• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Micro$oft has done it again.

Surfing_Pikachu

fhqwhgads

Besides, it is most definitely not a ripoff. It is a damn good online service, especially for a console.

Surfing_Pikachu

Besides, it is most definitely not a ripoff. It is a damn good online service, especially for a console.
Well we all know the real reason people pay for Live, which happens to be free on every other device that plays games. They should be doing what PSN will be doing, and make online gaming free while you can still pay for all the extras if you want to.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Eh doesn't really bother me, since I don't really see the point in playing against other people on-line let alone paying for it.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder

You're paying for P2P matchmaking.

And it has ads.

It's a rip-off. I could see it being justifiable if they had dedicated servers due to the costs associated, but there's next to nothing on their end. it's almost pure profit. It's a rip-off pure and simple.

natie

Mr. F
I'll have to agree with Zerokku on this one, you pay way too much for what you get.

Why would they raise the price? Microsoft is making profits off the $15 arcade games that only last a couple hours.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Well we all know the real reason people pay for Live, which happens to be free on every other device that plays games. They should be doing what PSN will be doing, and make online gaming free while you can still pay for all the extras if you want to.

oh this is rich. you are on a site with mainly Xbox players who are fat like rats from their ego and now that there's a tiny extra price added to it some already start to claim that PSN has it better.
i'm sure the avarage earthling and yank can cough up the little extra money.

Ha, no price rise in Australia according to that page. Slick and I win.

lucky you... for now.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Don't forget that us europeans have been paying 60 euros a year instead of 50 USD. They can't possibly make it more expensive.

except people are not forced to buy it and it's a one time a year purchase in case the buyer still wants it. apparently microsoft did some calculations and came to the conclusion that a small decrease of people spending money on xbox gold ($50 per person) is nothing compared to the profit made by 10 extra bucks per player that will still buy it, they get more money and as usualy gamers will complain about it but they will buy it anyway because they can hardly do without it.

unlike PSN though, i may had to cough up 499 goddamn euro's for it at the store but it proves to be way more cheaper on the long run and also very useful for multimedia purposes. i don't have to buy extra cables i don't have to buy 101 stupid add-ons, and if i'm short on memory i go to the first best computerstore and buy myself a terrabite and a half or something like that. no ****ing around with elite membership or online fees just plug and play.

bill gates is a dairyfarmer and you guys are his cows, mwaha.

*ahem*

long story short: i am glad that i purchased a PS3 instead:)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
yeah, but why purchase a ps3 instead of a 360 when all your friends have a 360? :V

well it was mostly because it was all new i guess. when i bought my console in fall 2007 i made the decision to buy a PS3 because i had good experiences with the PS2 and it's games, i had no experience with Xbox and to prevent that i make a purchase that i might regret i took the road i traveled before. in the beginning good games and fellow players were scarce but it's a small price i had to pay to get this far.

besides i didn't knew any of you guys back then, in 2007-end 2008. i spended most my time on the pokemonsections untill i had enough of it last year summer. besides it's not that i am very lonely on my PS3 though, i am semi active on a PS3 forum or two and i have made some good contacts over the years. i'm not just able to team up with you guys here but believe me if i knew you guys back then as i do now i might have bought an Xbox too.

Last edited:
Without using number of people online as an answer since there's always going to be someone playing regardless of console, just what is the difference between PS3 and 360's onlince services?

Also, PSN+ is gonna cost money... but you can still play multiplayer without it. And I have a 360 and refuse to buy a Gold subscription... someone said he'd get me one for my birthday, though. Paying for a Gold subscription to get the two Uno Achievements I'm missing, what?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Without using number of people online as an answer since there's always going to be someone playing regardless of console, just what is the difference between PS3 and 360's onlince services?

i havn't gone online much with a 360 but i noticed that in games people from the same country are sorted and put in the same match as much as possible, with PS3 online it's one big blend of anything that joins at that moment.

Also, PSN+ is gonna cost money... but you can still play multiplayer without it. And I have a 360 and refuse to buy a Gold subscription... someone said he'd get me one for my birthday, though. Paying for a Gold subscription to get the two Uno Achievements I'm missing, what?

that's just a rumor. however we do have PS+ if that's what you menth. but that's more of a yearly subscription to discounts, extra's and free games which costs 50 a year and gives the user worth 200 bucks on year base, the quality of onlinegaming stays the same.

Last edited:
Rumor? That's what I read from the Official PlayStation Magazine.

fhqwhgads

And it has ads.

It's a rip-off. I could see it being justifiable if they had dedicated servers due to the costs associated, but there's next to nothing on their end. it's almost pure profit. It's a rip-off pure and simple.
It's a ripoff if you look down from the PC pedestal. For consoles, it's some damn good online.
Ha, no price rise in Australia according to that page. Slick and I win.
We don't live in Australia. We win.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
It's a ripoff if you look down from the PC pedestal. For consoles, it's some damn good online.

No because the PS3 offers an incredibly similar service, missing only a handful of things that live has (but with benefits like dedicated servers) and does it for free.

I should not have to pay for P2P matchmaking. There is absolutely no legitimate reason. And even if I do pay, said service should not be littered with ads.