• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mew or Arecus?

Who is the Orginal One?

• Mew

Votes: 54 52.4%
  • Arceus

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Both

Votes: 18 17.5%

• Total voters

Lightey

Which one do you think is the actual "Original One"?
I think it's Mew, because it's from Gen 1. Back then "Mew is the rarest of all Pokemon." It was also the strongest. Now, 3 gens later, 11 years later, they decide, "Let's make a Pokemon that tops Mew!!!!" I actually Arceus is ugly.

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
arceus is hideous, and mew it says "it is believed tp be the first pokemon, not to mention it looks awesome compared to arceus...

darksign

Arceus is an ugly goat...
Mew is better.

zeno48

Zaker!
Arceus is an ugly goat...
Mew is better.

Could not agree more with you. Mew is cute and lovable while arceus imo doesn't stand out much. I would never use it.

iTraviz

Snorlax is beast :D
i honestly really like cute strong pokemon rather than ugly weird skinny arceus

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I personally prefer Arceus, for the simple reason that I strongly dislike Mew.

JQ2ujrx

Burned By Passion
Mew is so lovable and powerful...Aeceus is just powerful, it's impossible to love. Plus, Mew is the original omnipotent pokemon.

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Mew. I'm not a fan of it, but Mew is much better than Arceus.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Arceus is called "The Orginal One". Therefore it is "The Orginal One".
How can Mew be the orginal one? Oo

JQ2ujrx

Burned By Passion
Arceus is called "The Orginal One". Therefore it is "The Orginal One".
How can Mew be the orginal one? Oo

I don't mean in the mythology, I mean appearance wise...Mew was around since the first generation (even though it was only available via. glitch)

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Close Contest. I mean, arceus and mew can both learn all tm's and hm's, and get insane level up moves. I'd say arceus, because the one thing it has over mew- it can take on any type.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I like Arceus more than Mew for a number of reasons:

Looks cooler (A pink cat... Really?)
Better Ability: Multitype (Mew is forever Psychic, meaning it is weak to Bug, Dark, and Ghost...)
Better Moveset, not counting TMs

Better stats.

Other wise, it's for the fact that there are those certain people who say "Meyw is teh gawd of Pogeymans, not Arceas..."

I believe, Arceus created the Universe, the 3 Dragons, etc. And then he created Mew, which Arceus used to create all the species of Pokemon ever discovered (ya know the whole Mew is genetically linked to all Pokemon thing...)

CurseMark4Life

Mew has always been my favorite legendary that you were unable to get through game purposes. Mew was so cool in the 1st movie too!

<333MEW ;151; 4 EVER<333

321ElliOt

Lapras Tamer
Arceus is the god but mew is the origin of pokemon, gamefreak kind of double crossed themselves there :L

321ElliOt

Lapras Tamer
I believe, Arceus created the Universe, the 3 Dragons, etc. And then he created Mew, which Arceus used to create all the species of Pokemon ever discovered (ya know the whole Mew is genetically linked to all Pokemon thing...)

I think you're dead on about that but i dissagree that arceus is cooler
you see arceus you know it's gotta be powefull but mew suprises you and is WAY cooler

;151;<--- that #@*$% owns :L