• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mew vs Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smugleaf&Mudkip

Heart Tamer
Arceus is by far the more powerful, but I like Mew 10 X better - he has a much happier and naive, childish nature.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mew is better than Arceus.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Even though Arceus has the highest stats, Mew could probably devise a strategy to defeat him. (And I prefer Mew over Arceus anyway for obvious reasons, hurr hurr.)

Now Arceus versus MEWTWO, on the other hand, seeing as the two can equally square off...

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Even though Arceus has the highest stats, Mew (And I prefer Mew over Arceus anyway for obvious reasons, hurr hurr.)

fetishes ftw

I think Mew would win. Mew can learn EVERY move. Pretty hard to top that.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
Probably Mew, Arceus has the advantage of can be any type, but still Mew.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Wouldn't this be a poll?
Anyway Obviously Arceus
493.gif

Can beat Mew in a battle. However the cute little mew can defeat arceus in just about everything else
151.gif

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Arceus vs. Mew?
Hmm...
Well, Arceus has higher stats in EVERY STAT, a movepool the size of a lake, unique move that always takes STAB, and... is based on a mystical giraffe.

Mew has lower stats, a movepool the size of an ocean, no unique moves at all, and... I don't know what this thing's based on.

But I prefer Mew because it has a LOT more move options. Legit-wise, it gets every TM, HM, and Move Tutor Moves, which gives it some more options than Arceus (Mew gets TM 45: Attract, whatever that'll do...). Glitch-wise, Mew gets TRANSFORM, which allows it to get up to 3 Sketch-able moves through my favorite 4th Generation glitch. Meaning, Mew can get: Dark Void, Judgment, Seed Flare, Psycho Boost, Spore, Sacred Fire, Aeroblast, Spacial Rend, Dragon Dance, Cosmic Power, Shadow Force, Roar of Time, etc.

So screw Arceus, Mew is still better. Plus, I liked Mew since Generation I. I never liked Arceus to begin with. Oh, and I like the shiny Mew better than shiny Arceus.

I thought this topic was going to be about the true origin of pokémon. Arceus being the creator, and Mew being the ancestor of pokémon.

If we're talking combat-wise, both Mew and Arceus have an impressive movepool to fight with. However, stats don't lie. Arceus would win most most of the time against Mew. There is the off-chance that Mew can win, if it's Sashed and fires a Thunder Wave, and Arceus just happens to repeatedly be unable to move due to paralysis...

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Mew of course. He can learn ant TM and is the original "god" of pokemon....

Juzey

Shaymin fan!
Arceus would probably win in a battle, but Mew's much cuter, so for me Mew wins.

OthersiderME

Captain Obvious
Agreeing with a whole lot of the people here. Mew wins in cuteness, Arceus wins in power. Though I think a certain clone of Mew might beat Arceus in battle.
;150; ;151;<-- they both win!

Status
Not open for further replies.