• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meterosexuality

Jink

DY-NO-MITE
Guys at my school have tried to "impress" me by flexing their muscles, showing me their underarm hair (ohgodwhy), and making me (as in pulling my hand over) feel their pecs. Personally, I really don't go for that kind of stuff. Most of these guys who have done that were covered in acne and their eyebrows resembled a Woolly Bear moth. Many guys at my school think that Axe is the equivalent to soap and water, so after wrestling practice, they just go to sleep and in the morning they spray it all over themselves. I prefer guys to are well kept, clean hair, nice skin, good teeth, etc. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance, nor is it feminine to do that.

More on topic, meterosexuality isn't a sexuality, as stated before tons of times. While I disagree with there needing to be a word to describe a guy who cares about how he looks, it's really just a type of lifestyle.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I'd like to hear what you people think of this 'sexuality', if you believe it really is one, if it's a fad, whatever. If it turns into a debate, I suppose it could always be moved.

I'm gonna have to say no. If Metrosexuality is a sexuality, then Atheism is a religion.

Dubble Flux

I take pride in my looks, I shave meticulously every day, I pick lint off my clothes, and I try to stay clean in general. However, I have a fade so I don't do up my hair and I'm not super "omg i must be sexy". I just look as good as I can without trippin'-out on it.

-DF

Yogurt

I don't mind guys caring a little about their looks but then again I haven't really seen it go overboard.

EmpressMyuu

Considering that the term can apply to heterosexuals or homosexuals, it's more of a personality trait than a valid sexuality. Maybe if we just hacked the term down to "metro" it would work better?

As for what I think of them, for the most part, they're okay. I mean some can be more superficial and vain than others (like some girls can be) but I like when a man takes care of himself. Now, if you're doing it for my attention (or you're simply trying to defeat the image of the stereotypical man), that's kind of sad.