1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mia's Manga Dump

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mia Blaze, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Mia Blaze

Mia Blaze I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan

Aww, thank you kindly. I'm not the best but I try!

That was my first Smugleaf ever, so thank you.

Hmmm, I may do one for you soon. ;)

2. Mia Blaze

So, I decided to try a new style of manga today. Even though SAO may be considered a crappy anime, it does have an amazing style. Enjoy!

SAO Style test.jpg

3. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

Hey, that's pretty good. I happen to actually like SAO, and that style is cool. Is that Ash that you have drawn though? I can't tell :D

4. Mia Blaze

That's why I never voiced my opinion. Some aspects are kinda weird but it's a very original concept that looks cool as hell! Who knows, I may use the style more now. My first attempt is a lot better where I am.

Hardy har har har. Doesn't the spiked hair, zig zag marks, brown eyes and that XY jacket give it away?

5. Ooh that looks so cool! I love the eyes and hair particularly. The face just seems a tad wonky, but other than that it's a really nice image!

6. Mia Blaze

Thanks Nerdy! I used a Sharpie to outline and yeah, the face is wonky but it was a first try!

7. Sketchie

Sketchie >:3c

Well, I've never seen SAO so I can't tell you how close it is to the style, but it's still looking good. I love the eyes, just all about them -- the coloring, the design, eyelashes, everything. The shading overall is really good too. As for a tiny bit of critique, the hair could use a little bit more consistency; maybe this is a part of the style that I'm not aware of, but it seems wavey in the front and spiky in the back. I think a happy medium might be a good thing to shoot for.

8. Mia Blaze

Thank you ever so much. I am glad you really like it. I was my first time using the style and I've been practicing since.

Yeah, I'm not that good at hair shading when it's spikey, it's something I need to work on. Thank you for offering critique and I will take it into account with my next piece of artwork.

9. Mia Blaze

This came into mind when I was trying to make a nice an happy piece of art... yeah, my mind is weird.

Before you view please consider that this was made in Microsoft Paint (The free tool and not the pay for amazing thing), without a base (Everything was hand drawn) and using a built in mouse on a laptop. Yeah, I do like to make my life a struggle.

Based on the opinions of Sun and Moon anime, called: Behind the Mask
    Behind a Mask.jpg

10. Holy crap, that's sad but I love it! I love the way Ash looks in this picture, you've got all the proportions looking good. The only small criticism I have is that the words would have more impact if we could see them all, so perhaps you could've done a few more things with that? Either way, amazing!

11. Mia Blaze

Thanks a lot Nerds! Yeah, I should have taken that into account but since this is MS paint... I don't have layers to make them transparent. I'll think about it more next time!

12. I wasn't exactly thinking of making them transparent, but maybe mess around with what words/letters are in which text box, and maybe mess around with the angles a little? Like maybe have a smaller quote that wraps around Ash's head by having each letter be in an individual text box so that you have more freedom in where each letter goes.

13. Mia Blaze

Great idea... except you can't rotate in Microsoft Paint. You can shrink and enlarge but that's about it. Even with letters in textboxes, that's still not enough freedom to make an impact.

14. Ahh, I didn't know that, oops. Either way, it's something to consider!

15. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

That's a really good picture! The hand and the mask are done well, and I like the expression shown. One thing to acknowledge though is that the words are a wee bit difficult to see. I can't even read the yellow. Other than that though, it's a fairly well rounded drawing that you should be proud of!

16. Mia Blaze

Thanks! I enjoyed making it, and sorry about the words. I have a bigger copy on my DA account if needed. Anyway, got a new Art application so I am messing around on that, no more MS Paint for me! Thank you for your review

17. Mia Blaze

So, been off for a while, but got an awesome art application!

It's not just Pokemon, but yeah, stuff

BHNAxPKMN.jpg

18. Aahhh they’re so cute! Good to see you back on the artist scene, I missed your style!

19. Mia Blaze

I've got one I'm really proud of but I can't upload it to Serebii. Want me to send you the Twitter link?

Awww, thank you! X3