• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metroid Club

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
samus-aran-wallpaper-1920x1080-watch-vrdunaf7wcc4.jpg

Metroid Club

welcome to the metroid club where all planet life forms are welcomed!

the club where you can talk about anything and everything about Metroid.
Cosplay
Games
Collection
etc

How to join

I like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game:
What got you into playing Metroid?:
whats your favorite boss?:

Kutie Pie
00swms

Last edited:

Derald Snyder

I'm not sure I want to commit to actually joining, but I am a Metroid fan, and my favorite game is Metroid Prime. Got Samus Returns when it came out, managed to find 100% of items, and do a sub-4-hour run to see the Zero Suit :p Don't regret my purchase one bit.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This is gonna be a bit unconventional because I'm not a big gamer, but I really do like the Metroid series for its lore, atmosphere, and its soundtrack. It's a franchise that I'm sad Nintendo tends to neglect at times because you could pretty much make as many games for it like you could with Legend of Zelda, but I do understand that there's probably things to it that need closer attention to detail to help each game stand out while still being a Metroid game. That's probably why Metroid Fusion is so unique in that regard because it was different from the norm (while paying homage to its sci-fi/horror roots), but it built upon the lore and Samus' character. And that's also probably why people don't like Other M so much because it did the exact opposite while trying to imitate Metroid Prime.

So though I've made the attempt to play the games, it wasn't something I could get a hang of as quickly as I would've liked--and unfortunately, this isn't helped that by the time I did feel like I'd be able to play Prime all by myself and not have to watch my brother play it, the Wii broke and when we got a new one, we discovered it didn't have backwards compatibility. And it was a good few years before we got ourselves another GameCube (my brothers gave the first one away for some stupid reason), and by then I just never felt as motivated.

Oh yeah, I actually was part of the "Samus is a girl??!?" crowd, oddly enough, despite not once owning the original Metroid (I'm kind of surprised we never did, Dad sometimes still played the NES when I was a kid). Thanks to Super Smash Brothers, I thought Samus was a (male) robot/android for years. Then I just so happened to decide to go on the website just because and upon reading Samus' bio, I almost didn't believe it. I thought it was just a typo or just one of those speculation edits.

So yeah. (If it mentioned her gender on the game, I don't remember it.)

I like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game: Metroid Prime (it's still so freaking good)
What got you into playing getting to know Metroid?: Super Smash Brothers (Melee)
What's your favorite boss?: I'm having a hard time deciding between Omega Pirate and SA-X.​

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
This is gonna be a bit unconventional because I'm not a big gamer, but I really do like the Metroid series for its lore, atmosphere, and its soundtrack. It's a franchise that I'm sad Nintendo tends to neglect at times because you could pretty much make as many games for it like you could with Legend of Zelda, but I do understand that there's probably things to it that need closer attention to detail to help each game stand out while still being a Metroid game. That's probably why Metroid Fusion is so unique in that regard because it was different from the norm (while paying homage to its sci-fi/horror roots), but it built upon the lore and Samus' character. And that's also probably why people don't like Other M so much because it did the exact opposite while trying to imitate Metroid Prime.

So though I've made the attempt to play the games, it wasn't something I could get a hang of as quickly as I would've liked--and unfortunately, this isn't helped that by the time I did feel like I'd be able to play Prime all by myself and not have to watch my brother play it, the Wii broke and when we got a new one, we discovered it didn't have backwards compatibility. And it was a good few years before we got ourselves another GameCube (my brothers gave the first one away for some stupid reason), and by then I just never felt as motivated.

Oh yeah, I actually was part of the "Samus is a girl??!?" crowd, oddly enough, despite not once owning the original Metroid (I'm kind of surprised we never did, Dad sometimes still played the NES when I was a kid). Thanks to Super Smash Brothers, I thought Samus was a (male) robot/android for years. Then I just so happened to decide to go on the website just because and upon reading Samus' bio, I almost didn't believe it. I thought it was just a typo or just one of those speculation edits.

So yeah. (If it mentioned her gender on the game, I don't remember it.)

