• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Middle Cup

MC stall is actually alittle hard since too many strong psycoshocks out there, and ofc people would use eviolite its so easy to abuse xD

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Really it's exactly that. Of course, I forgot about Duosion for a bit, but hey...

It's actually not dissimilar to a bulkier OU (With my freaky in-head Mind Ratios) with the same popularity of moves being used. It's pretty fun, too, because some things that would be allowed aren't, and vice versa. You'd never see a Ex. Magmar as a "Top Contender" in any tier, but in MC, it's Stats are a blessing(I.E. good Offences, Relatively eviolite-able and able to outspeed certain threats.) What's the deal with the hate from some people, I ask?

mycooly

Banned
Well cause MC is not good tbh.....
In MC is usually STALL or GTFO

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
..So you also dislike OU semi-stall? Because it's just a different feel to that. Stop acting imature please, too. I really don't care for your "GTFOs" :p

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Really it's exactly that. Of course, I forgot about Duosion for a bit, but hey...

It's actually not dissimilar to a bulkier OU (With my freaky in-head Mind Ratios) with the same popularity of moves being used. It's pretty fun, too, because some things that would be allowed aren't, and vice versa. You'd never see a Ex. Magmar as a "Top Contender" in any tier, but in MC, it's Stats are a blessing(I.E. good Offences, Relatively eviolite-able and able to outspeed certain threats.) What's the deal with the hate from some people, I ask?

You missed Belly Drum on Magmar. If you troll Toxic then get Magmar in on the turn they use rest then you can possibly sweep the rest of the team due to Magmars highest in tier speed. It only works if the opponent doesn't have a choice but meh.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Hmm... Encore would be really cool for that, too. Belly Drum+Cross Chop/Brick Break+Fire Punch/Flare Blitz+Maybe Sub? Gotta make a team now, cool :p

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
After playing Middle Cup a bunch I can without a doubt say it is the stupidest tier around. At the same time its funny because basically any game comes down to "who has more broken **** in their team" which makes it fairly entertaining.

archeopsdan

some pokemon i like the look of include golbat(same setup as crobat with haze etc), chansey obviously, magneton using same style as magnezone with substitute, charge beam, etc. also monferno may make a good taunt/rocks lead and sealeo may be a good bulky water using 384 Hp along with 218, 217 plus evolite making about 325 in each defense with aqua ring and ice body for recovery. or even vigoroth...

well see hey??

After playing Middle Cup a bunch I can without a doubt say it is the stupidest tier around. At the same time its funny because basically any game comes down to "who has more broken **** in their team" which makes it fairly entertaining.

Welcome to RU

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
some pokemon i like the look of include golbat(same setup as crobat with haze etc), chansey obviously, magneton using same style as magnezone with substitute, charge beam, etc. also monferno may make a good taunt/rocks lead and sealeo may be a good bulky water using 384 Hp along with 218, 217 plus evolite making about 325 in each defense with aqua ring and ice body for recovery. or even vigoroth...

well see hey??

What with there being very few steels around, and the only one I have seen being Magneton itself, that Magne tactic may completely fail.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Ah, but Magnezone can be a decent dual Screener. And, IMO, he's the only good one. Metang would probably be good if it wasn't one of those couple that I can't use. Klang is pretty cool too, but it gets sucky after they figure out what moves you're using. And Lairon... Oh, Lairon...

Welp, there's not many more to look into :p I've been thinking about Subroost Staravia - And used it on a team when they HAPPENED to have two steels iirc - but it was pretty good. It still gets Reckless BB and D-E, so that's a boon. Marshtomp was good in the few battles, as it's pretty bulky and hits reasonably hard... Yeh. That's it for now :p

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Ah, but Magnezone can be a decent dual Screener. And, IMO, he's the only good one. Metang would probably be good if it wasn't one of those couple that I can't use. Klang is pretty cool too, but it gets sucky after they figure out what moves you're using. And Lairon... Oh, Lairon...

Welp, there's not many more to look into :p I've been thinking about Subroost Staravia - And used it on a team when they HAPPENED to have two steels iirc - but it was pretty good. It still gets Reckless BB and D-E, so that's a boon. Marshtomp was good in the few battles, as it's pretty bulky and hits reasonably hard... Yeh. That's it for now :p

But Magne kinda counters itself so... Yeah, lol.

