• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mew vs Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

addonexus

2 extremespeeds from arceus and mew is done,play ubers and you'll see how powerful arceus is,arceus sweeps with ease

Mesarin

Arceus will always beat Mew. Transform? Its faster. Im pretty sure in any comptent battle Arceus would win. But Mew is definently more gimmicky and visually appealing, not to mention older in generation. Giving it a larger appeal to those not into competitive play.

Pokemon4Evah

Arceus vs Mew

Those of you who said Mew would win because it is the ancestor of all Pokemon.. you should rethink what you said.

Arceus undoubtedly created the Sinnoh region and possibly the entire Pokémon world, the lake guardians: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, and the creation trio: Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Because of this, Arceus is thought to be one of the most long-lived and most powerful of all Pokémon species. It has the power to recreate the creation trio as well, presumably to guard the dimensions when a Trainer has caught one of them.

In it's debut movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Sheena said it has enough power to wipe out all of humanity. It's signature move Judgement would crush Mew. Also, using its Plates every attack Mew uses (even if it transforms into another Pokemon, Legendary or Not) will be useless.

Yes, Mew is cuter than Arceus because it's teeny and looks like a pink cat (fetus etc) but Arceus is infinitely cooler, much more powerful, has the ability to create worlds, destroy worlds, and Legendary Pokemon.

Pokemon4Evah

@PokemonIsDumb, your username surprises me. And so does your lack of knowledge. Arceus does have the ability to learn any move, TM and HM. =____= It can even learn Fly.

Mister Zero

End Religious Hoopla
The way I see it, Arceus created Mew, who then spawned the rest of non-legendary life. Legendary pokemon were directly created by Arceus.

So, I'd have to say Arceus.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
We arent noobs we just appreciate classic pokemon legendaries instead of a goat, my vote goes to mew. I'm not talking about power I'm talking about which had a cooler debut and IMO mew, also Arceus is so cheap, anyone who uses him on their team are complete noobs. Mew at least can be taken down and is cuter and seemed like a better legendary to me

Last edited:

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I like them both because they both are awesome.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Mew

Arceus actually doesnt look like a powerful pokemon. they should have never introduced "the creator of the world"

I think that all the legendaries should have created the world themselves instead of arceus doing it, it makes sense

besides, mew knows every tm and hm and arceus is overused

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Those of you who said Mew would win because it is the ancestor of all Pokemon.. you should rethink what you said.

Arceus undoubtedly created the Sinnoh region and possibly the entire Pokémon world, the lake guardians: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, and the creation trio: Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Because of this, Arceus is thought to be one of the most long-lived and most powerful of all Pokémon species. It has the power to recreate the creation trio as well, presumably to guard the dimensions when a Trainer has caught one of them.

In it's debut movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Sheena said it has enough power to wipe out all of humanity. It's signature move Judgement would crush Mew. Also, using its Plates every attack Mew uses (even if it transforms into another Pokemon, Legendary or Not) will be useless.

Yes, Mew is cuter than Arceus because it's teeny and looks like a pink cat (fetus etc) but Arceus is infinitely cooler, much more powerful, has the ability to create worlds, destroy worlds, and Legendary Pokemon.

In all honesty i feel like the only reason everyone loves arceus is because he is powerful. i GARUNTEE you that if arceus and mew had the same stats everyone would choose a cute cat than a stupid weak looking goat

just because he is the most powerful, doesnt make him better than mew. this is BETTER, not stronger

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I think Arceus in more powerful, but I like Mew better, So I'll go with Mew. I mean, what is better than a cute, flying, pink cat?

Kays

Lati-twins <3
Better in:
Sweeping - Arceus
Support - Mew

I used Arceus more just because you can only get Mew in a few games (and none of which are the newer games). So there aren't a lot of chances.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
IF you use arceus I mean... its kinda cheap. You look really cheap. Plus having him takes out the whole fun of battling for fun.

Entreri10

I would root for mew but I think Arceus would probably win.

Status
Not open for further replies.