• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
This movie is the best of all the others from me and my brother's opinion. Though Idon't understand why they took out Mewtwo's origin. That would have better explained all of the questions of Mewtwo's behavior.

On top of which (drivng a little off subject), Anther movie about mew! has been announced and I'm soooo happy!! I just know it's going to have Mewtwo in it!! Come to think of it He really doesn't know much about the mew himself.

R

Raindrop

Evanescence said:
Also, in the commentary, they only mentioned the "Scyther/Alakazam" blooper and of course they said that they never did find the trainer that flew in on the Fearow.

I believe that was one of the trainers that simply didn't make it through the storm.

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
good movie favorite scenes were when ash ccame out of the smoke leading the originals to battle and when all the cllones were batleing with the originals as for all the mistakes its the first movie after all.

S

Shining Dark Riachu

That part when Ash was dead, and all the pokemon stop fighting with each other and started crying, and their tears revived Ash almost put me to tears. Though it wasn't my favorite movie, my favorite was Heroes. And the Mew one no matter what anyone tells me is obviously going to have a new legendary in it, hence the second part of the title. I'm not ruling out an appearance of Mewtwo, but I don't think he'll have much focus if he's in it at all, and I hope/wish it has nothing to do with Ash, he's starting to bore me.

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
Quick question: Was the messenger Dragonite one of Mewtwo's clones, or was it a Pokemon-for-hire?

Sumnor

Altoshipper!!
Ah, yes, my favorite Pokemon movie!! This is also the very first Pokemon movie that I saw, and that made me the Pokemon fan that I am today! :)
AscendingLatios said:
Quick question: Was the messenger Dragonite one of Mewtwo's clones, or was it a Pokemon-for-hire?
I've wondered about that for quite some time! The Dragonite probably was a Pokemon-for-hire, but I think it belonged to the Nurse Joy Mewtwo manipulated. At first I thought it was one of Mewtwo's clones, but since it never made another appearance later in the movie and Mewtwo Returns (like the Fearow with the camera)... oh well. A clone of Dragonite would have been a great asset for Mewtwo's group of clones. ;149;

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
Sumnor said:
The Dragonite probably was a Pokemon-for-hire, but I think it belonged to the Nurse Joy Mewtwo manipulated.

Yep, I like that explanation because it makes perfect sense! (TR sure did give him a bit of headache, though. :))

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I liked it, but I would've liked it more if not for:
-The insert song. BLECH. It was TOTALLY inapproriate for the scene. Granted, I don't like insert songs in general...the mini-explainatino sucked too(the original one was something about animals fighitng to the death to drive off intruders, or something like that...it wasn't THAT great, but it was better than the sappy, parental-approval "A fight to the death is a fight that no-one wins" message)
-4Kids' dumbing down of it. Seriously, everything they dumbed down/turned into parent approval could have easily been left in as is.(maybe even the God stuff...the g-word isn't evil, 4Kids!)
-Mew. It...didn't seem that important. It just hung around for most of the movie, then had a fight with Mewtwo that didn't seem to get as much detail or attention as I would have liked. I know the movie revolved around Mewtwo, not Mew, but still...

I give this movie a 7/10.

On a side note, why were the starter Pokemon the only ones that had different markings on them? They looked about the same as the ones in the Origin of Mewtwo, maybe that had something to do with it...

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
I like this film, but it;s the worst movie of four Pokemon movie which I watched Mew is cute, but he came on too seldom in this movie. I like Mewtwoo's phylosophy :>

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Pokemon: The First Movie (Mini-DVD)

The adventure explodes into action with the debut of Mewtwo, a bio-engineered Pokemon created from the DNA of Mew, the rarest of all Pokemon. Determined to prove its superiority, Mewtwo lures Ash, Pikachu and others into a Pokemon match like none before. Mewtwo vs. Mew. Super-clones vs. Pokemon. It's the ultimate showdown...with the very future of the world at stake! Also, includes the mini-movie Pikachu's Vacation and never-before-seen bonus footage!

Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 04/26/2005

Come for Wal*Mart.Com

;rukario; Pokémon Street Muics and find this... Myutsu Vs Myuu New First Movie

PokemonFirst.jpg
;175;

Chris

Old Coot
I don't see the point to releasing this in mini-DVDs. o_O It's the same damn thing only on a smaller disc. And chances are that bonus material is basically what was shown in the Myuutsuu TV special DVD, Myuutsuu's Birth.

And unless that DVD has Japanese audio on it and is uncut, I doubt anyone would have a legit reason for buying this unless they can't find the regular version of the first DVD. Makes absolutely no sense to rerelease a DVD that came out several years ago in a smaller format and with one new addition that the previous one didn't have.

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Here

Edward Elric said:
I don't see the point to releasing this in mini-DVDs. o_O It's the same damn thing only on a smaller disc. And chances are that bonus material is basically what was shown in the Myuutsuu TV special DVD, Myuutsuu's Birth.

And unless that DVD has Japanese audio on it and is uncut, I doubt anyone would have a legit reason for buying this unless they can't find the regular version of the first DVD. Makes absolutely no sense to rerelease a DVD that came out several years ago in a smaller format and with one new addition that the previous one didn't have.
Here Here, that all it is so likely and the some what uncut Myustu Birth is on Mytsu Return, in the SF (special feaiture)

;176; But I know why they releasing it, because of the new 8th movie. They want to go back to show you Myuu. Because she was in the 1st one.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Professor Ivy said:
Here Here, that all it is so likely and the some what uncut Myustu Birth is on Mytsu Return, in the SF (special feaiture)

;176; But I know why they releasing it, because of the new 8th movie. They want to go back to show you Myuu. Because she was in the 1st one.

There's no point in rereleasing Mew's first appearance in America if the eighth movie isn't even out in Japan yet.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I watced this video on Video last night

I loved it but Ash should have stayed dead

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I got a DVD copy of it recently from Amazon and finally watched it for the first time in over 5 years (since it came out in the cinema). I was suprised how much of it I couldn't remember, particularly the part where Ash turns to stone. Hmm yes. I wish we got to see more of the battle between Mew and Mewtwo, alot of hype and not much of a finishing product. Other than that the movie was solid for the most part, definitely not as good as the second one though.

I also have memories of a friend who spotted the official title screen(the certificate) just before the movie began and shouted out in front of a packed audience "Haha look at how they spelt Mewtwo!" He was right, they spelt it "Mewtoo". Why I remember that, I'm not sure either.

poke_girl

The Amazing
Can I ask what happend to Charazards, Blastoses and Veanusaurs clones?
They just forght the ones with the markings.

Sumnor

Altoshipper!!
poke_girl said:
Can I ask what happend to Charazards, Blastoses and Veanusaurs clones?
They just forght the ones with the markings.
It's a mistake in the movie. The Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur clones without the markings simply walked out the lab's mechanical doors and were never seen again. o_O Makes me wonder what really happened to them, storywise...

0Hero

Knuckle Trainer
I just rewatched the movie on VHS, and wondered what happened to the clones of Bruteroot, Shellshocker, and Ash's Charizard. When the movie ended, I think the Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard with markings on them left with him, but shouldn't he have two of each since he cloned the same pokemon again?