Also Golbat may stop that tactic with Taunt, then Rhydon can just kill it.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
(I meant Magneton in my post btw)

Well, in my experience, people will usually lead with Golbat - And dependant on what spread your using, one would almost always win. It's a bit hard to withdraw a Golbat, but I think it's pretty cool to run Discharge on Magneton so it's able to take BBs all day and beat Golbat. Switch it out from any Rhydon, bring it in later, Tada. My team I've already got this going. It's my best yet, only lost with it once iirc :p Plus I just run Sturdy for Rhydon.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Wanna try out this MC thing, do you know any servers on PO that has this?

Wanna try out this MC thing, do you know any servers on PO that has this?

I don't believe there are any servers that have a Middle Cup ladder. I usually just set up a battle personally with someone and then meet on Smogon's PO server.

Speaking of which, I haven't had a single battle since I posted my team a page or so ago. Shame too, cause Middle Cup was sorta fun. Broken as all get out, but fun.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
So, as whoever may have known, two (One unfinished, and, presumably, deleted,) tournaments for MC have been put up. I myself as well as an amount of people who are somewhat common posters in this thread joined, and I'm just gonna say some stuff:

First of all, in my experience, Rhydon and Kadabra tip the scales a bit. They're really strong. I mean look at Kadabra - And this tier has loads of defences installed... Anyways, these two are exceedingly strong for my tastes, and I'm wondering if anyone would concur for a Ban/Don't Ban/Test More. Although it isn't official, it would be nice to have a reputation.

Next thing: Porygon2. No, not a Ban. More of a... "Not Useless". It caused my loss due to it's bulk, and T-Wave/TBolt/IceBeam/Tri Attack is really quite annoying.

Next is Duosion. I've not seen what it can do. It and Fraxure I'd LOVE to see more in battles, and maybe, just maybe, look into.

Also; Bump.

First of all, in my experience, Rhydon and Kadabra tip the scales a bit. They're really strong. I mean look at Kadabra - And this tier has loads of defences installed... Anyways, these two are exceedingly strong for my tastes, and I'm wondering if anyone would concur for a Ban/Don't Ban/Test More. Although it isn't official, it would be nice to have a reputation.

Rhydon isn't broken. Wartortle takes a dump on it. Dusclops takes a +2 hit like its nothing and Burns. Pretty much all water / grasses with a STAB move can beat it. Defensive Rhydon isn't a threat its just tough.

Kadabra is strong but its life is ended instantly by Metang and if predicted right, most scarfers. Dusclops and Togetic also take its hits very well. Chansey is 3HKOed even by Psyshock and only is worried about Trick. It is probably the most dangerous thing in the tier right now.

Next thing: Porygon2. No, not a Ban. More of a... "Not Useless". It caused my loss due to it's bulk, and T-Wave/TBolt/IceBeam/Tri Attack is really quite annoying.

Why would you use Porygon 2 without Recover.

Next is Duosion. I've not seen what it can do.

Duosion is pretty good against stall but sucks against offense.

It and Fraxure I'd LOVE to see more in battles, and maybe, just maybe, look into.

Its super-strong but its very slow and weak. At least Haxorus in OU is somewhat fast.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Dusclops, Porygon2, Magneton, Poliwhirl, Bayleef, Gurdurr

this is a team that I have never tried, but will in theory win a lot. I would definitely test this out, but I only use PO, and I couldn't find any MC matches there.

This tier is really messed up, with stuff coming from UU down to NU (it was even weirder back when Porygon2 was OU). No wonder most people don't play in it.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
@BH: I guess I'm not doing something right, then :/ Of course, it would lend the "Walls" that are really otherwise only maginably useful a bit more viability, and Y'know all my normal crap.

Because if you can probably opt out Tri Attack for recover, or T-Bolt for Discharge in turn gaining Recover over T-wave, etc. It's one variation of an uncommon one that wrecked my apparently very bad team.

Tier= Stall>Offence IIRC. Just have Back-up for Duosion and something will happen, I s'pose.

Super strong but slow and weak... So, maybe Scarf? I dunno, not enough options for that IIRC.

@3.14kachu: That looks, in my opinion, like an overly defensive Dual Screen team... BTW, what's with Poliwhirl? Isn't it a little... Sub-par? Unless it's keen on speed or Belly Drum Croconaw looks better for the job. Just my opinion by the way.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Hey they made Middle Cup an actual tier on PO. Time to try it out.

EDIT: Rank up!