• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo Stall!!! Rate My Uber Team

Moe_Joe

I lost my Moe_Joe!
I have been working on an Uber stall team for a while now, which I must add has never been my forté, and I think that I have finally struck gold. Kit123 (number 7 on the ladder) and I worked together on this one. Originally it consisted of: Groudon, Giratina, Blissey, Latias, Lugia, Forre, but I seemed to struggle with it. For this reason, we made some changes and now it is working really well. I have played several matches with it and have only lost one game (to Densha Otaku). Nonetheless, I have a feeling that the bright minds of Serebii would surely be able to improve it somehow. Anyway, here we go:

dialga.png

Dialga@ Lum Berry- Modest Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD
~ Thunder
~ Stealth Rock
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower​

Support Dialga is an awesome lead for a stall team. It almost always manages to send out Stealth Rock and is able to take down a lot of other leads. Draco Meteor will kill many leads and combined with Lum Berry is perfect for taking down Darkrai lead as it tries to put it to sleep. Thunder is for a Kyogre Lead and as I plan for Dialga to survive later in the game, for Kyogres later on. Flamethrower is for Forretress, Scizor and the rare Jirachi later in the game. Against a Deoxys-S lead, I set up Stealth Rocks and then switch to Forre who spins away the hazards Deoxys set up. Against Ninjask leads I just switch to Giratina who then roars. The only weekness this guy has had so far is Densha Otaku's Specs Dialga lead who can kill this guy with Draco Meteor before I get to move.

---

giratina.png

Giratina@ Leftovers- Impish Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
~ Outrage
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Roar​

Giratina, dubbed 'The Great Wall' is nothing less then an absolute beast. He can take almost any physical hit. What's more, he can roar. This guy is my Phazer, as I decided to drop Lugia. He stops Rapid Spin Groudon in its tracks and he stops those pesky spinners from removing my entry hazards. If a Garchomp comes in I switch to Mewtwo and if Palkia, Dialga, Latios, Darkrai etc. come in, then in comes Blissey to absorb their puny Special Attacks. Nothing more to say really. He is quite self-explanatory.

I was also considering Will o Wisp, but with Roar, it didn't fit in. I could exchange it with Outrage, but what do you guys think?

---

blissey.png

Blissey@ Leftovers- Modest Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss​

Cleric Blissey works well on most stalls teams and makes sure that I won't die to status. She can also awaken Giratina after he has rested in case I want to use him quickly later on and she heals Groudon's burns so he can more easily sweep. Blissey can switch in on almost any special attackers and can often kill them with Toxic and or Seismic Toss if they choose to stay in. Lugia can't do anything to Blissey but Whirlwind it: if it uses Toxic, Blissey can simply use Aromatherapy and Toxic in return. Once again, it is quite self-explanatory.

I am also considering Wish-Protect, to heal Dialga and Forretress, but I would like your opinion/suggestions.

---

mewtwo.png

Mewtwo@ Leftovers- Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 226 Def / 32 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Recover
~ Taunt
~ Ice Beam​

I love this guy. combined with Blissey and Giratina, I have almost perfect coverage. It can stop enemy stalling with Taunt and very importantly, it can stop Rayquaza and Garchomp who are dangerous to Giratina, by switching in and using Ice Beam. Recover obviously allows it to heal and survive for longer, while Substitute is great for stalling and stopping status conditions (eg. Darkrai). What's more, if I predict a Wobbuffet switch-in on Blissey, I can send in Mewtwo to Taunt it out. If I predict an immediate switch, which often comes from switching in Mewtwo on Wob, then I can just Sub.

---

forretress.png

Forretress@ Leftovers- Impish Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
~ Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion
~ Payback​

Forretress comes in against a Deoxys-s lead and Rapid Spins or comes in against Lugia, Blissey, Giratina etc. and sets up entry hazards. Payback is for Giratina-O or Deoxys, even Mewtwo. Since I can't Wish-pass with Blissey, I decided to give it Explosion for those tricky situation, or if it has done its job and merely needs to take down a threat. Often Giratina switches in on Forre, expecting Rapid Spin, in which case I often manage to set up three layers of Spikes. Combined with Stealth Rock and Giratina to block Spinning, residual damage becomes quite significant and can help Groudon sweep.

I am also considering Toxic Spikes. What do you guys think?

---

groudon.png

Goudon@ Life Orb- Adamant Nature
Ability: Drought
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 124 Spe
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Sword Dance​

Having already covered most threats, I though it would nice with a late-game sweeper. This comes in the form of Rock Polish Groudon, partially inspired by Name1 who runs a similar one. It can switch in to nullify rain or sandstorm and can switch in on something like Blissey or Forre and set up Rock Polish. Earthquake is for stab and Dragon Claw is to take car of Latios, Latias, Palkia, Garchomp, Rayquaza etc. I decided to drop Stone Edge, which only really does anything to Ho-oh. With Stealth Rock, Ho-oh will die anyway. Lugia won't die to Stone Edge anyway so I went for Sword Dance instead, in case I was able set up for two rounds (eg. Garchomp stuck in Outrage). With this guy set up I have often experienced people simply leaving the match. If you have any suggestions for this guy, they would be very welcome, especially in regard to the EV spread.

---

It is a stall team, but it is often able to sweep with Groudon as well. Almost everything is covered by the walls of this team. However, I have had a bit of trouble with Specs Ogre and Specs Dialga. For Ogre, I have Groudon which can stop the rain and Dialga with Thunder, bit I still seem to struggle with it. I am considering a Latios/Latias instead of Groudon to deal with it, but I am a bit reluctant to lose by sweeper. Against Specs Dialga, I don't really know what to do, but of course no team is perfect (lol). If you can spot any other major threats, please tell me. Otherwise, just try to make suggestions on how I can improve the team or come with your opinion where I have asked a specific question.

Now get rating!​

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Copied Shine's mewtwo eh? No one has rated it either. CharmBliss may be a good phazing option and lugia is still useful. Gyro ball is an alternative to payback on forre. It is a pity that no one pays much attention to ubers. Densha is real mean.

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Do you always only make stall teams in uber? Why not more balanced teams? Lugia is still an option.

King45King

Im Just a King.
Hmm..I wonder why people dont use Lugia in Ubers...it's a great pokemon...well this a great Uber team..I tried not to bump up old things but this team is just amazing...and it's centered around Mewtwo...It's Just Amazing Bravo.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Rock Polish and SD?

try one or the other.

you'll like Fire Punch on Groudon, since he gets lots of good sun boost from it.

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
I'd Change payback to Gyro Ball on Forre because to Uber Metagame is heavily reliant on speed, and only a few are resistant to Steel. I don't get why you are running the Physical Defensive Evs on Mewtwo when you aren't using him as a Physical wall. Anyway, for Mewtwo, if you get in Mewtwo on Chomp or Quaza, they probably have already set-up and you'll probably die anyway. You are also not out speeding anything beyond CB Deoxys with max speed, and lose to everything beyond Lati@s.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Mewtwo works better as a sweeper.

Consider him as a sweeper, and turning Groudon into some sort of tank.