• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Middle Cup

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
People said the same thing about Little Cup (granted, the pokemon selection and stats are very different).

Well in little cup there aren't pokes with OU viability now are there?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Isn't an Uber list an option?

Yes it is.

I was thinking instead of Ubers, we could change it to Lv. 40? Perhaps lower? Therefore, pokemon we deem too powerful get dropped to Lv. 40 to make them much more deal-able. We could make multiple eviolite users 'Lv. 40' (Only 1 eviolite user would be Lv. 40) however one would be standard (although we may not ban eviolite). We could choose the weakest pokes, kakuna, cascoon, etc, to be lv. 60, to give them some hope of use. I think this would make the meta more fair, and it's not really making certain things never used.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I was thinking instead of Ubers, we could change it to Lv. 40? Perhaps lower? Therefore, pokemon we deem too powerful get dropped to Lv. 40 to make them much more deal-able. We could make multiple eviolite users 'Lv. 40' (Only 1 eviolite user would be Lv. 40) however one would be standard (although we may not ban eviolite). We could choose the weakest pokes, kakuna, cascoon, etc, to be lv. 60, to give them some hope of use. I think this would make the meta more fair, and it's not really making certain things never used.

That sounds a little too complex for a whole new tier. Plus the only use I can think of for Kakuna is Toxic/stall (and failing at that). And Eviolite users at lv 40 is a dead giveaway (and Porygon2 would probably survive anyway).

Also to the Speed Boost Combusken problem: if necessary you can just ban Speed Boost since it's the only SB user eligible.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Frazier could be devastating with a Choice Band. Stiff like Wartortle would work out well with Rapid Spin, and i agree that Porygon2 would be overpowered seeing on how good it does in OU..so yeah. Speed Boost Combusken would be dominate, Dusclops makes for a killer wall, same with Chansey. It'd be fun to try out, hopefully not every Pokemon will be holding an Evolite.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
hmm interesting tier idea, but some pokes(pory2, dusclops ect) will kill here, thought of an uber list?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Yes... That's why the thread was created...
My idea isn't complex, it's just ubers are Lv. 40 and UUs are Lv. 60, to even things out. Basically it's a new tiering system. You're not saying it's more comlex the Ubers, OU, UU are you? It's basically packing them all in one meta. Speed Boost combusken would fail, it's bulked out and will be killed by wartortle. It doesn't have as many opportunities to set up.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Barbeller... Thats retarded. It's the nicest possible way for me to put your suggestion.
Hell, we'll either ban Evolite or ban broken walls. It all depends.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Yes... That's why the thread was created...
My idea isn't complex, it's just ubers are Lv. 40 and UUs are Lv. 60, to even things out. Basically it's a new tiering system. You're not saying it's more comlex the Ubers, OU, UU are you? It's basically packing them all in one meta. Speed Boost combusken would fail, it's bulked out and will be killed by wartortle. It doesn't have as many opportunities to set up.

lol, that is not making any sense. Eviolite is banned as of now, and and uber list wouldn't work, just ban Pokemon if anyone sees that they are overpowered AFTER R4GE tests it with people.

Anyway, I am sooooo happy that this tier has been created.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
We decided not to ban anything until actual testing... Sorry 4 not updating ya...

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
lol, that is not making any sense. Eviolite is banned as of now, and and uber list wouldn't work, just ban Pokemon if anyone sees that they are overpowered AFTER R4GE tests it with people.

Anyway, I am sooooo happy that this tier has been created.

Eviolite isn't banned as of yet and I didn't word it properly.
Deemed too powerful it is used as level 40
Deemed too weak and It is used at level 60
Deemed neutral and it is used at level 50
Simples. But retarded I guess. I would prefer that it's tested though...

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
Eviolite isn't banned as of yet and I didn't word it properly.
Deemed too powerful it is used as level 40
Deemed too weak and It is used at level 60
Deemed neutral and it is used at level 50
Simples. But retarded I guess. I would prefer that it's tested though...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Smogon did some testing back in 4th gen with that idea in OU, with like level 80 Kyogres and stuff like that. And they were still broken, every single time. So in addition to what you're saying, let's bring in OU pokes, except only at level 20. This is a stupid idea, and falls in league with what you're saying. It just brings more complexity to a new and unstable metagame.

Psycho Cut

I think this tier's pretty stupid. I mean, it's like Smogon were just looking to add too many tiers. Besides, you can use eviolite chansey, and eviolite porygon 2. In fact, you'll probably have to include them to make your team any good. To make this tier at least somewhat playable, eviolite should be banned.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
That's what me and eevee are leaning towards- A total ban or a heavy restriction to evolite.
But thinking about it... This tier will be almost completely stall with evolite around. with no weather. It'll be... Interesting.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Maybe you should ban Chansey altogether. Evolite or not, its pretty much the best staller in the metagame

windsong

WEST SIDE
Not particularly. It has the raw defenses, sure, but it doesn't really wall anything on the physical side without Eviolite. Also none of this level 40 / 60 stuff guys, I don't want to have to deal with that for every mon in the metagame.

Oh, and just so you guys know, we do have logs, so you don't have to rely entirely on theorymon -- cometk and i played yesterday and so did blue harvest and ab2, i think, and they all saved logs, most of which are posted somewhere in this thread.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
i might make a team then, hmmmm rhydon is a physical chansey, with all the pokes being stage2, its nice for absorbing physical attacks meant for chansey, even if they both are fighting weak. eh just an idea

windsong

WEST SIDE
i might make a team then, hmmmm rhydon is a physical chansey, with all the pokes being stage2, its nice for absorbing physical attacks meant for chansey, even if they both are fighting weak. eh just an idea

Look at my team in the logs. =P

But those are with Eviolite, and without it, there won't be ridiculous crap like Rhydon taking only 60% from MixBuzz's HP Grass, lol.