• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Metronome is it useful or not?

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
no put in moves that your pokemon learn because then its CERTAIN.

I dont wanna have to use explosion on a level 5 magikarp I just fished. I mean, magikarp isnt that big a threat. Or is it.

Dark7

Aura Trainer
Metronome is a random move . You need luck to get the best move you want or you end up fainted.

Dawich77

Pref: Drag,Grass,Psy
ehh

i love metronome to be honest, (it's really fun to use!) but it sort of fell out of favor for me when my clefairy asploded...

HAHA thank you. asploded... that seriously made me laugh
but no. i dont think its useful AT ALL

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Only if your using it for fun.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There's a 1/467 chance that you'll use any particular move, and some moves fail upon use (i.e. metronoming Sketch). Add in that you cannot use any other moves that the Pokemon know, cannot use Struggle, and cannot Metronome the move Metronome, and your odds jump up a little to 438. This is abyssmal.

Youtube Metronome Wars to found out how fun Metronome can be.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Good part: Metronome and use something like Roar of Time or Flamethrower.

Bad part: Metronome and use Fling to throw attached item (especially ones like Exp. Share, Amulet Coin etc.)

ZombieLobster

RoflCopter is Down
There were two times when i used Metronome and i got Splash... and then there were times where i had full hp and i got some health move like Morning Sun

NES

Flip me to the side!
Absolutely not! But it is really fun to use sometimes, my Clefable from Pokemon Crystal used "explosion" in pokemon stadium 2 a lot of times thanks to this.

Hypno used fly, vine whip and splash too lol.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Haha! Metronome is the most amazing gamble ever! While younger, Togepi was my favorite pokemon, and I would usually keep metronome as my star attack. I got EXTREMELY lucky. Whenever Togepi's health was low, it would be a healing attack or a blow up attack. I didn't like the exploding everywhere, but healing was fine. Other than that, it was mostly Sp. Atk moves, with the occassional random/no help move.

My 2nd Togepi in a diff. game was unremarkable and I had horrid luck with Metronome in general, so I replaced it.

In Platinum, I had the luckiest Metronome all the way until it evolved into Togekiss. Serisously. I called it m physical Togepi! Haha. First time using it, it scored Sared Fire. Haha. And subsequent violent, strong attacks. <3'd that Togepi. It seemed to know the exact attack to do. It scored mulitple super effective's. I was super happy. But then...it evolved into Togekiss and all my luck turned. Then it started doing stupid attacks like light screen. -_-

But...Metronome is still an amazingly fun attack to use. Haha

I love the move metronome. It's so much fun and is completly unprdictable. I still remember getting Frenzy Plant twice in a row. What are the odds of that?

Vespiformation

Hi, im not gunna talk about metronome, but i didnt think it was worth making a new topic over, and this is the closes topic to do with moves, i need to know if outrage an attack, or special attack?

(i need this answer so i can choose the best nature for my garchomp, so which would be the best nautre?) thanks.

Dark44

one time i used metrnome and i got seed flare and one other time i got judgement;munchlax;<him made me lose a streak in the battle factory

pepperedfox

who's this n00b??
Metronome is fun xD I had it on Clefairy once, and it used Fly randomly, and I was sitting there going, "How does a Clefairy fly...?"

It used Splash too, which gave me a funny image xD

Battle-wise I don't think it's very useful, but it's still a fun move to use and all.