, Exodus, The Exploited, Fear Factory, Fireball Ministry, Foo Fighters, Forbidden, Forever Never, Fuel, Glenn Hughes, God Forbid, Godsmack, Gorefest, Grand Magus, Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hammerfall, Hatebreed, Hatesphere, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Hell Yeah, High On Fire, Hinder, Hole, Hoobastank, Hurt, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ignite, Ill Nino, In Flames, Incubus, Into Eternity, Iron Maiden, Jerry Cantrell, Joe Satriani, Ed Alleyne Johnson, Johnny Cash, Kansas, Killswitch Engage, The Kinks, Korn, Kreator, Kyuss, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Lenny Kravitz, Less Then Jake, Life of Agony, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Lit, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Mercenary, Mercyful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Michelle Branch, Misfits, Monster Magnet, Morbid Angel, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Mushroom Head, My Dying Bride, Mystic Prophecy, Nevermore, New Model Army, Nickelback, Nine Black Alps, Nirvana, No Doubt, NOFX, Oasis, Obituary, Offspring, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet, Onslaught, Opeth, Overkill, Panic Cell, Pantera, Papa Roach, Paradise Lost, Pearl Jam, Pennywise, Pentagram, A Perfect Circle, Pixies, Possessed, Puddle of Mudd, Queens of the Stone Age, Queensryche, R.E.M., Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Ramones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rise Against, Roxette, Saliva, Sanctorum, Sanctuary, Santana, Scar Symmetry, Scorpions, Seether, Sentenced, Sepultura, Seven Witches, Sevendust, Shadows Fall, Shatter Messiah, Sick of it All, Silverchair, Skindred, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Soil, Soilwork, Soulfly, Soundgarden, Spineshank, SSS, Staind, Stampin' Ground, Static-X, Sting, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Sugarcult, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Superjoint Ritual, The Sword, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tankard, Terror, Testament, Therapy?, Third Eye Blind, 36 Crazyfists, 40 Below Summer, Three Inches of Blood, Thunderstone, Tiamat, Tool, Trapt, Trivium, Tsunami Bomb, Turisas, Twelfth Gate, Type O Negative, Ugly Kid Joe, Unloco, Vallenbrosa, Venom, Wednesday 13, Wicked Wisdom, Within Temptation, Weezer, White Zombie etc etc etc

Copy & pasted from my myspace, but it does say it all really :p
Although the mention of Slipknot, American Head Charge, and Tool alone left me pleased with your list, the bolded artists left me a tad confused. LP? LB? Lenny Kravitz?

Also, Brett, deary, how exactly is Slayer not metal? .-.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Well I like a variety of bands as long as they are in some way rock influenced... I love a bit of Cream though, gotta enjoy a bit of Eric Clapton. As for the others... Bowling For Soup and Billy Talent aren't the heaviest of bands but I enjoy the energy, and BT's guitarist is alright for a lighter band. Blink 182, I've always enjoyed their music, and Greenday's earlier work is still pretty good. Lenny Kravitz's 'Fly Away' has always been a great song in my opinion, which was the main reason I started listening to him. Linkin Park, again, always enjoyed their music ever since I heard Hybrid Theory years ago. Meat Loaf is just classic. As for Nirvana, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots and The Smashing Pumpkins, I love my grunge and decent rock, which is why I enjoy Nickelback, since in my opinion they are one of the best straight up rock acts in recent years. NOFX are great for comedy value too, and Santana's just a legend, no different to listening to Johnny Cash or Elvis really.

And a big cheers to Brettt for the kind words. Luckily where I live, all the genres of metal have a strong following so Nottingham is a very cultured town in a metal sense, Celtic Frost and Kreator played here last year actually. By the way, are you a fan of Hellhammer too?

Also, personally if I had to choose a top 5 bands, they would be: Nevermore, The Haunted, Paradise Lost, Kreator and Death.

Dimbat

Arr...
its just kinda funny when people consider slayer and metallica "metal".

That's a shocking thing to say. I'm guessing 95% of metal fans would disagree with you there, and another 4.999% would disagree with you if you specify "pre-1990". Care to explain why you think this?

Evil_Lathander

Pokémon forever
I do not see Dimmu Borgir in those bandlists :p

I have just about 200 CD from various bands... can't really name em all, would take too long

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
And a big cheers to Brettt for the kind words. Luckily where I live, all the genres of metal have a strong following so Nottingham is a very cultured town in a metal sense, Celtic Frost and Kreator played here last year actually. By the way, are you a fan of Hellhammer too?

Damn you people and living in decent places!

I listen to a lot of older metal... mostly Black Sabbath, but I listen to a few other metal bands and a few which are kind of ambiguous, but still sufficiently heavy. I listen to... well, some Iron Maiden, anyway - I don't have many of their albums, though. I also listen to Tool A WHOLE FUGGIN' LOT - likewise to Dream Theater. I listen to Monster Magnet, a band sometimes listed as being metal, though, more appropriately they're considered to be stoner rock. Similarly, Rush is sometimes stated to be metal though they're really more in-line with being prog-rock.

As far as '70s metal goes, though? What really tops my list (at the moment, of course) are Motorhead's "Overkill" and "Bomber" albums...

-T.F.

DragonDance

thrasher
I've really been digging !T.O.O.H.!, Necrophagist, and other Tech death bands lately.

Though I'm a thrash fan 100%. MEgadeth Kreator, Nevermore, Slayer, Testament, Sepultura, etc.

I do not see Dimmu Borgir in those bandlists :p

Good. Dimmu is one of the worst metal bands there are. Along the lines of DragonForce, Trivium, and Cradle of Filth.

Last edited: