• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mewtwo's Role in BW/B2W2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromind101

We know that there was a move called Psystrike that was introduced in Generation V that is exclusive to Mewtwo and Kusaka would probably want to showcase that. Thus, Mewtwo will probably appear in either BW or B2W2, most likely the latter since the former is almost done and Mewtwo wouldn't really have a role in the chapter. But when Mewtwo eventually does appear, what role do you guys think he will serve?

To get this thread started, I'll post my own theory. Genesect is a Pokemon with similar origins as Mewtwo, with Mewtwo being Rocket's scientific creation and Genesect being Plasma's scientific creation. Since they are practically parallels, they will probably battle which gives Mewtwo the opportunity to show off its signature move. Oh, and because of the PWT it will get to meet Red and Blue and finally realize that they are no longer petrified. And to top it off, Kusaka tends to borrow elements from the anime at times (i.g. Mewtwo's armor) and the next movie is going to showcase a battle between Mewtwo and Genesect so yeah).

Okay and a reason for Mewtwo to go to Unova is because it lost Sird in the chase and it went to Unova because it thought Sird was there for whatever reason. (Maybe because it found out about the PWT and thought that due to a large gathering, she would go there to seize the Pokedexes?) And then when it explains what it was doing for the past 9 years (time between Emerald and HGSS was 3 years, time between HGSS and DPPt was 1 year, time between DPPt and BW was 3 years and time between BW and B2W2 was 2 years so 3+1+3+2=9 years) we will get to see yet another Sird cameo. Oh well, at least Mewtwo can rest after its battle with Genesect.

e9310103838

We know that there was a move called Psystrike that was introduced in Generation V that is exclusive to Mewtwo and Kusaka would probably want to showcase that. Thus, Mewtwo will probably appear in either BW or B2W2, most likely the latter since the former is almost done and Mewtwo wouldn't really have a role in the chapter. But when Mewtwo eventually does appear, what role do you guys think he will serve?

To get this thread started, I'll post my own theory. Genesect is a Pokemon with similar origins as Mewtwo, with Mewtwo being Rocket's scientific creation and Genesect being Plasma's scientific creation. Since they are practically parallels, they will probably battle which gives Mewtwo the opportunity to show off its signature move. Oh, and because of the PWT it will get to meet Red and Blue and finally realize that they are no longer petrified. And to top it off, Kusaka tends to borrow elements from the anime at times (i.g. Mewtwo's armor) and the next movie is going to showcase a battle between Mewtwo and Genesect so yeah).

Okay and a reason for Mewtwo to go to Unova is because it lost Sird in the chase and it went to Unova because it thought Sird was there for whatever reason. (Maybe because it found out about the PWT and thought that due to a large gathering, she would go there to seize the Pokedexes?) And then when it explains what it was doing for the past 9 years (time between Emerald and HGSS was 3 years, time between HGSS and DPPt was 1 year, time between DPPt and BW was 3 years and time between BW and B2W2 was 2 years so 3+1+3+2=9 years) we will get to see yet another Sird cameo. Oh well, at least Mewtwo can rest after its battle with Genesect.

I also would like to know Genesect whether it will break the tradition of only one of the Legendary Pokémon with Deoxys.

Although I hope that it is only one. ;150;

Macromind101

I also would like to know Genesect whether it will break the tradition of only one of the Legendary Pokémon with Deoxys.

Although I hope that it is only one. ;150;

Oh god, if Kusaka follows the anime's interpretation of event legendaries like they did with Deoxys then there will be not one but four Genesect. Though I think Genesect already appeared in the manga so it should just be one.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games

It was never stated that BW is 3 years after Platinum. Just because the BW prolpgue was 3 years before BW arc doesn't mean it occurred during the Platinum arc.

I think we get to see Mewtwo and Deoxys teaming up against Genesect or Kyurem. I think even Deoxys wants to pay Saque back for everything she did. I think such a battle would be epic, since Genesect is a bug/ steel type. Mewtwo would have a hard time battling it alone.

Gesesect isn't created, but resurrected by team Plasma and altered into some super weapon. It'll be kind of sad if Mewtwo keeps feeling similar with a Pokemon that has a background related to a villainous team. Deoxys is more than enough.

