• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Middle Cup

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Me and Cometk had a couple of battles, they were all stally. I won the non-eviolite battle and he won the Eviolite ones. We had a lot of battles lol. But yea, stall is a very big factor in this metagame and we should make a system of banning stuff.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Me and Cometk had a couple of battles, they were all stally. I won the non-eviolite battle and he won the Eviolite ones. We had a lot of battles lol. But yea, stall is a very big factor in this metagame and we should make a system of banning stuff.

Stuff being? If stall is all there is in this meta then we need to accept it. I'm making a (eviolite) team in this meta and I've currently got Whirlipede, Dusclops, Poliwhirl and I'm working on the rest. If this place is stall then accept it lol.

I beg to differ. Middle cup has a stickied post in smogon and is considered a gimmicky tier. After all, didn't LC come first as a gimmick into a real tier? And how is LC a nintendo tier?

LC was on Pokemon Stadium 2. It was pretty much the same as it is now, complete with Sleep and Freeze clauses.

Cometk

west side
has anyone noticed how ridiculously hard choice band hustle zweilous hits? it reaches 337 attack right off the bat which is enough for outrage to 2hko even metang (without eviolite.)

also, would something like hippopotas be allowed? it's not a middle evolution, but couldn't that be considered like using uu mons in ou?

i used heavy offense for the non-eviolite battle and you brought eviolite whirlipede to that. gosh ur such a goof.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
i used heavy offense for the non-eviolite battle and you brought eviolite whirlipede to that. gosh ur such a goof.

lol, that is because I forgot to put my non-eviolite team to level 50. sorry :(

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
YO GUYS I'M ON PO PLAYING MIDDLE CUP.I'm [MC]R4GEKILL on PO if u wanna battle.

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
I like the idea of this, but I can't give my full opinion until I actually try it. All I can say is, Duosion, Chansey, and Porygon2 will tear it up majorly.

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
After playing this myself I can say that Middle Cup is certainly an interesting metagame. First off, everything you think would be broken, is. While some testing will have to be done and the tier won't be stable tomorrow or the next day, it will eventually be a legitimate and competitive tier.

multi-scale

Sounds interesting since there would be no weather starters. Also, the Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress line would not appear at all, so there is less physical walls.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
I like the idea of this, but I can't give my full opinion until I actually try it. All I can say is, Duosion, Chansey, and Porygon2 will tear it up majorly.

I haven't seen any Duosion's. It won't be broken.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Porygon2 would be the biggest problem. It destroys OU teams, so why shoul I be allowed in a gimmick tier?

Ciliano

Is there anyone on Pokemon Online right now that wants to test this out with me? I made a team and I am curious.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
After what I played today... I won pretty much all my matches. Evolite is not that broken if you're not an idiot. Pory2 is... Disappointing. Especially offensively. Chansey takes +6 attacks like they're nothing, which pisses me off. But THE ONLY thing I thought was broken is kadabra. Scarfed kadabra outsped and killed my entire team. The only thing that can match it's speed is Elecatabuzz, and it's a terrible counter to it. It 6-0ed my entire team with no setup whatsover. Stall Tier my a.ss.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Eventually there should/will be an ubers list.

Not really an ubers list, because nothing is banned except for in OU and UU. Basically, just banned Pokemon.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Eviolite DD Pupitar behind screens would tear just about every team up. Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge takes the entire meta apart

ANYTHING that sets up a ton behind screens can work. Lol.