I like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game: Metroid Prime (it's still so freaking good)
What got you into playing getting to know Metroid?: Super Smash Brothers (Melee)
What's your favorite boss?: I'm having a hard time deciding between Omega Pirate and SA-X.​

welcome to the club! wow that is lot to read i absolutely love the metroid series. I acutally got metroid nes classic game last week XD I own it which i have super metroid, metroid zero missions, and metroid samus returns. I am gunna be playing through metroid fusion soon :) I cosplay samus which i did my first costume last year was zero suit samus other m version :) I will be building my power suit armor soon this year and will be cosplaying the smash 4 zero suit version. I haven't played prime versions yet but looking into it :)

Last edited:

00swms

Chaos Theory
I like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
What got you into playing Metroid?: Metroid Prime
whats your favorite boss?: Dark Samus

-00swms

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
What got you into playing Metroid?: Metroid Prime
whats your favorite boss?: Dark Samus

-00swms

welcome to the club zero :) glad to see you join because I know how much you love metroid too <3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago I went to my first con, and one of the pictures I took was of a Samus cosplayer, which I thought wasn't all that bad. I'll go ahead and put the picture up.

tumblr_inline_o8a6cyy2ww1ren8l7_500.jpg

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago I went to my first con, and one of the pictures I took was of a Samus cosplayer, which I thought wasn't all that bad. I'll go ahead and put the picture up.

tumblr_inline_o8a6cyy2ww1ren8l7_500.jpg
not bad which con was this one? I normally only go to youmacon and acen :) I be making mine soon out of wonderflex and ava foam which the ava foam parts are gunna help me move around better ^_^

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
not bad which con was this one?

It was the 2016 Phoenix Comicon. I had made a checklist of cosplays I'd liked to get pictures of, and Samus was one of them.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It was the 2016 Phoenix Comicon. I had made a checklist of cosplays I'd liked to get pictures of, and Samus was one of them.
cool never been there but its great that you got a picture of a samus cosplayer. I plan on doing alot of samus cosplaying in the near future can't wait plan on doing alot of different variations of her. I am collecting alot of stuff with her I got both other m figmas :) I saw the prime one and waiting to find it at a good price since its so expensive atm

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So I've been thinking that since this club now exists, I should get back into drawing this one picture I wanted to do of Samus facing off Metroid Prime since it had been years since I made the attempt to draw anything Metroid-related and I guess I wanted to practice my lighting and perspective more. So if I were to finish it, I could show it off here, or like show off every big WIP for advice and stuff. How's that sound?

I also wanna just want to get back into the mood of drawing in general, and so like practice drawings and stuff could be a thing. I could just do random sketches and stuff of whatever idea gets thrown out. *shrugs*

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So I've been thinking that since this club now exists, I should get back into drawing this one picture I wanted to do of Samus facing off Metroid Prime since it had been years since I made the attempt to draw anything Metroid-related and I guess I wanted to practice my lighting and perspective more. So if I were to finish it, I could show it off here, or like show off every big WIP for advice and stuff. How's that sound?

I also wanna just want to get back into the mood of drawing in general, and so like practice drawings and stuff could be a thing. I could just do random sketches and stuff of whatever idea gets thrown out. *shrugs*
oh wow that sounds great :D I love to see your drawings of samus ^_^ I thinking of on showing off my cosplay here if everyone wouldn't mind it XD I can also show my collection and etc but enough about me...I wonder how many people have played the new metroid game on the 3ds remake of samus returns :eek: I love that game personally they did a good job ^_^

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'll get to drawing when I can, then.

My brother's been playing Samus Returns, and he likes it so far. He's never played the original Metroid II, though, so it's basically new to him.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I'll get to drawing when I can, then.

My brother's been playing Samus Returns, and he likes it so far. He's never played the original Metroid II, though, so it's basically new to him.
cool can't wait to see them :) also yeah samus Returns is a really great game remake. The colors are amazing the melee is awesome they really need that in a game and the music is <3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I know I've said I'll get a pic up here to show a WIP, but I don't have that yet. But I thought of something last night I brought up in another unrelated thread that I wanted to throw out here just for the heck of it.

Could multiverses exist in Metroid? Parallel worlds already do (unless it was just unique to Aether), but could something like a split timeline or an alternate universe exist?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I know I've said I'll get a pic up here to show a WIP, but I don't have that yet. But I thought of something last night I brought up in another unrelated thread that I wanted to throw out here just for the heck of it.

Could multiverses exist in Metroid? Parallel worlds already do (unless it was just unique to Aether), but could something like a split timeline or an alternate universe exist?
been busy with things but hmmmm that would be interesting so far all games go through a timeline and then again I thought there was a game for metroid that doesn't fit the timeline

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Oh, Ridley confirmed for Smash Brothers. Thought there would've been some news about Metroid Prime 4, but it's probably a ways away. Still, though:

Ridley-Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate.jpg

Ridley looks great.
I freaking went like YESSSS when I saw ridley coming to smash <3 this is pretty awesome :)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have a question: in Metroid Fusion, what is the best way to defeat the spider boss without taking too much damage? I only beat it once with very little health and died just as I was reaching the next available save point meaning I was one screen away from the entry point.

I would like to join Please!
Favorite Metroid Game: Metroid Prime Hunters
What got you into playing Metroid: Metroid Zero Mission
whats your favorite boss?: Trace