Macromind101

Oh and speaking of Sird, I came up with this scenario where we get to see her appear once again. Tell me what you guys think about this:

So in the B2W2 chapter, Colress is commanding Genesect and he has the Kanto Dexholders + Silver (they're in Unova for the PWT) cornered. Just then, Mewtwo arrives and gets in a big battle against Genesect. After knocking out both Genesect and Colress, the Dexholders want to know how Mewtwo got to Unova. Mewtwo explains in a flashback where he managed to pinpoint Sird once again after having lost her. Sird is talking to Jupiter in a PokeGear. Jupiter explains that Cyrus has disbanded Team Galactic. Sird doesn't seem that surprised since that seems to be the fate of every villainous team she has gotten involved in (maybe foreshadowing the villainous team of Generation VI if it's a prequel?). Jupiter asks Sird if she wishes to join the commanders and Cyrus but Sird declines, saying that there are way too many who are coming after her and after the ice cuffs from Lorelei, the chase with Mewtwo and battling Riley, she was damaged way too much (the scene reveals Sird's whole body, which shows her Galactic clothes ripped and her body scarred). Sird tells Jupiter that she plans on letting one of those coming after her finish her off. Jupiter asks Sird if that means her quest to obtain the Pokedex came to an end. Sird laughs and says of course not. She tells Jupiter that she visited the distant land of Unova and she implanted her obsession with the Pokedex on another individual so that he will continue on her quest to obtain the Pokedexes. Mewtwo heard the conversation and flies in front of Sird. He demands to know who the person whom Sird implanted her obsession inside of was. Sird just smiles and refuses to answer. Knowing that it won't get an answer from her, Mewtwo strikes down Sird once and for all. Since Sird mentioned Unova, that's how Mewtwo got to Unova.

Leaving the flashback, Mewtwo then points its spoon at Colress, revealing that it was he whom Sird planted her obsession within, which reveals why he was more interested in battling the older main characters rather than Ghetsis's plan. He then states that by defeating Colress, Sird's consciousness has left him which got rid of Sird from the world completely once and for all.

So there. That's my theory. It probably won't happen like that but it will still satisfy the audience, keeping Sird out of the Unova plot while also finally getting rid of her.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I think that Mewtwo appearing in the B2W2 saga would be a mistake. First of all, that saga is pretty much bound to be a short one due to the time constraints, so keeping it focused on Kyurem and Genesect would be wise. Secondly, Mewtwo doesn't have an event in the Generation V games, but it could very well have one in XY (which would explain the anime promoting it).

Leaving the flashback, Mewtwo then points its spoon at Colress, revealing that it was he whom Sird planted her obsession within, which reveals why he was more interested in battling the older main characters rather than Ghetsis's plan. He then states that by defeating Colress, Sird's consciousness has left him which got rid of Sird from the world completely once and for all.
Sird is an evil spirit that possesses other people? I am not saying it is a bad idea, but where did it come from?

e9310103838

I think that Mewtwo appearing in the B2W2 saga would be a mistake. First of all, that saga is pretty much bound to be a short one due to the time constraints, so keeping it focused on Kyurem and Genesect would be wise. Secondly, Mewtwo doesn't have an event in the Generation V games, but it could very well have one in XY (which would explain the anime promoting it).

But we have its signature move in Generation V. So it need to appearing.

Because of this so I do not think Kusaka will be portrayed it as an ultra-short chapter.

I think we will "at least" get the length as Platinum chapter, well...... ;042;

Kein

AKA Silktree
But we have its signature move in Generation V. So it need to appearing.
It needs to appear eventually, but the world wouldn't collapse if a single Generation V move made its debut in the XY series. Plus, they could have Mewtwo make a brief appearance to foreshadow its role in the next chapter.

I just think that Mewtwo getting an in-game event in XY is very likely, and so giving it a big role in B2W2 would be a mistake. We really don't need to see Mewtwo fight Genesect, since it would be too similar to the battle against Deoxys.

Because of this so I do not think Kusaka will be portrayed it as an ultra-short chapter.

I think we will "at least" get the length as Platinum chapter, well...... ;042;
Just because of Mewtwo? There needs to be a better reason than that. The Platinum chapter had a magazine run of 14 rounds; at this rate the B2W2 chapter will barely get started before Kusaka has to start promoting the next generation.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!

