• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

metronome too strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cragsy

SPARTA!!
I was playing pokemon platinum when i came across a togepi who used areoblast on me. Togepi nearly wiped me out! has this happened to anyone else?

miu miu

My mew has the attack metronome and it once used judgement and sacred fire

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
not really but my togepi used magma storm and healing wish twice

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
my togepi learned metronome, the strongest attack its ever come up with for me was frenzy plant : / i dont usually use metronome

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Metronome isn't too powerful. There are 467 attacks, and only a few of those are legendary-only attacks or high-power regular attacks. The others could be any normal attack.

Anybody had a Togepi SelfDestruct themselves? :/

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Metronome sucks.

It's very unreliable, so I never use it. =/

Chrisjon

Mr. Sunshine
Metronome is not that great at all. Sure you might be lucky and get a very good move but chances are you are probably going to get a move you don't want.

well in my platinum game dawn's Celfariy used BlastBurn soo.....yeah it's not to strong because that move is a gamble...

Sprintking

I don't really find it unfair because it isn't like togepi has great stats anyway, so those powerful moves are only average in its hands.

My togepi once used Explosion... does not help it's happiness atall!!!

I think metronome is a great move when you're just messing around as in you're not in the battle tower or fighting a real person or gym leader/elite four (unless you're harcore and wanting a challenge).

My togepi in silver also used aeroblast =P i was so proud!! I think it may have used sacred fire aswell lol.

Orangefeather

Metronome isn't unfair, a lot of the moves stink. I made a joke OU team full of metronomers and I lost... A lot. But metronome battles can be funny.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Metronome is not that great at all. Sure you might be lucky and get a very good move but chances are you are probably going to get a move you don't want.

Metro fights are fun on shoddy battle. It is fun when using judgement and going oh em gee~!
But in real battles; NO! I would never use it.

M.S. Grimm

Berry Apprentice
Once on G/S/C i was fighting some pokemon with Metronome and it's successfully used an OHKO move followed by Explosion. Wrecked my two best pokemon.

Metronome is cool if i'm in the right mood. Sometimes it's amusing to see Golem Fly (TM 35 in R/B/Y) Other times, it's just aggrivating.

mangaeyes

I don't think its too strong at all. Its all about chance and luck. I've never really had a really strong attack from metronome ): I gave it to Mr.Mime in LeafGreen but nothing cool happend.

mangaeyes

It's far to much of a risk to be a dangerous move. Competetively it shouldn't be used.

Maybe not ultra-Uber-Overused-boring-generic-EV kinda competitive battling but I think it would be quite fun to use over wifi just to mess with people.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
It usually isn't great, but it's fun to mess around with. I'm actually considering doing a Metronome only playthrough on SS (HG will be my main). I'm going to need alot of PP re-healing items though :).

Metronome is awesome!

And no its not too strong; just as you could get aeroblast, you can get splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.