• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Meterosexuality

SlipKnoT

Slipknot says: I was thinking about making a thread in the Debate Forum, though I'm not sure if it would really turn into anything
Babylon says: Do tell
Slipknot says: on the topic of Meterosexuality, and if it is or is not a valid sexual orientation
Slipknot says: I was wondering who in the forum would actually try to argue that it is
Slipknot says: I'm hard pressed to think of any
Babylon says: Can just make a topic about metrosexuality in Misc if ya want

I'd like to hear what you people think of this 'sexuality', if you believe it really is one, if it's a fad, whatever. If it turns into a debate, I suppose it could always be moved.

Ethan

Banned
As a side note, this topic is to discuss metrosexuality and it alone. Members that wish to bring up the more controversial topics of sexuality will be castrated via rabbid squirrel.

Grass

Gone For The Grass!
nah its deff not a "sexuality"
i just see it as a guy wanting to take care of themselves...
and there are diff lvls of it too...

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
As a side note, this topic is to discuss metrosexuality and it alone. Members that wish to bring up the more controversial topics of sexuality will be castrated via rabbid squirrel.

I prefer feeding the balls through the paper shredder.

Anyway, metrosexuality isn't a sexuality at all. Okay, the guy likes to look decent. And...?

I think we should change the name of it, to be honest, as it is, as stated, not really a sexuality, but... a lifestyle, I guess. The question is, what could it be called instead? 'Clean' just doesn't quite do it, I don't think.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
The idea that metrosexuality even exists is a nonsense manifestation of crude social stereotypes: that only women should care about their appearance, men should not be effeminate in any way, et cetera. I don't see what is particularly "manly" about being ZOMG SUPER SUPER BUFF nor do I see anything that is not "manly" in wearing clothing labelled "gay", wearing some form of make-up, and so on. If society is going to start picking out "straight" men who are slightly vain and label them "metrosexuals", then by God you may as well start picking out women who don't like to cook and label them something too. There is no false analogy: cooking and appearance are both two completely arbitrary characteristics which have been linked to gender. Metrosexuality a ridiculous label (and DEFINITELY not a sexuality) and those who accuse/tease others of being "metrosexual" are morons who can't think outside the boundaries implanted by society.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
I like cooking. >_>
I'm not "SUPER SUPER BUFF". <_<
BY GOD I'M METROSEXUAL!

S31R31

The 90's
I don't think it's a fad. I think it's more of a gender orientation.

oddsok

(^^,)
Agreed that it isn't a sexuality and that there are differnet levels of it. For example- I care about how I look but I wouldn't call myself a 'metrosexual'. I don't wear makeup, I don't work-out constantly, but that doesn't mean I want to look like crap all the time. I still care, but I'm not going to go so far as to wear makeup and take hours to prepare myself to go out. That's just silly.

KetchupO

tωisted
I'm what a lot of people would describe as 'metro'.
I don't agree with the term really & it most deffo isn't a sexuality.

There's nothing wrong with loving yourself/taking pride in your appearance & wanting to look your best.

Everyone is metrosexual to some degree. ;/

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
The idea that metrosexuality even exists is a nonsense manifestation of crude social stereotypes: that only women should care about their appearance, men should not be effeminate in any way, et cetera. I don't see what is particularly "manly" about being ZOMG SUPER SUPER BUFF nor do I see anything that is not "manly" in wearing clothing labelled "gay", wearing some form of make-up, and so on. If society is going to start picking out "straight" men who are slightly vain and label them "metrosexuals", then by God you may as well start picking out women who don't like to cook and label them something too. There is no false analogy: cooking and appearance are both two completely arbitrary characteristics which have been linked to gender. Metrosexuality a ridiculous label (and DEFINITELY not a sexuality) and those who accuse/tease others of being "metrosexual" are morons who can't think outside the boundaries implanted by society.

i admire your determination to change the whole of society with one post but unfortunately you'll have to accept that people will always "label" others (there are plenty of labels for women that don't like to cook btw...)

i agree that it's definitely NOT a "sexuality" but merely a media buzzword - don't look too far into it dudes

??????

That guy.
All you guys are flaming metrosexuals.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i just find them freaking annoying. that's all.

i dont think ive ever liked a single one.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
vain and uppity yes.