• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo-One Lucky Son of a Gun

When Mewtwo was cloned from Mew, he became a new Pokemon. But, when Mewtwo cloned all of those Pokemon the same way he was, they stayed the same species.

Please explain/leave your own comments.

Yeah but, Venesaur became Venasaur and Charizard became Charizard, but even though they had the markings, Vaporeon stayed the same.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Maybe Mewtwo Upgraded The Machines So The Cloning Was Closer To Perfection.

SuperWeb606

And they said they made a more powerful mew
and accept my friend request

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
true mabye its because the scientists were not as smart as he was, thus they made some mistakes during the cloning process weras mewtwo didnot because he knew exactly what to do, but that means mewtwo is on another plane of thought because i have never seen Alakazam or Metagross make clones and armies and they are some of the smarter pokemon out there.

Kim62

Hello
Mewtwo is a genetically altered clone.
The other clones were just regular clones.
Except for Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise. They were fully evolved clones of slightly altered or distorted (from the what I can tell with the weird markings) clones of a Bulbasaur, a Charmander and a Squirtle.
Or that is at least what I figure from what I've seen.

Night Avenger

Rust In Peace
Yup what Kim62 said. His genes were a mixture of Mew's (who has the genes of every single PKMN) and human's.

Ezey

______ is your fault
I always thought it was because the humans who cloned mew didn't have enough of it's DNA and when mewtwo cloned those other pokemon he had complete living organisms instead of a little piece of hair or something small like that.
I don't know why they had those extra markings though, maybe it was just to tell them apart, or just a side effect or something?

Maruno

I think we're all forgetting that Mewtwo blew the lab up when he woke up in his tube. Therefore he recreated the machines for his own use. While they were still cloning machines, Mewtwo's intelligence probably helped him redesign the machines to make them better. Or more likely, the cloning machine works perfectly anyway (consider the cloning of fossil pokémon), and the reason Mewtwo is so different is that he was extensively genetically modified (as Giovanni requested).

I kinda like the idea that the cloned Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were prototypes of shiny pokémon. They all had markings all over them, but maybe that was just so they could be more easily distinguished in the early battles. In the royal rumble towards the end we didn't really care which was the original and which was the clone; we only cared that they were fighting to the death. It wasn't as important to distinguish between them, so the creators could just be lazy and copy-paste the pokémon (so to speak). Also, they were the first clone pokémon we saw (besides Mewtwo himself, who doesn't really count since he's a new species rather than a direct clone), so there had to be something sinister about them, and evil battle scar-like markings manage that.

Also, Mewtwo created the cloning machine such that it directly cloned the pokémon. When Giovanni commissioned Mewtwo to be created, he wanted an uberly-upgraded version of Mew, so Mewtwo's genetics were messed around with so much to increase his psychic potential that he really did become a different pokémon.

Kim62

Hello
I'm still pretty sure the Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were fully evolved clones of these clones:
096.jpg

Last edited:

Maruno

I'm still pretty sure the Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were fully evolved clones of these clones:
096.jpg
Those clones died along with the girl. Mewtwo was the only survivor. He must have created his own starter clones after he rebuilt things, and trained them up. He also has a Dragonite trained as a delivery pokémon, and a Fearow scout, so clearly he's a good trainer and has had some time to pull things together.

Well, a lot more thought and preparation went into cloning mew. Mewtwo just took some part of the pokemon and cloned it quickly.

Kim62

Hello
Those clones died along with the girl. Mewtwo was the only survivor. He must have created his own starter clones after he rebuilt things, and trained them up. He also has a Dragonite trained as a delivery pokémon, and a Fearow scout, so clearly he's a good trainer and has had some time to pull things together.

Yes that's what I said.
He cloned the clones.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Mewtwo was genetically enhanced to give him a base stat total of 680
The others were just basic or even true clones like what we got with Dolly
The 3 starter evolutions were probably slightly modified

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Because those were direct clones of the pokemon. The scientists tinkered with Mew's gentics when they cloned Mewtwo, in order to make the most powerful pokemon ever.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Mewtwo is not a clone of Mew. Mew gave birth to Mewtwo. The anime made up that BS about Mewtwo being a clone of Mew due to them not being able to come up with a real story about Mewtwo's birth without showing Mew getting knocked up, which is kinda suggestive, if you catch my drift.
Quietly awaiting ban or infraction.