• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I love this movie so much. When my brother and I saw it in theaters we had to see it twice because the first time the power went out at the theater >.<

CliveKoopa

I remember seeing a clip of this on SM:TV. It was the very first time it was shown on UK Television.

Something I didn't understand with this was the scene where Mewtwo said he once started with Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. How can a pokemon that was only recently created get access to all three Kanto pokemon starters at once and then claim he went on a journey. The dialogue here doesn't even make sense.

Last edited:

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I remember seeing a clip of this on SM:TV. It was the very first time it was shown on UK Television.

Something I didn't understand with this was the scene where Mewtwo said he once started with Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. How can a pokemon that was only recently created get access to all three Kanto pokemon starters at once and then claim he went on a journey. The dialogue here doesn't even make sense.

In the ten minutes of the movie 4kids cut (And then dubbed and added as a feature with the Mewtwo returns DVD) we see that Giovanni asked for clones of the three Kanto starters to be made as well. All three of them died, but even after getting his memory wiped Mewtwo had it somewhere in his heart to recreate them.

As for his choice of words, the idea was that as part of his being greater than all other Pokemon, making him both a Pokemon and a master, his starters were even greater than what human trainers received. It was really intended to be some sort of silly symbolism.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I remember seeing this in theatres a long time ago. At the time, I really enjoyed the movie since it was Pokemon, plus Mew was super cute. Nowadays, I don't think it's a bad movie, it's just not my favourite.

When I saw the movie, my dad went with me. He didn't understand it at all, and kept asking me questions about it. Apparently I eventually told him to shut up. :p

Traveller

Hey

Just a quick question, if I buy the Japanese DVD, I know it has the dub track, but are the subtitles real subs of the Japanese or just the English script?

Also does the pikachu short have the English version?

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/34756-animenia-pokemon-the-first-movie

ThatGuywiththeGlasses' Linkara, Jewario, and Suede just did a two part review. Fun stuff.

Hey

Just a quick question, if I buy the Japanese DVD, I know it has the dub track, but are the subtitles real subs of the Japanese or just the English script?

Also does the pikachu short have the English version?

There is no bilingual DVD of the first movie. There's no bilingual Pokemon anything, at least not anything involving English.

Jesster

Spicy Nooblet
I remember seeing this in theatres when I was little - it still hits me hard. xD
Definitely have a soft spot for this movie, and hopefully always will.

Mewtwo is so badass.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well, I just recently re-watched it... for the billionth time XP it still makes me cry whenever Pikachu and rest of the Pokemon cry for Ash. This movie never gets old everytime I watch it :pI stil wonder about whatever happened to the trainer who tried to go to New Island, but never got there... ._.

Cyndas-Sprites

EEEEEEH SEXY LADY!
My favourite Pokémovie! Watched it like 10 times, still love it! Now if only I could find that VHS I have still...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Great movie. I'll always remember it, because it is the first Pokemon movie. I still have it on video and I watch it a lot.

10/10

I fully agree.

In the ten minutes of the movie 4kids cut (And then dubbed and added as a feature with the Mewtwo returns DVD) we see that Giovanni asked for clones of the three Kanto starters to be made as well. All three of them died, but even after getting his memory wiped Mewtwo had it somewhere in his heart to recreate them.

As for his choice of words, the idea was that as part of his being greater than all other Pokemon, making him both a Pokemon and a master, his starters were even greater than what human trainers received. It was really intended to be some sort of silly symbolism.

Something that hasn't been seen since. I mean the symbolism. In everything that we see now is some childish symbolism, but only few get to the dark side of existentialism.

A good movie & the first one, I found it strange how in the end Mewtwo erased everyone's memory about him and what they did, Anyway I'm still hoping to see the japanese version.

It's a called a plothole the size of Minnesota...

Well, I just recently re-watched it... for the billionth time XP it still makes me cry whenever Pikachu and rest of the Pokemon cry for Ash. This movie never gets old everytime I watch it :pI stil wonder about whatever happened to the trainer who tried to go to New Island, but never got there... ._.

Quite clearly, he didn't make it.. :p

MiloticTwins

"Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back!", the dark comedy movie?

Is "Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back!" a dark comedy movie?