Sird is an evil spirit that possesses other people? I am not saying it is a bad idea, but where did it come from?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...allenge-April-Dream-World-Doll-Mewtwo-Details

Lol nope.

I see a possibility of Mewtwo reappearing, due to, well, Psystrike. Besides, Mewtwo and Genesect have similar backgrounds, so I won't be surprised if Kasuka writes both of them for the BW2 saga. I beleive that BW2 might be plot driven, but I guess the main plot will probably still be Kyurem & Ghestis. Or I can think of this possible plot:

Dex Owners confront Ghestis and Kyurem
Ghestis calls for support, and Genesect comes out.
Genesect launches a powerful attack at the dex owners...
*cliffhanger*
Mewtwo blocks it.
Then they fight.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
An in-game event, obviously. The movie Mewtwo will probably unlock one in XY.

But it's hard for me to imagine that since Genesct/Mewtwo have such similar plots, Mewtwo won't appear. I mean, yeah, in-game event, but Psystrike still needs to be shown, either by Mewtwo, or Ditto or Smeargle. Also, Mewtwo's time is kind of overdue, the last time we saw it was at FRLG, chasing Sird. So in this x years, Mewtwo still chases after Sird, not knowing that the dex owners aren't petrified (or I assume). So I think Kusaka might just tie up loose ends for Gen 5 and start a new chapter (which hopefully includes writing off sird).

e9310103838

Just because of Mewtwo? There needs to be a better reason than that. The Platinum chapter had a magazine run of 14 rounds; at this rate the B2W2 chapter will barely get started before Kusaka has to start promoting the next generation.

No, not just Mewtwo, there are many things that need to be accountable in this chapter......

I see a possibility of Mewtwo rea...if thier Therian Forme no appear in BW. ;488;

Last edited:

Macromind101

Here's why Mewtwo needs to appear in the B2W2 chapter:
1. Kusaka wants to show off every move known in the current generation. Psystrike is Mewtwo's signature move. And I guarantee you that Kusaka won't showcase Psystrike using a Smeargle or a Pokemon that can use Metronome. Sure, he took the easy way out with Celebi in the RS chapter but this will be 100000x worse.
2. It would be extremely cruel of Kusaka to not write out a (for the time being) conclusion for Mewtwo. He's been chasing Sird for freaking NINE years (well around nine years, the time between HGSS and DP and the time between Platinum and BW is backed-up speculation). The Dexholders were unpetrified after two months but poor Mewtwo was completely oblivious to that fact. Think about it: starting from the RGB chapter, after nine years was the DPPt chapters. I think everyone can agree that the time between RGB and the DPPt chapter was a LONG time. Now imagine yourself spending that time on a chase that wasn't even necessary after the first two months. And if Mewtwo isn't introduced back into the plot by the B2W2 chapter, then that is only the more time that we can only assume that he is on a completely unnecessary chase.
3. Okay this isn't a reason WHY Mewtwo has to appear in the B2W2 chapter but more of a reason why Mewtwo is LIKELY to appear in the chapter. I don't know why but Kusaka tends to borrow elements from the anime (Mewtwo's armor, a fake Weather trio Pokemon, being possessed by orbs, etc). It appears that in the next movie, Mewtwo is about to fight Genesect (four of them, actually). In the manga, a fight between Mewtwo and Genesect actually does make sense due to them having similar origins and it is also opportune for settling Mewtwo's plot.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Here's why Mewtwo needs to appear in the B2W2 chapter:
2. It would be extremely cruel of Kusaka to not write out a (for the time being) conclusion for Mewtwo. He's been chasing Sird for freaking NINE years (well around nine years, the time between HGSS and DP and the time between Platinum and BW is backed-up speculation). The Dexholders were unpetrified after two months but poor Mewtwo was completely oblivious to that fact. Think about it: starting from the RGB chapter, after nine years was the DPPt chapters. I think everyone can agree that the time between RGB and the DPPt chapter was a LONG time. Now imagine yourself spending that time on a chase that wasn't even necessary after the first two months. And if Mewtwo isn't introduced back into the plot by the B2W2 chapter, then that is only the more time that we can only assume that he is on a completely unnecessary chase.

Errm... Mewtwo started chasing Sird after FRLG, not RGB

Status
Not open for further replies.