• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metaphor galore

de herro

Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 200 Spe / 56 HP
Timid / Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Chansey @ Eviolite
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpDef
Bold / Natural Cure
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpDef
Relaxed / Iron Barbs
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Breloom @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Jolly / Technician
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 SpDef
Timid / Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpDef
Adamant / Multiscale
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Are you sure this is meant to be an in-game team? Because things like Spikes/Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn and Rapid Spin on Starmie, despite being incredibly useful in competitive matches, are totally useless in-game. The AI almost never switches, and very few opponents carry 6 Pokemon, so you won't get much bang for your buck with entry hazards. Likewise, it's equally rare for in-game opponents to use entry hazards, so Rapid Spin isn't going to do much of anything.

For in-game it tends to be preferable to put Curse + Power Whip in place of Spikes + Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn, and Psychic in place of Rapid Spin on Starmie. Of course, if you meant for this to be competitive, then keep it as is.

Aurath8

I'm assuming you mean 6 HP on Breloom. If only you could put 510 EVs in one stat...
Anyway, Swords Dance over Low Sweep on Breloom. Spore will almost guarantee you a free turn to use it, and you'll be punching much bigger holes with +2 Mach Punch than an unboosted Low Sweep.

I'm debating the use of Rapid Spin on Starmie. The only SR weak pokemon is Dragonite who, with that Lum Berry, Outrage, Extremespeed and lacking Roost, seems to be more of a late-game cleaner than anything. For most of the match he'll be tucked away until the time is right. Not to mention you have Wish on Chansey to heal teammates anyway.
I'd go with Recover. I've used Starmie competitively before and with 3 attacks + recovery you get an incredibly efficent and self-sufficient sweeper. It's especially effective with Starmie as it has Natural Cure, so it can't be crippled by status, can heal off residual damage and Life Orb recoil and still hit like a truck with LO Hydro Pump.

I've noticed that you're quite Sun weak. 3/6 members are weak to Fire and Starmie's Hydro Pump will be nerfed. Chansey can only wall stuff leaving only it and Dragonite to take on most/all of the opponents. If we take Venusaur with Sleep Powder / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Fire] / Growth then 4 of your pokemon are as good as KO'd. Not to mention that it can use Sleep Powder on Chansey/Dragonite which thanks to the damned sleep mechanics is also very dangerous. And, of course, your opponent still has 4 other pokemon and Ninetales. Thankfully Sun is only 3rd most used of the weathers so its unlikely that one will turn up. Still be wary.

Ignoring that a Sun team could tear this apart, this is a pretty good team.

i dont know why does your dragonite have extremespeed when you haev dragon dance your going to be very fast already why

I'm from Smogon Competitive this wouldnt work in competitive also please post descriptions thankyou

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Going against what Aurath8 said I do think Rapid Spin on Starmie serves a good purpose on this team since, by removing entry hazards, you can switch in Dragonite with Multiscale intact, which is always a helpful thing to be able to do. Relying on Wish recovery on Chansey should be fine, imo.

Do Jirachi's given EVs help you in outspeeding anything, by the way? 20 Spe + Timid seems a bit random, idk. Then again I can't say I know a whole heap about Jirachi and how it's used.

As a potential counter to sun teams, maybe Earthquake could be used > Extremespeed on Dragonite to hit Fire-types hard? You do miss out on the priority provided by Extremespeed, so if you go down this option you might want to run Jolly nature instead of Adamant.

There's really not much I can say, apart from nice team and it's great to have you back.

Earthquake would do nicely, but a more permanent / reliable solution would be better to keep me safe from sun. Any suggestions?

6 HP of course, merely a typo on my part. I won't always be able to get a Spore / Swords Dance off due to Breloom's lacklustrer defences and Speed. Low Sweep is strong enough to OHKO or 2HKO a lot anyways. I'll try Swords Dance anyways.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
ofc I get here late and miss most everything.

Atleast slash in Aromartherapy on Chansey somewhere, as it's incredibly useful for being a cleric.

Stealth Rock > Spikes, as more or less Rocks takes less time to set up and alleviates the need to get rid of Dragonite's Multiscale.

Although Starmie is a Spinner, I think it will want Recover to help keep it alive incase you need to Spin again. As with your current set, it seems the focus is Sweeping.

Man I wish your activity wasn't haywire.

thinking of replacing Jirachi with Heatran for SR and sun

Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Modest / Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Aurath8

thinking of replacing Jirachi with Heatran for SR and sun

Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Modest / Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Good call. In my experience, Sun teams just kind of flop over and die at the sight of this thing.
The EVs aren't outspeeding anything significant. Try 252 Spatk / 200 Spd / 56 HP. This lets you beat neutral base 70s like Breloom, Politoed, Skarmory, Metagross and... Castform I guess. Go with a Timid nature and you'll outspeed +Speed base 70s, if that wasn't apparent.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Politoed is Base 80, so even with max Spe you fail to outspeed.

Have you tried Specs / Scarf + Eruption on Heatran? It works incredibly well. However, I think you would need to get rid of Stealth Rock.