• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mice

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
One thing I've wondered a lot about is why Game Freak (or probably Nintendo of America, those barbarians who destroyed Pokémon Diamond and Pearl with gramatical errors such as "SolarBeam" and "NeverMeltIce") insist on classifying almost all vaugely rodent-like Pokémon as mice.

Pikachu, Mouse Pokémon - well, this is quite sensible...
Raichu, Mouse Pokémon - kinda sensible, too, but I think it's more of a kangaroo rat...
Sandshrew, Mouse Pokémon - armadillo? Pangolin? Or, as its name suggests, shrew?
Sandslash, Mouse Pokémon - this is obviously not a mouse, Sandslash just screams out "pangolin."
Cyndaquil, Fire Mouse Pokémon - ...what about an echidna? Would it be too hard to write down?
Bidoof, Plump Mouse Pokémon - beaver.

Why do they keep classifying Pokémon as mice? Why not write "Beaver Pokémon" as Bidoof's species? Do they think that small children don't know what beavers are? Well, I for one, consider "rendezvous" (Luvdisc) a more complicated word than "beaver."

Freeman

Anticitizen One
sandslash is not a penguin. then he'd be blue, white, and be ice type.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
This thread makes a point....
If pokemon was handed over to the Serebians, then this game would be considered the most vibrant, engaging, complex, difficult, violent and M rated RPG of all time....

BlazeShadow

I agree with this, why plump mouse when it obviously is a beaver? Same goes for the other.

Looks more like a earthworm to me

Since when is Diglett a WORM?
It has claws (not shown, but meh. It has scrathing attacks.) and feet. And it dosent even LOOK like a worm.

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Then we can classify all rodents as mice, I don't see any wrong in that besides Gyrados looks like a water serpant and is a water serpant.

Last edited:

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
Then we can classify all rodents as mice, I don't see any wrong in that.

Well, people would be outraged if we perhaps classified Ho-Oh as the "big turkey" Pokémon, and I feel exactly the same about all those mice manias. I despise mice.

yes i agree and bidoof isnt a beaver anyway. biberel is though

It's more of a beaver than a mouse.

BlazeShadow

Then we can classify all rodents as mice, I don't see any wrong in that besides Gyrados looks like a water serpant and is a water serpant.

So Pachirisu, obviously a squirrel should be classified as a mouse? Shaymin, the obvious hedgehog too? I don't see anything wrong with that.

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Well, people would be outraged if we perhaps classified Ho-Oh as the "big turkey" Pokémon, and I feel exactly the same about all those mice manias. I despise mice.

If you hate them just ignore them. Pokemon does NOT apply to real animals. It's purely fantasy.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
Okay, it's purely fantasy. Hm. I think Grass-type should be Super Effective against Fire. It defies logic, but I don't see anything wrong with that - it's purely fantasy, anyway. :rolleyes:

If Pokémon didn't apply to real animals, there wouldn't be any mice, beaver, dog or monkey Pokémon at all, among others.

Skull-Kid

One thing I've wondered a lot about is why Game Freak (or probably Nintendo of America, those barbarians who destroyed Pokémon Diamond and Pearl with gramatical errors such as "SolarBeam" and "NeverMeltIce") insist on classifying almost all vaugely rodent-like Pokémon as mice.

Pikachu, Mouse Pokémon - well, this is quite sensible...
Raichu, Mouse Pokémon - kinda sensible, too, but I think it's more of a kangaroo rat...
Sandshrew, Mouse Pokémon - armadillo? Pangolin? Or, as its name suggests, shrew?
Sandslash, Mouse Pokémon - this is obviously not a mouse, Sandslash just screams out "pangolin."
Cyndaquil, Fire Mouse Pokémon - ...what about an echidna? Would it be too hard to write down?
Bidoof, Plump Mouse Pokémon - beaver.

Why do they keep classifying Pokémon as mice? Why not write "Beaver Pokémon" as Bidoof's species? Do they think that small children don't know what beavers are? Well, I for one, consider "rendezvous" (Luvdisc) a more complicated word than "beaver."

if sanslash is anything, its an armadillo.
ant eater would be cyndaquil.
and if its sensible that pikachu and riachu are mouses, why the hell did you include them in this thread?

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Okay, it's purely fantasy. Hm. I think Grass-type should be Super Effective against Fire. It defies logic, but I don't see anything wrong with that - it's purely fantasy, anyway. :rolleyes:

If Pokémon didn't apply to real animals, there wouldn't be any mice, beaver, dog or monkey Pokémon at all, among others.

There is no pokemon that looks exactly like an animal

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
if sanslash is anything, its an armadillo.
ant eater would be cyndaquil.
and if its sensible that pikachu and riachu are mouses, why the hell did you include them in this thread?

1. Sandslash might be based of both; but as Sandslash has sharp scales on its back, it's probably a pangolin more than an armadillo.
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna Spikes on it's back. Cyndaquil's flames resemble those spikes. A k a echidna, not an anteater.
3. Just for comparision; also, as I said, I consider Raichu more of a kangaroo mouse than an actual mouse.

There is no pokemon that looks exactly like an animal

No, because they are based on animals. >_>;;