• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

O

Omega

^Confusing post

Aside from the...minor messups, this is my 2nd favorite movie, aside from the Mewtwo Returns special. I rate it 9.5/10.

~;150;RJ Fighter;150;

0Hero

Knuckle Trainer
Hm........let me try and rephrase that. The Venasaur named Bruteroot, the Blastoise named Shellshocker, and Charizard each belonged to a trainer, the male one, female one, and Ash. Each trainer accepted Mewtwo's challenge to face a cloned version of their Pokemon, a Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard, all of them containing markings all over their body's. Since the clones defeated the 'original' Pokemon, the 'original' Pokemon were taken by Mewtwo to be cloned, but in the 'war' scene where the 'originals' faced the clones, there were only one Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard on the clone side, when there should have been two, the ones with markings that were there, and ones without markings, cloned from the male's, female's, and Ash's Bruteroot, Shellshocker, and Charizard.

I hope that was clearer.........or did I just make it more complicated 0.o

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
ShucklemasterJ said:
I watced this video on Video last night

I loved it but Ash should have stayed dead

...XD No comment. Don't wanna anger Toto. XD

Dude. Corey. The hawt.

Fergus was kinda hot too. >__> Too bad he didn't really do squat except get pwned by Mewtwo. Did he even battle? XD I know Corey and Neesha did, but...hm. XD

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
0Hero said:
Hm........let me try and rephrase that. The Venasaur named Bruteroot, the Blastoise named Shellshocker, and Charizard each belonged to a trainer, the male one, female one, and Ash. Each trainer accepted Mewtwo's challenge to face a cloned version of their Pokemon, a Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard, all of them containing markings all over their body's. Since the clones defeated the 'original' Pokemon, the 'original' Pokemon were taken by Mewtwo to be cloned, but in the 'war' scene where the 'originals' faced the clones, there were only one Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard on the clone side, when there should have been two, the ones with markings that were there, and ones without markings, cloned from the male's, female's, and Ash's Bruteroot, Shellshocker, and Charizard.

I hope that was clearer.........or did I just make it more complicated 0.o
Evidently, those three pokemon were not cloned before the machine was destroyed. They were probably a low priority for Mewtwo, since he already had individuals of their species which had shown themselves to be stronger than those three.

E

Elastiviolet

I liked this movie. When Pikachu and all the other Pokemon started crying, I started crying. I don't usually cry when normal people in real life cry, but when I see Pokemon cry, I cry as well. I don't know what's with that....

I liked the Brother, my Brother song, but I don't think it was appropriate for this movie. Or for that one scene, at least. I love Mew, and it was so cute when it was riding that little wheel thing. I don't know what it's called.

I didn't know Scyther was Alakazam. When I first saw that, I'm like, wait a minute. That's Scyther, not Alakazam!

Pidgeotto is not Pidgeot. Obviously the trainer doesn't know what Pokemon he flew on.

Oh well. Besides those, I thought the movie was pretty good.

M

Mudkip980

I liked the pokemon movie especially when TR said Pokemon's name wrong.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
thanks to Mewtwo Strikes Back, Mewtwo is my second favorite pokemon.

"Brother, My Brother" fit perfectly with the clones and originals fighting eachother. I don't know what movie you were watching.

Batdude

Old school
This will always be my favourite movie. It actually had a real moral behind the flashy attacks and explosions. It also let us see a real sense of humanity in Mewtwo that we rarely see in any Pokémon (the fact he stands upright and spoke clearly might be a reason). It was sort of there with Entei and Lugia, but not in the same way as Mewtwo. I could imagine sitting beside Mewtwo at the dinner table like, just havin a chat.

I never really took notice of the 'Brother, My Brother' song. It was grand like. I didn't strongly dislike it by any means.

Also, it was one of the rare times we saw Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise in close proximity for an extended period of time. Those clones rocked. You'd wonder why Ash didn't pull the whole 'Oh Mewtwo, I can look after them! I'll give them a happy life!' or something. I'd kill for Pokémon like that if I were in the animé.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Am I the only one who thinks this is the best movie ever...

P

pisces_beedrill

Serebii said:
Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Ash, a rising pokémon trainer gets called to New Island by the best Pokémon Trainer. When he gets there he finds its Mewtwo, the most powerful Pokémon who has a vendetta against humans and plans to wipe out the world leaving nothing but him and his clone pokémon. But then Ash and the rarest Pokémon Mew, fight to stop him.
that is really dramatic...
but the movie is cool

Heracross

Custom User Title
Flygon Prince said:
"Brother, My Brother" fit perfectly with the clones and originals fighting eachother. I don't know what movie you were watching.
It's a bad 90's pop wannabe song, and it has no place in Pokémon. :s The music playing during that scene in the original was quite sad and suspenseful, like the scene was supposed to be. "Brother, My Brother" is not sad sounding at all.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
It's a bad 90's pop wannabe song, and it has no place in Pokémon. :s The music playing during that scene in the original was quite sad and suspenseful, like the scene was supposed to be. "Brother, My Brother" is not sad sounding at all.

"Brother, My Brother" sounds like a modern blues/soft-rock song to me. I think the mood and lyrics of the song make it a good choice for that scene. Anyone agree?

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Flygon Prince said:
"Brother, My Brother" sounds like a modern blues/soft-rock song to me. I think the mood and lyrics of the song make it a good choice for that scene. Anyone agree?

I agree completely only because it worked well for the scene. Not like dubbers would not make it work out:/

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Flygon Prince said:
Yeah I agree, it was perfect for the scene, I don't why some people think it's not.

Sumnor

Altoshipper!!
Considering that I have heard the Japanese score for this scene, I can definitely say that the original music choice is far more fitting than "Brother My Brother." The original score accurately (and more powerfully) captures the emotions of the scene. The US version just doesn't compare.

P

pisces_beedrill

Heracross said:

what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song? man, get a grip. antway, i think the song is perfect.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
bloodstone said:
what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song? man, get a grip. antway, i think the song is perfect.

A majority of us like the song, a small few dont( maybe just one, i dont know). This threads over and done with........or not.lol

Heracross

Custom User Title
bloodstone said:
what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song?
Ew no, I fecking hate pop. -_- Where on Earth did you get such an idea? I wanted them to use the original music to portray the mood, seeing as how it already did a brilliant job.